Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Judas Priest Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judas Priest Discussion

OK so I figured I'd start this thread here, lets all talk about the Priest! I am trying to complete my discography for them at the moment, currently I own http://www.amazon.com/Judas-Priest-C...ums+collection and it has all the Halford era stuff, including live releases. I just picked up Jugulator and Demolition as well as Live Meltdown and Live in London. Also picked up Epitaph on blu ray, Electric Eye DVD, Live Vengeance 82 DVD, and the Rising in the East DVD. Anything that I am really missing?
    Iommi = Sabbath

Sounds to me like you got everything - only thing would be the DVD Live in London for the Ripper Years live on DVD.

One other thing is the 30th anniversary editions of Screaming & British Steel have bonus DVD's - Screaming has the Us Festival & British Steel has the DVD of the band performing British Steel in it's entirety from 2009 - both these are different from the DVD's you mentioned above & are pretty cool - not sure if the collection you hae has the normal editions or these 30th anniversary editions
    Last edited by kamikazetom; 07-10-2013, 08:32 PM.
    At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

Just the normal ones, is it worth the upgrade for the DVDs alone?
      Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
        Just the normal ones, is it worth the upgrade for the DVDs alone?
        Yes, but for the British Steel one, make sure to get the Deluxe with both the cd and dvd of the show. Some only have the dvd. I'm working on getting all the stuff too, only missing a few live albums and dvds and the two Ripper albums and Angel of Retribution. Haven't gotten Epitaph yet, but looking forward to it.
        Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Led Rush View Post
          Yes, but for the British Steel one, make sure to get the Deluxe with both the cd and dvd of the show. Some only have the dvd. I'm working on getting all the stuff too, only missing a few live albums and dvds and the two Ripper albums and Angel of Retribution. Haven't gotten Epitaph yet, but looking forward to it.
          So it's 3 discs total?
          Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

I think they are both worth it since it's $13.98 on amazon for the CD + DVD version of British Steel & 14.88 for Screaming - there was a 3 disc version with the second CD being the soundtrack to the DVD - this was a UK import (the 2 disc version is the one released in the US) & not sure how easy it is to find anymore
            At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

Just thought Iīd pop in here, since I am a Judas Priest Fanatic

I personally LOVE the 30th Anniversary BS DVD. It is just fucking amazing from start to finish. I get goose bumps every time I watch it.

I was disappointed with Epitaph. That was the first concert DVD that let me down. I didnīt buy the DVD; I went to see it at a theater.

Comment

I decided to order the Anniversary editions mainly for the DVDs as that Screaming For Vengeance DVD looks awesome.
                Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

I only like Hell Bent, Screaming, & Defenders... Thats when the band was coolest.. they've really bummed me out ever since Painkiller
                  The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Originally posted by devstorm View Post
                    I only like Hell Bent, Screaming, & Defenders... Thats when the band was coolest.. they've really bummed me out ever since Painkiller
                    I could see being bummed out by Jugulator and Demolition (OK albums) but Angel of Retribution is awesome and Nostradamus just needs repeated listens.
                    Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

When AOR came out I actually cried tears of joy listening to it. I never thought Rob would rejoin Priest. I found out by chance on a computer forum that Rob was back.

I pre ordered the CD and I thought it was (and is) awesome!

When I first heard Nostradamus I wasnīt all that impressed. After a few listens I absolutely love the album. I have listened to it countless times. You MUST listen to the whole album in one sitting to fully appreciate it. Dawn of Creation is an awesome show opener live.

I know I used the word "awesome" too much, but weīre talking about Priest here

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                        I could see being bummed out by Jugulator and Demolition (OK albums) but Angel of Retribution is awesome and Nostradamus just needs repeated listens.
                        Ripper Owens just doesnt do it for me in any band he participates in, whether it be Malmsteen, Charred Walls, or otherwise. Ive given every album attention and felt everything since Turbo has been lackluster (especially Painkiller.. which just boggles my mind why its so widely embraced). Retribution & Nostradamous just irked me with each & every song. I dont like everything Rob has released, but I'm a much bigger fan of Crucible then anything Priest put out in the last 25 years.
                        But stuff Like Riding on the Wind, Screaming, Jawbreaker, Eat Me Alive, & esp The Sentinel, are probably their finest work.
                        Last edited by devstorm; 07-14-2013, 04:47 AM.
                        The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

For all its importance, influence and popularity, Judas Priest is a band that I have largely never cared about. Iron Maiden (post-Di'Anno) is another that I feel the same way about.

The only Priest I still moderately like are Sad Wings of Destiny, Stained Class, Screaming for Vengeance, and maybe even Sin After Sin.
                          "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Iīm not a big Maiden fan either. Their music isnīt bad; some of the older stuff is very good. I personally think they īre overrated.

Comment

Love sad wings of destiny!!!
                              Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Working...
                              X