Judas Priest Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
    The only Priest I still moderately like are Sad Wings of Destiny, Stained Class, Screaming for Vengeance, and maybe even Sin After Sin.
    It seems you only like them if they begin with the letter 'S.'
    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      I need to get all of Priests albums on CD, too bad they don't have a complete recordings CD Box set.
      http://www.amazon.com/Judas-Priest-C...priest+box+set

A great deal!!! I'd get it myself if I didn't already have them all except for the newly remastered songs from the first two albums. I'd like to see those get an individual release considering I have all of the other cds and they have been repackaging them over and over again for years now.
      Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

I know I am posting in a rather old thread, but I am surpised nobody mentioned the horribleness of the 2001 remasters yet. It is absolutely recommended to get pre 2001 versions of their classic first 12 albums and 2 live albums. The 2001 remasters are the worst remasters I've ever heard... Do yourself a favor and listen to an old CD, you'll never go back to the remasters.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNoseMan View Post
          I know I am posting in a rather old thread, but I am surpised nobody mentioned the horribleness of the 2001 remasters yet. It is absolutely recommended to get pre 2001 versions of their classic first 12 albums and 2 live albums. The 2001 remasters are the worst remasters I've ever heard... Do yourself a favor and listen to an old CD, you'll never go back to the remasters.
          That's a well known issue in the Priest community yet they keep on repackaging those shitty remasters over and over again...Priest has two of the shittiest scumsuckers in the business "managing" them and it has hurt their career tremendously.

Comment

My favotire Priest albums are Jugulator and Painkiller.

Painkiller is so dark and heavy and Priest sounds amazing doing music like this.

Jugulator i also love. It actually sounds very much like the logical progression from Painkiller.

Comment

In my formative years I got a Castle records Sabbath/Priest compilation album (for the Sabbath tracks) and discovered "The Priest"- they were all songs from the first two albums...sold!

I'm only a casual fan I suppose, but I LOVE the 70's albums.

Comment

Priest were the first band I ever saw, well Accept were first really as they were the support in '81, but I loved Priest from the day I bought the Take On The World 7" back in '79 - my first record.

Seen them many times through good and bad and have become ever more disillusioned in recent times. The terrible remasters with rubbish extra tracks and butchered artwork, KK Downing leaving and 300 people turning up for the Epitaph tour in Glasgow are my most recent experiences.

But the memories are good, live at the Glasgow Apollo in '81 and '83, and the return to form on the Ram it Down and Painkiller tours after the patchy Turbo album.

I was even wearing a Screaming for Vengeance shirt today - my favourite Priest album.

Comment

If I had to pick my favorite Priest album ( which is nearly impossible) I would probably choose Screaming For Vengeance.

My favorite song is You´ve got anther thing coming.

I saw the Epitaph video at a theater near me. There were 12, yes, twelve people there. It was sad :(

But I will always have their great music and my memories of seeing them 3 times live. GREAT times !

Comment

British Steel was the first Judas Priest album I bought in early 83, and is still my favourite Priest album and in my top 5 all time albums by any band, If you look up Heavy Metal in the dictionary they should have a reference to that album, it's Metal at its purest!!

I then quickly worked backwards and picked up all their previous releases inc Screaming For Vengeance which was their latest album at the time and is also another fave of mine and imo still the best album they've put out in the last 33 years(since British Steel)

I've pretty much enjoyed every album they've done, some a lot more than others but for me the 70's period is the best overall. Along with Sabbath and Maiden, Sad Wings Of Destiny through to British Steel are the best five releases in a row by any band... Period!!

Rob Halford is my all time favourite singer, along with Dio they're the only singers that can literally make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when singing live, and still at his age leaves all others in metal for dead. Love his Halford and Fight releases as well.

PTC I'm truly envious that you got to see them in the 80's particularly with Accept (another fave of mine) It truly sucked growing up a metalhead in Australia in the 80's, we were lucky to get 2 bands a year tour here and sadly Judas Priest only toured here for the first time (with Rob) in 08 on the Nostradamus tour of all tours, which sadly bombed attendance wise, so I doubt they'll ever return here, but better late than never I suppose, and I did get to see them with Ripper in 2001, and and I saw Fight in 94.
                    Last edited by Jack the Stripper; 02-01-2014, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Nostradamus is pretty lousy. I'd love if they had continued in the direction of Painkiller. Brutal, fast, heavy, and dark JP is the best JP.

What do you guys think their upcoming album will sound like? More like Painkiller or pre-Painkiller?

Comment

I have all the Priest albums up till Painkiller, and the Metalogy book set and of course the anniversary edition with the VHS and Cassettes.
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Guess how much this box set of every single priest album is?

44quid!! About 70 dollars.
                          Pretty dam good value that!
                          May be tempted soon.
                          Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

^^ I have that - bought it last year when it came out - you should definitely pick it up Spiral - 80 percent is high quality heavy metal guaranteed to kick your ass into listening euphoria!!

Last edited by Thelemech; 02-13-2014, 09:00 PM.
                            Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                              ^^ I have that - bought it last year when it came out - you should definitely pick it up Spiral - 80 percent is high quality heavy metal guaranteed to kick your has into listening euphoria!!

Yeah it's pretty darn good value for money that!,
                              Heard sad wings, stained glass and painkiller in the past and they were good!
                              Also those original album series sets are really good value too,
                              Don't laugh but getting B-52's one.
                              They're different and unique and not heard much stuff by them but the singles are cool.
                              Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                                Yeah it's pretty darn good value for money that!,
                                Heard sad wings, stained glass and painkiller in the past and they were good!
                                Also those original album series sets are really good value too,
                                Don't laugh but getting B-52's one.
                                They're different and unique and not heard much stuff by them but the singles are cool.
                                I Love Priest and I Love the B-52's as well. Get them both!!! Funny that you mention them both in a thread considering they have nothing in common at all except...uhh...
                                Oh well.
                                Never mind.............Har!!x3

Comment

Working...
                                X