Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judas Priest Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by metalmika View Post
    hi thanks i have never seen it on ebay or dicogs it,s not a bootleg i think it,s out of print i have never seen copy it,s out there
    No problem, you sure it was London 2002 and not the 2000 show in London? This is the only information I'm getting from Metal God Records, Recorded live at the Astoria Theatre in London, UK on December 6th, 2000, 2 CD set: https://www.discogs.com/Halford-Live...elease/6896168 and this: https://www.metal-archives.com/album..._London/596106 .


    I've tried searching for Halford 2002 Live in London 2CD and it's not listed anywhere, not even on Metal God Records, only the above show and album pops up.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

    Comment


    • yes your right it,s 2000 2cds

      Comment


      • Originally posted by metalmika View Post
        yes your right it,s 2000 2cds
        Did you check my above links for the CD's, there are no 2000 shows Rob recorded on CD in London.

        Click on the links I provided above.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

        Comment


        • yes i did thanks

          Comment


          • First and foremost I would like to know what's up with Glenn these days. The last time I read about him it was terrible when Ian told that Glenn is not feeling too good and indeed Glenn was not on board during the final chapter of the 'Firepower' tour. So how is Glenn today, is he writing new material, what are his current capabilities, anyone knows?

            Right. So Ozzy fell ill and cancelled some dates, then he injured himself big time and had to postpone the entire tour until early next year. Will he be able to go on stage and deliver his usual Prince Of Darkness show like he did last year? I mean, he gave a good show and I would love to see him again. Seeing Judas Priest opening the night is a tremendous show in itself. I do wish Ozzy recovers and returns to stages in January, bringing the Metal Gods with him. I think Ozzy deserves to be roaring on the road when the 'debut album of everything' turns 50.

            Judas Priest will be launching the 50th anniversary celebrations next year. Will we ultimately see KK Downing with them as well? Knowing Priest's history of keeping certain things in the family and not in the public laundry, I really can't see the possibility of KK being invited back into the fold after his multiple rants in the media. Well, at least not just like that - a lot of reconciliation must be made, by both parties, I guess. And I never doubt the power of forgiveness, so who knows? I do know that Rob didn't destroy KK's chances of returning the last time I read his statements, but he didn't open the gates either - all in the Priest tradition of keeping the lid on until everything is settled. Even if Priest would go out again without KK, I personally would more than accept and welcome Andy Sneap doing the live guitar work again, even during the anniversary tour - he's done a great job during the 'Firepower' tour and he's already a big part of the Priest family, having made the record with them and getting along with the group. The setlists that Priest has showcased lately are something to enjoy in awe. Scott and Ian form the backbone, Rob is the voice and the ceremonial master at the helm and Richie and Andy bring the riffs and leads - it's all Priest for me, same songs, same power, just a different lineup without the two chief guitarists (the other stepped down, not wanting to continue - the other had to step down, even while wanting to continue).

            I trust God's will and I delight for the privilege that I can pray and hope for all blessings towards these dear people and that we could see them again.
            "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
              First and foremost I would like to know what's up with Glenn these days. The last time I read about him it was terrible when Ian told that Glenn is not feeling too good and indeed Glenn was not on board during the final chapter of the 'Firepower' tour. So how is Glenn today, is he writing new material, what are his current capabilities, anyone knows?

              Right. So Ozzy fell ill and cancelled some dates, then he injured himself big time and had to postpone the entire tour until early next year. Will he be able to go on stage and deliver his usual Prince Of Darkness show like he did last year? I mean, he gave a good show and I would love to see him again. Seeing Judas Priest opening the night is a tremendous show in itself. I do wish Ozzy recovers and returns to stages in January, bringing the Metal Gods with him. I think Ozzy deserves to be roaring on the road when the 'debut album of everything' turns 50.

              Judas Priest will be launching the 50th anniversary celebrations next year. Will we ultimately see KK Downing with them as well? Knowing Priest's history of keeping certain things in the family and not in the public laundry, I really can't see the possibility of KK being invited back into the fold after his multiple rants in the media. Well, at least not just like that - a lot of reconciliation must be made, by both parties, I guess. And I never doubt the power of forgiveness, so who knows? I do know that Rob didn't destroy KK's chances of returning the last time I read his statements, but he didn't open the gates either - all in the Priest tradition of keeping the lid on until everything is settled. Even if Priest would go out again without KK, I personally would more than accept and welcome Andy Sneap doing the live guitar work again, even during the anniversary tour - he's done a great job during the 'Firepower' tour and he's already a big part of the Priest family, having made the record with them and getting along with the group. The setlists that Priest has showcased lately are something to enjoy in awe. Scott and Ian form the backbone, Rob is the voice and the ceremonial master at the helm and Richie and Andy bring the riffs and leads - it's all Priest for me, same songs, same power, just a different lineup without the two chief guitarists (the other stepped down, not wanting to continue - the other had to step down, even while wanting to continue).

