Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Your fav Rainbow song without Dio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only post-Dio Rainbow album I've got is Straight Between the Eyes, and my favorite from it is definitely the ballad Tearin' Out My Heart. Great song, it's got the quality of Dio-era Rainbow. Unfortunately, nothing else off the album is as good. Eyes of Fire is pretty good though.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

The only Dio-less Rainbow album that I like is the Doogie White "Stranger In Us All". But my favorite song is an instrumental from the "Bent out of Shape" CD, 'Snowman'.

Comment

I didn't even have to think - STONE COLD, Blackmore's solos in that song are the best.
        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

Comment

Eyes Of The World
          All Night Long
          Love`s No Friend
          Danger Zone

Comment

I haven't given much of it a chance, not sure where to start because I'm a huge Dio fan and haven't liked a lot of it I've heard, but I did hear Stone Cold and it was pretty awesome.
            Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Comment

call me a softy but I like "Since You've Been Gone" is a nice little tune.
              "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
              http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Comment

I love lost in Hollywood and street of dreams is a great pop song.

I think my favorite post-dio album would be down to earth.

Comment

Eyes Of The World, Down To Earth is my favorite Non Dio Rainbow album.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Stone Cold Rainbow's best song post Dio
                    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                    R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                      Stone Cold Rainbow's best song post Dio
                      You know Wicked, I never really liked that song it plays on the radio often, it's not bad but too commercial and mainstream sounding, but then I again I can't stomach Joe Lynn Turner's voice don't know why.

Another non Dio favorite by a singer who I think suited the band better than Joe, is Black Masquerade and Hall Of The Mountain King
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Danger Zone - Eyes of the World - Down to Earth

Fire Dance - Bent out of Shape

Comment

The best songs from the post-Dio Rainbow albums, links included...

From "Down To Earth"...
                          - Eyes Of The World
                          - Since You Been Gone
                          - Danger Zone

From "Difficult To Cure"...
                          - I Surrender
                          - Magic
                          - Can't Happen Here

From "Straight Between The Eyes"...
                          - Stone Cold
                          - Tearin' Out My Heart
                          - Eyes Fire

From "Bent Out Of Shape"...
                          - Can't Let You Go
                          - Desperate Heart
                          - Street Of Dreams

...and from the often overlooked "Stranger In Us All"...
                          - Wolf To The Moon
                          - Ariel
                          - Black Masquerade

The choice of a single #1 song from this lot is troublesome, a question maybe never thoroughly answered.
                          "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                            You know Wicked, I never really liked that song it plays on the radio often, it's not bad but too commercial and mainstream sounding, but then I again I can't stomach Joe Lynn Turner's voice don't know why.

Another non Dio favorite by a singer who I think suited the band better than Joe, is Black Masquerade and Hall Of The Mountain King
                            I love that song commercial true but in a good way
                            R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                              I love that song commercial true but in a good way
                              Yeah I don’t hate it, something about Joe Lynn Turner’s voice, that turns me off.

Graham Bonnet was a powerhouse of a singer full of energy, and I also like Doogie White, I think he was the best post Dio fit for the band, I don’t know why Ritchie didn’t pick him back up for the Rainbow stint, instead of the Romero guy.

Happy New Year to you Wicked.

Comment

Yea love Doogie
                                R. Blackmore

Comment

Working...
                                X