Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your favorite albums released in 2013?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Foul Stench View Post
    Perhaps, but listening to it and having standards to reject it, rocks.
    To each his own, I guess. I just don't see how anyone, anywhere can't stumble across something they enjoy that's new. There's an entire planet of incredible material out there and it's easier now than ever to access with a million different avenues to acquire it. Oh well...
    ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Damn, I now realise that I haven't really listened to much of anything new in most 2013. I do have a few albums I really liked though:

Inquisition: Obscure Verses for the Multiverse
      Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: Push the Sky Away
      Shining: 8 ½ – Feberdrömmar i vaket tillstånd
      Manilla Road: Mysterium
      Deep Purple: Now What

There's a lot of interesting stuff in this thread by bands I like, but didn't even know had new albums out. Only goes to show how out of the loop I am
      Last edited by Sir Kenneth; 12-19-2013, 03:14 AM.
      http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus
        Elton himself said it was easily his most 'piano heavy' album to date. And there is no doubt, it certainly is. The album is sort of subtle, in a way. It's a very mature release, beautifully written and his compositions are some of his best in years. It's just a solid release, a very chilled out, kick back listen. I love me some metal, but my favorites are all over the board. I need to spice things up a bit to keep it interesting. If you're interested in recommendations, my favorite tracks are Oscar Wilde, Town Called Jubilee, Mexican Vacation and possibly my favorite Elton song ever now...Home Again.
        Thanks for this. I'll definitely buy the album before Christmas. I was never a big fan of EJ, but then again, I realise how I've always really enjoyed very many of his tunes, scattered across his releases across decades. I expect to enjoy Diving Board.
        "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Of the four new albums i've bothered to check out this year, only 13 is really one i can call a favorite.

David Bowie - The Next Day. I guess i had too great expectations for this one, hours... and Heathen were amongst his best, ever. But i probably didn't give it enough time, something often needed with Bowie.

Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance. Though i think it's cool they're doing more punk/thrash/speed-stuff, i do prefer the old pure BM too much for this to become a favorite, but it does fucking rock though. Fenriz' voice on Valkyrie is brutally beautiful, and The Ones You Left Behind is just pure good-time Metal

Shining - One One One. A big step down from Blackjazz, but ofcourse it's got it's moments. Like Off The Hook...

Been thinking about checking out Alice In Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here too... Sometime...
          Last edited by Billy Underdog; 12-19-2013, 04:10 AM.
          95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
          Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

That ghost fellow has been cropping up a few times now.,
            What's the music like with his band?
            I know it was produced by Dave g.
            For fans of what other bands would you say?
            Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
              That ghost fellow has been cropping up a few times now.,
              What's the music like with his band?
              I know it was produced by Dave g.
              For fans of what other bands would you say?
              Most people say they sound like Blue Oyster Cult and Merciful fate. I don't know....I guess they sound like they are trying hard to sound like they are from the 1970's. I like their imagery and their silly satan worship lyrics are kinda fun.
              Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Originally posted by Never Satisfied View Post
                Most people say they sound like Blue Oyster Cult and Merciful fate. I don't know....I guess they sound like they are trying hard to sound like they are from the 1970's. I like their imagery and their silly satan worship lyrics are kinda fun.
                Might be worth checking out, always weary of a band trying to sound like a different age!,
                I want one to invent the 2010's sound! Blow us away with something never heard before!

Comment

I am a big fan of ghost. Both of their albums Opus Eponymous and Infestissumam are very good albums. Their live shows are incredible. Dave Grohl produced their newest EP called If You Have Ghost.

Comment

I own both Ghost CDs. To me, they have a unique sound unto themselves that does not sound like an overly forced attempt to sound like they are from the 1970's. In fact, I find their second CD sounds quite unlike the first CD, such that it doesn't seem they are even attempting to sound like themselves, much less Blue Oyster Cult or anybody else.

Ghost won't be for everybody so try them out first on youtube before buying. Yet I like them and find that I play their CDs more frequently than some of my other recent purchases do.
                    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                    --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                      I own both Ghost CDs. To me, they have a unique sound unto themselves that does not sound like an overly forced attempt to sound like they are from the 1970's. In fact, I find their second CD sounds quite unlike the first CD, such that it doesn't seem they are even attempting to sound like themselves, much less Blue Oyster Cult or anybody else.

Ghost won't be for everybody so try them out first on youtube before buying. Yet I like them and find that I play their CDs more frequently than some of my other recent purchases do.
                      Listened to secular haze and genesis earlier on you tube and that was enough.

....for me to go out and buy both their albums and the ep when I have some spare dough! Fucking great, my kind of rock music
                      Love their theatrical presence too and unique kooky sound.
                      Found a good new band at last!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                        Headless Ritual - Autopsy
                        Pinnacle Of Bedlam - Suffocation
                        13 - Black Sabbath
                        The Last Spire - Cathedral
                        The Mouths Of Madness - Orchid
                        Abra Kadavar - Kadavar
                        Spiritual Genocide - Destruction
                        Hail To The King - Avenged Sevenfold