              I trust God's will and I delight for the privilege that I can pray and hope for all blessings towards these dear people and that we could see them again.
              I would be nice if KK joined the fold again, and they put out a final album. Would Glen be able to at least do a studio album with them, considering his Parkinson's?
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

              Comment


              • I'm not a die hard fan or anything but it's hard to take it as Judas Priest without the famed twin guitar attack of Tipton and Downing...that and Halford's iconic vocals are the main selling points of the band.
                Nothing against the new guys, and I'm sure they still kick ass.

                Comment


                • Former JUDAS PRIEST Members K.K. DOWNING, LES BINKS And TIM 'RIPPER' OWENS To Perform Band's Classic Songs At One-Off Concert

                  Former JUDAS PRIEST members K.K. Downing (guitar), Les Binks (drums) and Tim "Ripper" Owens (vocals) will join forces to perform "a full-length set of PRIEST classics" with MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson on November 3 in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.

                  The one-off show at K.K.'s Steel Mill will feature a full band set from Ellefson's "Sleeping Giants" band, followed by the PRIEST set with Downing, Binks and Owens. Former IRON MAIDEN vocalist Blaze Bayley will be the evening's opening support act. Additionally, the Steel Mill will also host a special pre-show VIP event whereby attendees will be treated to a "More Life With Deth" book-signing event and one-on-one question-and-answer session with Ellefson, Downing and Ellefson's "More Life With Deth" co-author Thom Hazaert, moderated by Mark Eglinton, who co-authored Downing's recent memoir "Heavy Duty Days And Nights In Judas Priest".

                  Says Downing: "I am very pleased to have been asked to perform a unique and special concert with MEGADETH's David Ellefson to celebrate the release of his new book, 'More Life With Deth'. The concert will also bring about the opportunity to play again with some very dear and talented metal legends from the past. The combination of these icons will for sure enable us to deliver up one of the most exciting concerts this year, so much so that it would not be out of place to call this the ultimate ass-kicking 'MegaPriest' fest, and is one that is not to be missed."

                  Adds Ellefson: "I speak very candidly in my new book 'More Life with Deth' about the significance JUDAS PRIEST played in my early musical trajectory, specifically the 'Unleashed In The East' live album with its picture-perfect image of what heavy metal should look and sound like. To me, that album, along with its powerful cover image, captured the excitement I felt for a new era of music, one that would transition me from my roots in American hard rock over to that of British heavy metal.

                  "Over the years, K.K. and I became fast friends while we toured together with PRIEST and MEGADETH, and I'm beyond thrilled to perform together onstage with him and his former PRIEST bandmates, as we light up the Steel Mill together for a night of molten metal classics!"

                  He continues: "Thom and I have been touring all summer across the USA supporting the new book and our 'Sleeping Giants' release. Plus Ripper and I have shared stages all around the world in the last decade or so, and now to add Les Binks in the mix, who to my generation was the ultimate metal double-bass drummer, this has become the ultimate 'metal' family reunion!"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by thewizard View Post
                    Former JUDAS PRIEST Members K.K. DOWNING, LES BINKS And TIM 'RIPPER' OWENS To Perform Band's Classic Songs At One-Off Concert

                    Former JUDAS PRIEST members K.K. Downing (guitar), Les Binks (drums) and Tim "Ripper" Owens (vocals) will join forces to perform "a full-length set of PRIEST classics" with MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson on November 3 in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.

                    The one-off show at K.K.'s Steel Mill will feature a full band set from Ellefson's "Sleeping Giants" band, followed by the PRIEST set with Downing, Binks and Owens. Former IRON MAIDEN vocalist Blaze Bayley will be the evening's opening support act. Additionally, the Steel Mill will also host a special pre-show VIP event whereby attendees will be treated to a "More Life With Deth" book-signing event and one-on-one question-and-answer session with Ellefson, Downing and Ellefson's "More Life With Deth" co-author Thom Hazaert, moderated by Mark Eglinton, who co-authored Downing's recent memoir "Heavy Duty Days And Nights In Judas Priest".

