"Let's Rock..." Part XXIV H&H Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Let's Rock..." Part XXIV H&H Game

So, with that said, let's get the thread started with the rules of the game:

- We start off with twenty bands, each having twenty points. All forms of ROCK/METAL go head to head (be it Grunge, Thrash/Speed Metal, what have you.)

- The point of the game is to drain points from specific bands, while healing your own. For each one point that you heal a band, you remove two points from another. Example: +1 Metallica, -2 Children Of Bodom. The last one standing is the winner.

- You may not make more than one consecutive post; IE: you must first wait for another person to post before you make yours. Also, one post per day, per poster.

- You can vote for a band you haven't heard, or have heard very little of, on the premise of protecting a band you enjoy.

- Black Sabbath(Or Heaven And Hell) is OMITTED due to the fact that we're on a Black Sabbath site, and we don't want votes to get one sided. Also those already entered in the Hall Of Fame are now OMITTED as well because they already won their respective games.

- If a player decides to cheat by voting on another account with the same Email and IP Address, the player will be BANNED from the game and the board.

One person can nominate one band. Once we get twenty bands, the game will begin. You all know the drill.

Al Bundy says: Let's Rock...

Connor MacLeod says: There can be only one... Yes, MacLeod, in each round.
    Last edited by 8bit Fighter; 11-17-2012, 05:15 PM.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

01. Kate Bush - 20
    02. Entombed - 20
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

I'll go with one of the most interesting Indie pioneers with JG Thirlwell better known for the various Foetus vehicles as well as Wiseblood.

01. Kate Bush - 20
      02. Entombed - 20
      03. The Cult - 20
      04. JG Thirlwell - 20
      My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Time to put some Black Metal in the hall...

01. Kate Bush - 20
        02. Entombed - 20
        03. The Cult - 20
        04. JG Thirlwell - 20
        05. Darkthrone
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
        Til rs ok friar ok forn sir

Comment

I've waited for this day to come so long...seeing that Thin Lizzy logo there is sight for sore eyes

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
          Godspeed! I guess it's fair to say that you will have a hard time getting a Black Metal act to our HOF. But if my preferred bands are gone and your BM act is still alive and kicking, I might lend you a helping hand, for the sake of variety

01. Kate Bush - 20
          02. Entombed - 20
          03. The Cult - 20
          04. JG Thirlwell - 20
          05. Darkthrone - 20
          06. Creedence Clearwater Revival - 20
          "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
          "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
          "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
            same feeling , Billy !! I' ve hesitated with Kreator but I put my first choice so ...

01. Kate Bush - 20
            02. Entombed - 20
            03. The Cult - 20
            04. JG Thirlwell - 20
            05. Darkthrone - 20
            07. Bathory - 20

Comment

Black metal? We put the founders in two rounds ago! But I digress, I know very little about BM so maybe it's like calling Sabbath the first Doom band....

01. Kate Bush - 20
              02. Entombed - 20
              03. The Cult - 20
              04. JG Thirlwell - 20
              05. Darkthrone - 20
              07. Bathory - 20
              08. Cheap Trick - 20
              My Rock, Alternative, and Metal review page:

http://deadrockanthem.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
                same feeling , Billy !! I' ve hesitated with Kreator but I put my first choice so ...
                07. Bathory - 20
                Oh, battling between Darkthrone and Bathory will be hard. And with CCR on the list too i just might have to vote some non-BM every now and then. Let's just hope people keep putting garbage like Kate Bush, Entombed and Cheap Trick on the list so we'll have someone to hurt...

Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
                Godspeed! I guess it's fair to say that you will have a hard time getting a Black Metal act to our HOF. But if my preferred bands are gone and your BM act is still alive and kicking, I might lend you a helping hand, for the sake of variety
                I'd appreciate it if you did

Originally posted by Sporkman GB View Post
                Black metal? We put the founders in two rounds ago! But I digress, I know very little about BM so maybe it's like calling Sabbath the first Doom band....

That's true actually. Though Mercyful Fate soundwise is more in the "Speed Metal"-vein, they were important to the beginnings of BM, but the true founders has to be Venom (which b.t.w is included in the hall too, so i guess BM is represented already... )

And Sabbath WAS the first Doom-band...
                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

You guys play. I've got better things to do.
                  How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                  --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                    You guys play. I've got better things to do.
                    I haven't honestly... But since there are so many bands in the list that I have never heard and which I will probably hate to listen to, I guess this round isn't for me. If I get really bored I might join in anyway though, if nothing else just to heal CCR :D
                    "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                    -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                    - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
                    http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

Hey Bill, feel free to hurt Kate Bush. Consider it a donation.
                      "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Originally posted by 8bit Fighter View Post
                        Consider it a donation.
                        Thank you

Comment

Why the hell someone keeps nominating Kate Bush all the time?
                          "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                          "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                          "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
                            Why the hell someone keeps nominating Kate Bush all the time?
                            Personally I like Kate's catalogue but she's not really for this game IMO.
                            Last edited by KiloDeltaCharlie; 10-07-2012, 01:08 PM.
                            My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

I quite like Kate's Bush.
                              >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                              SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                              YR CPTIN SPEKING
                              YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Working...
                              X