Your fav Rainbow song without Dio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your fav Rainbow song without Dio?

For me it will have to be; All Night Long, that song is just so good................

Difficult to Cure. Adventurous, virtuosic instrumental showcase with a sense of humor.

Comment

Can't Happen Here.......
      Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Street Of Dreams...Stone Cold...Can't Let You Go...Eyes Of Fire...Eyes Of The World...
        "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

There isn't one...Never liked the post Dio pop-Rainbow...but If I'd have to choose on I think I'd go with Difficult To Cure.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
            There isn't one...Never liked the post Dio pop-Rainbow...but If I'd have to choose on I think I'd go with Difficult To Cure.
            fi I had to chose I'd kill myself; NO WAIT!!! Here it is:

Still I'm Sad, the RB's Rainbow version. It's an instrumental

Comment

I quite like post-Dio Rainbow, becuase it was the post-Dio Rainbow that I first heard and so wasn't tarnished by the memory of what had come before.

Probably would have to say that Can't Happen Here is my favourite, but there's a fair few of their songs I like.
              My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Wolf to the Moon. Apart from Hunting Humans (Insatiable) the whole Stranger in Us All album is just great from start to finish.
                http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Death Ally Driver (with vocals), but I too love the tune Difficult to Cure. Saw Purple in 85 on the Reunion tour, and they played it. Bethoven himself (In laser form) conducted the band. It was my first concert, and I was in awe of Blackmore and the laser show.
                  "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

From the near-forgotten Doogie White era...Ariel...Black Masquerade...Wolf To The Moon...Cold Hearted Woman...
                    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

I love them all!!
                      There were some beautifully written songs during this time, Blackmore really excelled at writing amazing pop/rock tunes

Can't Let You Go
                      Can't Happen Here
                      Tearin' Out My Heart
                      Lost In Hollywood
                      Spotlight Kid

Comment

From each singer:

Bonnet - "Eyes of the World"
                        Turner - "Street of Dreams"
                        White - "Wolf to the Moon"

But my favourite overall past 1978 is the instrumental "Difficult to Cure".

It took me a long time to accept the '79-'83 material but once I got over it "not sounding right" I have found that I enjoy it all. (My first taste was a complilation that has "Gates of Babylon" directly followed by "All Night Long" --- My initial reaction was very much "WTF is THIS?!?!?!") The "comeback album" harkens back to the older style and was a lot easier for me to digest when I first heard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                          From the near-forgotten Doogie White era...Ariel...Black Masquerade...Wolf To The Moon...Cold Hearted Woman...
                          Oh yeah... Ariel is a good one...I especially enjoy the Blackmore's Night's live version of it.

Comment

I named my cat Ariel after this song

Comment

"Eyes of The World."

I could have easily imagined Dio singing this, though Graham Bonnet does a fine job.
                              He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

Working...
                              X