                    Says Downing: "I am very pleased to have been asked to perform a unique and special concert with MEGADETH's David Ellefson to celebrate the release of his new book, 'More Life With Deth'. The concert will also bring about the opportunity to play again with some very dear and talented metal legends from the past. The combination of these icons will for sure enable us to deliver up one of the most exciting concerts this year, so much so that it would not be out of place to call this the ultimate ass-kicking 'MegaPriest' fest, and is one that is not to be missed."

                    Adds Ellefson: "I speak very candidly in my new book 'More Life with Deth' about the significance JUDAS PRIEST played in my early musical trajectory, specifically the 'Unleashed In The East' live album with its picture-perfect image of what heavy metal should look and sound like. To me, that album, along with its powerful cover image, captured the excitement I felt for a new era of music, one that would transition me from my roots in American hard rock over to that of British heavy metal.

                    "Over the years, K.K. and I became fast friends while we toured together with PRIEST and MEGADETH, and I'm beyond thrilled to perform together onstage with him and his former PRIEST bandmates, as we light up the Steel Mill together for a night of molten metal classics!"

                    He continues: "Thom and I have been touring all summer across the USA supporting the new book and our 'Sleeping Giants' release. Plus Ripper and I have shared stages all around the world in the last decade or so, and now to add Les Binks in the mix, who to my generation was the ultimate metal double-bass drummer, this has become the ultimate 'metal' family reunion!"
                    Sounds very cool, I'm sure KK was delighted to be asked to play, the Les Binks Priest albums were the best drumming, in my opinion.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                      Sounds very cool, the Les Binks Priest albums were the best drumming, in my opinion.
                      Surely those albums have the greatest technical drumming prowess, but Les' skills were unnecessarily high for the 80's albums. Les would have been too much of a drummer for that material which required more like a skin beater than a percussionist extraordinaire.
                      "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                        Surely those albums have the greatest technical drumming prowess, but Les' skills were unnecessarily high for the 80's albums. Les would have been too much of a drummer for that material which required more like a skin beater than a percussionist extraordinaire.
                        His drumming stood out to me, love when drumming is excellent, like I love Bill's drumming on the Sabbath albums.
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                        Comment


                        • Anyone else really love the epic "Lochness" from the Angel of Retribution album? Some very Sabbath riffing going on in that one.

                          Comment


                          • Very pretentious list of Worst Judas Priest Songs here:

                            https://www.loudersound.com/features...gs-of-all-time

                            Both Prisoner Of Your Eyes and Lochness are amongst my all time favourite Priest tracks.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Towelie View Post
                              Very pretentious list of Worst Judas Priest Songs here:

                              https://www.loudersound.com/features...gs-of-all-time

                              Both Prisoner Of Your Eyes and Lochness are amongst my all time favourite Priest tracks.
                              There is no such thing as bad or worst Judas Priest song in their catalogue. I love them all in different ways and levels.

                              Devil Digger - one of the most badass songs on that album and in that whole year!

                              Rocka Rolla - I love the whole debut album dearly!

                              Epitaph - Sad Wings... is complete masterpiece! The only dumb thing would be to detach any songs from it...

                              Rock Hard Ride Free - this song is my #1 favourite from that album, a killer song which always hits the hammer down!

                              War - you will have to listen more, this album is a whole entirety, not to be dissected. Yeah, I know it's a huge block of metal to be processed, but you just have to blow more air to your metal furnace...

                              Lochness - the grand epic from that great comeback album and one of Priest's finest hours. How I wish I could hear this live...

                              Rock You All Around The World - Turbo is a real special album, it defies everything you'd expect from Priest but it's one of the greatest albums from that magical year 1986 and contains nothing but all night fun! I just bought this album as a lavish 2LP...

                              Prisoner Of Your Eyes - a sweet jewel where Rob showcases some nice singing, I would never deny this song!

                              Johnny B. Goode - this is a timeless classic and Priest made one hell of a version of it!

                              Red, White and Blue - I'm never a fan of this colour line, but I like this song very much as part of the re-issues.
                              "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                                Rocka Rolla - I love the whole debut album dearly!

                                Epitaph - Sad Wings... is complete masterpiece! The only dumb thing would be to detach any songs from it...
                                I think JP's debut album is quite underrated. It's my 2nd favourite in their catalogue, after SWOD. I agree with your comment about Epitaph.

                                Ted

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X