Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Any other KISS fans here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    The world is changing for the worse.
    Yep! So much hate out there these days...

Originally posted by RedZero View Post
    Man, I love VV's work and think he's music was awesome. I hope he releases something new. We need to support the old school rockers of yore. These days, new metal bands are posers. Good luck Vinnie
    Agree, Creatures & LIU features some of the best Kiss stuff they ever put out, certainly since Destroyer.

Comment

The world is changing for the worse.
      Well, you elected him yourself...
      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
        Yep! So much hate out there these days...
        I do my best not to hate Jack, immoral things I cannot accept, it's not hating.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
          Well, you elected him yourself...
          Yes I did, and proud of it, he's cleaning things up here in America, the cesspool that was left behind.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Yes I did, and proud of it, he's cleaning things up here in America, the cesspool that was left behind.
            Best President at the perfect time \m/

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
              Best President at the perfect time \m/
              Amen......

Comment

• Trump 2020!

Comment

• Gotta say I wasn’t always a KISS fan, but I have become more of a fan than I use to be, not all bad.

Comment

• KISS were the first band I ever got into. Ace Frehley is the reason I play guitar today.

KISS, Aerosmith and Nugent were THE big bands in my neighbourhood, even with most of the girls (rough neighbourhood). The rich kids on the south side of town listened mostly to disco trash.

My sister bought me the cassette of Gene Simmons' solo album for my 13th birthday. Since there were no credits I thought the other KISS guys were playing on it!

I later bought the single edit of disco trash "I Was Made For Lovin' You" b/w Ace's "Hard Times" when I was 13 (1979). I thought "Hard Times" was much better.

My parents bought me the Dynasty LP shortly after. Even my disco-loving girlfriend of the time liked the disco-ish tracks on it. I liked Ace's songs the best. His reworking of "2000 Man" is killer.

The first rock album I ever bought was Destroyer. Loved it, played it to death. I think I got my first handjob to "Beth." (No, her name wasn't "Beth.")

I grew out of them after Unmasked, mostly due to discovering other bands - BLACK SABBATH, Rush, Van Halen, AC/DC, Pat Travers and then the NWOBHM, though I bought The Elder and liked the heavier tracks on it. Still do.

I loved Creatures Of The Night and it is still one of my "Desert Island Discs." Man, the drum sound!

Most of the '80s albums were, meh, though I did see them twice on the Animalize tour, once with Queensryche opening (they were better than KISS!) and once with W.A.S.P. (who sucked shit; mostly composed of Bluey Clueless' between-song raps about how he wanted to bang all the underage girls in the audience. Yawn.). Bruce Kulick burned at both gigs and Eric Carr thundered.

I thought Revenge was a great comeback and almost approached Creatures in heaviness.

Since I hated grunge, I didn't at all like Carnival Of Souls.

I did like Ace Frehley's take on Alive! when asked about if it is really "live" or not: "Does it really matter?" I have his bio No Regrets. It's a wonder he's still alive. I also have Simmons' biography, KISS And Make Up. He really did have a hard life when he first came to America but it doesn't justify the way he treats people like shit now. He said in Rolling Stone that he doesn't have any real friends (including Paul Stanley - they hardly see each other outside of KISS business). He said "I have business associates. It's easier that way."

I feel an affinity with Peter Criss because he is a breast cancer survivor and my wife died of that horrible disease.

I think they're just a novelty/Vegas act now.

As to "essential" albums? Alive!, Destroyer, Rock And Roll Over, Love Gun, Creatures Of The Night, Revenge.

The solo albums...actually, I like all of them for different reasons. Ace's is the heaviest, Paul's has the most KISS-like material, I like Peter's just because it's so different, Gene's is probably the most diverse and everyone and their little brother is on it (Joe Perry, Rick Nielsen, Bob Seger...and Helen Reddy!).

I met Vinnie Vincent and Dana Strum in January 1987 when they came to my hometown of Goshen, Indiana to speak out in support of a woman who was being harassed by a Pentecostal fundamentalist preacher for trying to put together a little magazine ("Rock Rag Plus") featuring local rock talent. I knew the woman, Marianne Hatfield, fairly well and heard some of the frankly shocking messages the church members left on her answering machine. I went to one of the church services...with a hangover, and if you know anything about Pentecostalist services (speaking in tongues) etc., you'll deduce I had a masochistic turn of behaviour that Sunday morning. Actually, and I'm not trying to get over-religious here, as a believer myself, the way this preacher (who is dead now) and church treated Mrs Hatfield embarrassed and ashamed me.

http://www.spanglefish.com/RockAndRo...p?pageid=98078

If somehow there are any TV clips of when that happened, I am in them here and there and was interviewed briefly. Vinnie and Dana were really cool and autographed a pink-vinyl promotional single for me. I still have it. The VVI song "Let Freedom Rock" is about that incident.

I saw Frehley's Comet on their first tour in LaPorte, Indiana, with White Lion (the biggest Van Halen clone I have ever seen) opening. As you can imagine, Ace was a lot of fun onstage and delivered an entertaining show.

