Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Killer Black Sabbath Clone Band - Orchid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer Black Sabbath Clone Band - Orchid

I wanted to pass along a excellent band that is touring around your area now. Here is there site: https://www.facebook.com/orchidsf
    You can listen to the music if you click on bandcamp. Yes, they are a Sabbath ripoff band but a very good one. I would love to see them myself. I am anticipating the new Sabbath album but I wish it could sound more like these guys! Still can't beat the Supergroup with the rangemaster!

I had a thread on them a few months ago at least.. yes they are a Sabbath "cover" band who's own music takes certain elements of Sabbath songs and strings them cleverly together.... I like them, I think their good but I htink they only have 1 EP of their own music... to me they're the closest to sounding like the originals... I think they may have a new one out, Mouths Of Madness, here's one from an earlier EP, sounds like The Thrill Of It All, in parts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8MhBnkHTaA
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

Orchid have 3 Ep's and just released their latest album last week. I don't think the vocalist comes close to Ozzy, but the music is very reminiscent of Sabbath.
      The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Originally posted by devstorm View Post
        Orchid have 3 Ep's and just released their latest album last week. I don't think the vocalist comes close to Ozzy, but the music is very reminiscent of Sabbath.
        Yes agree, there's other "Sabbath" bands that have a closer Ozzy sounding singer, but the music these guys plays may be the closest to BS than anyone...
        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

Comment

I really like some of their songs, BUT...

they are too much of a clone for me to appreciate them. Nicking the verse vocal melody of The Thrill Of It All and using it in their song "Capricorn" was the final straw really
          "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
          "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
          "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Yea agree, you can't take them serious when they basically cop different parts of Sabbath songs and string them together to make a song... they're fun to listen to for me just to pick out what Sabbath song(s) they're copying...
            R. Blackmore

Comment

Serioisly, now they're even copying the Paranoid music video

And this one, Supernaut much? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQojtF1ZAA

It's a shame, they seem to have the talent but they lack the identity.
              "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
              "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler

Comment

Are they wearing bell bottoms..??!! Jesus these guys really live in the 70's....
                R. Blackmore

Comment

A really good band! Don't get hung up on influences - enjoy!

Comment

I like what they do, they're good at it. But I have a hard time taking it seriously. Their identity is to plain and simply do everything Sabbath already did. It kind of comes across as a parody and because of that, I can't really give it more than a few listens. I imagine they'd be a fantastic cover band for the local scenes though. Sorry, it's just too weird for me.
                    ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

My Favorite songs are Into The Sun and Eastern Woman off of Through The Devil's Doorway EP.

Comment

Will 13 be as good as The Mouths Of Madness? Seriously doubt it...

Comment

Originally posted by KHH View Post
                          Will 13 be as good as The Mouths Of Madness? Seriously doubt it...
                          I don't know. But I already own Paranoid, Master of Reality and Vol. 4
                          ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                            Precisely! I don't understand why they try to sounds exactly like Sabbath. They have the potential to create something of their own. Now they are just a glorified cover band. Songs like "Eastern Woman" show that they could write more unique, but they don't seem to want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post

You mean you already got Paranoid?

Comment

Working...
                              X