Electric Wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Wizard

Anyone who has deep obsession towards them?

IMO IMO the closest to Sabbath in terms of spirit.

Just listen to this jam of insanity!
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Witchfinder General are much better, not keen on Electric Wizard, boring for me.

Comment

I thought we already had an EW thread, before.

Anyway, I really like the band. They are better than some of the bands they are often compared to.

LouiST, do you have a favourite Electric Wizard album? Have you ever seen them LIVE?

I've seen them twice, and as for my own favourites, I'm somewhat torn between the excellent trio of 'Come My Fanatics....', Let Us Prey' and 'We Live'.
      "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

I think they are great! I have Come My Fanatics, Dopethrone and Black Masses and I love all three of them.
        Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
          I thought we already had an EW thread, before.
          I think we've had 4 or 5 threads on EW, and they all tend to start with some variation of "Does anyone like them?".

I love EW. One of my favorite bands ever.

Comment

Oh really? There was a period, when I started a slew of 'band' threads, myself. And I was certain that I had already posted my thoughts on EW, before. But 4-5 threads already? Doesn't anybody bother to make a quick 'search' before starting threads like these? Sorry, LouiST, I'm sure you love Electric Wizard, but it would have been better if you posted your thoughts on one of those old threads.
            "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

^Nailed it on the wall for every encounter I have had within the last year.

On topic, I like Electric Wizard, liked the Chrono.naut a lot.
              "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

I think they're pretty good, but I think Pentagram and Sleep are closer to Sabbath in spirit.

My favorite EW albums are the debut and Come My Fanatics.
                Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

I didn't remember there were threads about the Wizard o_O

My favorite is definitely Dopethrone. Playing it on a hi-hi while being stoned is totally mind-crushing!
                  Come My Fanatics is real close. After Deopthrone and Let US Prey however they became a totally different band, just like Sabbath after the 70s.

Comment

Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                    I didn't remember there were threads about the Wizard o_O

My favorite is definitely Dopethrone. Playing it on a hi-hi while being stoned is totally mind-crushing!
                    Come My Fanatics is real close. After Deopthrone and Let US Prey however they became a totally different band, just like Sabbath after the 70s.
                    Very true. Of course, there was a pretty much a wholesale line up change. From what I've heard, in the original band, Tim Bagshaw wrote a lot of music. Since he and Mark left, it's totally Jus's vision. I really like the last 2 albums, but it's much different from what I view as the peak of the original band (Let Us Prey and Dopethrone - the latter being my favorite EW release as well).

Comment

Witchcult Today is great overall despite redundant riffs structure. (eg title track and The Chosen Few: you can hear the similarity in riffs)

Black Masses is good too. But it sounds a bit too acid/ not heavy enough to me.

Heck I really hope that Jus can get Mark and Tim back
                      Last edited by LouiST; 07-25-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

ELECTRIC WIZARD IS SOMETHING !!!

By blackglove at 2012-04-27

Comment

Check out ORCHID, these guys can play and though they shamelessly ripp off Sabbath, it's very entertaining noting what BS songs they are "redoing" within their songs. They have an EP, but it's great stuff, much better than the boring EW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8MhB...eature=related
                          "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                          R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                            Witchcult Today is great overall despite redundant riffs structure. (eg title track and The Chosen Few: you can hear the similarity in riffs)

Black Masses is good too. But it sounds a bit too acid/ not heavy enough to me.

Heck I really hope that Jus can get Mark and Tim back
                            That ain't ever happening. Jus and and the other guys don't like each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                              Check out ORCHID, these guys can play and though they shamelessly ripp off Sabbath, it's very entertaining noting what BS songs they are "redoing" within their songs. They have an EP, but it's great stuff, much better than the boring EW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8MhB...eature=related
                              If I argue with you about EW the battle will probably take for... ever :D

This Orchid song is amazing. Sounds pretty close to A National Acrobat.
                              Originally posted by VikingChrist View Post
                              That ain't ever happening. Jus and and the other guys don't like each other.
                              Is it because of difficulties while touring back in the days?

Comment

Working...
                              X