KISS now? To me they really don't exist. The last album I heard anything off of was Psycho Circus​, which was mostly session players anyway.
                    Last edited by DiosSword; 04-01-2018, 07:48 PM. Reason: typo
                    He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

• Originally posted by devstorm View Post
                      But Flaming Youth (especially Aces solo) is a definite high point
                      Except that Ace didn't play the solo. Dick Wagner, from Alice Cooper's band, did. Ezrin said Ace just didn't bother to show up because he was in a card game and since he knew the Cooper band guys so well from working with them, he called Dick Wagner. However, Ace did co-write the song.

Ezrin was never shy about bringing in outside players. Eric Carr doesn't play drums on "I" from The Elder. Allan Schwartzberg, who played on Gene's solo album, does.
                      He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

• Originally posted by DiosSword View Post
                        KISS were the first band I ever got into. Ace Frehley is the reason I play guitar today.

KISS, Aerosmith and Nugent were THE big bands in my neighbourhood, even with most of the girls (rough neighbourhood). The rich kids on the south side of town listened mostly to disco trash.

My sister bought me the cassette of Gene Simmons' solo album for my 13th birthday. Since there were no credits I thought the other KISS guys were playing on it!

I later bought the single edit of disco trash "I Was Made For Lovin' You" b/w Ace's "Hard Times" when I was 13 (1979). I thought "Hard Times" was much better.

My parents bought me the Dynasty LP shortly after. Even my disco-loving girlfriend of the time liked the disco-ish tracks on it. I liked Ace's songs the best. His reworking of "2000 Man" is killer.

The first rock album I ever bought was Destroyer. Loved it, played it to death. I think I got my first handjob to "Beth." (No, her name wasn't "Beth.")

I grew out of them after Unmasked, mostly due to discovering other bands - BLACK SABBATH, Rush, Van Halen, AC/DC, Pat Travers and then the NWOBHM, though I bought The Elder and liked the heavier tracks on it. Still do.

I loved Creatures Of The Night and it is still one of my "Desert Island Discs." Man, the drum sound!

Most of the '80s albums were, meh, though I did see them twice on the Animalize tour, once with Queensryche opening (they were better than KISS!) and once with W.A.S.P. (who sucked shit; mostly composed of Bluey Clueless' between-song raps about how he wanted to bang all the underage girls in the audience. Yawn.). Bruce Kulick burned at both gigs and Eric Carr thundered.

I thought Revenge was a great comeback and almost approached Creatures in heaviness.

Since I hated grunge, I didn't at all like Carnival Of Souls.

I did like Ace Frehley's take on Alive! when asked about if it is really "live" or not: "Does it really matter?" I have his bio No Regrets. It's a wonder he's still alive. I also have Simmons' biography, KISS And Make Up. He really did have a hard life when he first came to America but it doesn't justify the way he treats people like shit now. He said in Rolling Stone that he doesn't have any real friends (including Paul Stanley - they hardly see each other outside of KISS business). He said "I have business associates. It's easier that way."

I feel an affinity with Peter Criss because he is a breast cancer survivor and my wife died of that horrible disease.

I think they're just a novelty/Vegas act now.

As to "essential" albums? Alive!, Destroyer, Rock And Roll Over, Love Gun, Creatures Of The Night, Revenge.

The solo albums...actually, I like all of them for different reasons. Ace's is the heaviest, Paul's has the most KISS-like material, I like Peter's just because it's so different, Gene's is probably the most diverse and everyone and their little brother is on it (Joe Perry, Rick Nielsen, Bob Seger...and Helen Reddy!).

I met Vinnie Vincent and Dana Strum in January 1987 when they came to my hometown of Goshen, Indiana to speak out in support of a woman who was being harassed by a Pentecostal fundamentalist preacher for trying to put together a little magazine ("Rock Rag Plus") featuring local rock talent. I knew the woman, Marianne Hatfield, fairly well and heard some of the frankly shocking messages the church members left on her answering machine. I went to one of the church services...with a hangover, and if you know anything about Pentecostalist services (speaking in tongues) etc., you'll deduce I had a masochistic turn of behaviour that Sunday morning. Actually, and I'm not trying to get over-religious here, as a believer myself, the way this preacher (who is dead now) and church treated Mrs Hatfield embarrassed and ashamed me.

http://www.spanglefish.com/RockAndRo...p?pageid=98078

If somehow there are any TV clips of when that happened, I am in them here and there and was interviewed briefly. Vinnie and Dana were really cool and autographed a pink-vinyl promotional single for me. I still have it. The VVI song "Let Freedom Rock" is about that incident.

I saw Frehley's Comet on their first tour in LaPorte, Indiana, with White Lion (the biggest Van Halen clone I have ever seen) opening. As you can imagine, Ace was a lot of fun onstage and delivered an entertaining show.

KISS now? To me they really don't exist. The last album I heard anything off of was Psycho Circus​, which was mostly session players anyway.
                        Great post!

Comment

• For any Kiss fans here in New Jersey or New York, Paul Stanley will be at the Short Hills mall at the art gallery they have there, you can even have dinner with him.

Comment

Working...
                          X