Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Judas Priest Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see some Priest banter in the forums. First band I saw 30-odd years ago in the Glasgow Apollo supported by Accept.
    They were brilliant when they toured with Screaming and Defenders but Turbo tripped them up a little, they never even toured the UK that year, I had to go over to Europe to see the daft giant robot stageshow.
    I think Halford left at the right time and to be honest I don't think he should have come back, the recent albums have been by the numbers metal for me, the home crowd seem to agree as well, saw them play an empty hall in Glasgow on the Epitaph tour. KK didn't miss anything.

From Sad Wings to Defenders the albums are awesome and Screaming is one of my favourite albums by anyone ever.

Comment

I decided not to go see the Epitaph tour. No KK, no Priest (for me).

I have not regretted my decision. I think they should have called it quits when KK left.

Priest will always be my favorite band, but I couldnīt care less if they bring out a new CD without KK.

Comment

Always glad to discuss Judas Priest. Their influence and importance can never be underestimated. Interestingly, I'm not sure I can think of my favorite Priest album although my favorite songs would have to be 'Dissident Aggressor', 'Victim Of Changes', 'The Ripper', and 'Hell Bent For Leather' :all QUINTESSENTIAL Judas Priest! It's almost five years ago to the day ( 8-28-08) I saw the 'Metal Masters' tour ( Judas Priest, Heaven & Hell, ( i.e. BLACK SABBATH!... for all intents and purposes!...), Motorhead, and Testament. I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E! Great thread and comments everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by PTC View Post
          Nice to see some Priest banter in the forums. First band I saw 30-odd years ago in the Glasgow Apollo supported by Accept.
          Cool- this tour was also my first ever gig- the Priest supported by Accept at the Gaumont in Southampton in 1981..!
          Follow mens' eyes, As they look to the skies, The shifting shafts of shining, Weave the fabric of their dreams...

Comment

I LOVE JUDAS PRIEST! Second only to the Mighty Sabbath, check out my top 10 video!

Comment

Cool video! Very well made. I could never pick my 10 favorite Priest songs. There are just too many.

Comment

I like the Sad Wings Of Destiny album, Priest is a great band always liked them.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Judas Priest is making a comeback with me, I was really into them as a teen, when Rob left I was disappointed, but listening to the Metalogy box set the other day I heard Ripper Owens on Jugulator and he was awesome and the music was heavy, probably heavier than with Rob.

Priest deserves their rightful place as the Metal Gods.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

This is my top ten Judas Priest songs list:

01. Before The Dawn
                    02. Future Of Mankind
                    03. Beyond The Realms Of Death
                    04. Desert Plains
                    05. Victim Of Changes
                    06. The Hellion/Electric Eye
                    07. Angel
                    08. Judas Rising
                    09. Turbo Lover
                    10. Rock Hard Ride Free

My favourite Priest studio album is 'Nostradamus'.

Comment

Before The Dawn, was my song back in the day, I love that song, disappointed it wasn't on the Metalogy Box set.

Originally posted by Cosmiceddie View Post
                      This is my top ten Judas Priest songs list:

01. Before The Dawn
                      02. Future Of Mankind
                      03. Beyond The Realms Of Death
                      04. Desert Plains
                      05. Victim Of Changes
                      06. The Hellion/Electric Eye
                      07. Angel
                      08. Judas Rising
                      09. Turbo Lover
                      10. Rock Hard Ride Free

My favourite Priest studio album is 'Nostradamus'.

Comment

70s Priest is unreal.

Some many great tracks/albums.

Comment

Originally posted by Judas Priest Fanatic View Post
                          I decided not to go see the Epitaph tour. No KK, no Priest (for me).

I have not regretted my decision. I think they should have called it quits when KK left.

Priest will always be my favorite band, but I couldnīt care less if they bring out a new CD without KK.
                          Is this "PriestareGod" from the Quorum speaking???
                          Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

YES! Itīs me.

I guess you are Never Satisfied

Comment

I need to get all of Priests albums on CD, too bad they don't have a complete recordings CD Box set.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                                I need to get all of Priests albums on CD, too bad they don't have a complete recordings CD Box set.
                                I had to double check, but I was pretty positive I remember hearing about a comprehensive box set that came last year..

Indeed there is: http://www.amazon.com/Judas-Priest-C...das+priest+box

Oops they dont seem to have the Ripper albums in there.
                                Last edited by devstorm; 09-15-2013, 08:54 PM.
                                The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Working...
                                X