Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Helloween Top 5 Albums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helloween Top 5 Albums

I just started writing a new article at About.com Heavy Metal where I will be choosing a different metal band once a month and discussing what I believe is their five best records. The first month is on power metal legends Helloween. Please check out the article and I would love to see what your picks are and what you think of mine.

http://heavymetal.about.com/od/bestm...een-Albums.htm

Thanks.

Drago
    Religion won't save me
    The damage is done
    The future has ended
    Before it's begun
    - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

No Walls Of Jericho is your top 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
      No Walls Of Jericho is your top 5?
      It didn't make it for me. I don't think Kai's vocals were quite up to par yet. I think the Keeper records were a huge improvement especially with Kiske on board.
      Religion won't save me
      The damage is done
      The future has ended
      Before it's begun

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
        It didn't make it for me. I don't think Kai's vocals were quite up to par yet. I think the Keeper records were a huge improvement especially with Kiske on board.
        Fair enough, I got into them when WOJ came out so I sort of favor that album the most, I liked the Keeper albums but kind of wish they had of stuck with the early sound of their debut ep and WOJ a bit longer. I lost interest after Kai left and the abysmal Pink Bubbles Go Ape came out so I cant comment on their subsequent releases but I did go and see them about 3-4 years ago and have to say it was one of the best gigs I've been to in the last 10 or 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
          Fair enough, I got into them when WOJ came out so I sort of favor that album the most, I liked the Keeper albums but kind of wish they had of stuck with the early sound of their debut ep and WOJ a bit longer. I lost interest after Kai left and the abysmal Pink Bubbles Go Ape came out so I cant comment on their subsequent releases but I did go and see them about 3-4 years ago and have to say it was one of the best gigs I've been to in the last 10 or 15 years.
          I also got into them with WOJ, which is very cool. The Keeper albums are so incredible for me and are clearly the most influential albums in the power metal genre. I am a huge fan of the Deris era, if you aren't familiar with them you should check them out. On my article I pick recommended tracks from each record I selected and they are all great tunes. Listen to Bells of the Seven Hells and Before the War, they are classics. I saw the Kiske lineup live back in the day right after Kai left the band when Part II came out but I haven't seen them live since. I need to see them live again. Are you a Gamma Ray fan?
          Religion won't save me
          The damage is done
          The future has ended
          Before it's begun

Comment

1. Walls Of Jericho
            2. Keeper 1
            3. First
            4. Keeper 2
            5. Chameleon
            6. The Dark Ride

Comment

Helloween is one of the few pure Power Metal bands I thoroughly enjoy. Although I like the Kiske era albums more, I prefer Deris' voice.

1) Keeper 1
              2) Walls Of Jericho
              3) Keeper 2
              4) Master Of The Rings
              5) The Dark Ride

On a sidenote, 7 Sinners was a kick-ass album. Probably the heaviest they've ever done.
              "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
              "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
              "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

1. Keeper 2
                2. Keeper 1
                3. Walls of Jericho
                4. The Time of the Oath
                5. Master of the Rings

The last truly good one was Better Than Raw. Everything after The Dark Ride has been pretty terrible, IMO.
                Last edited by Korps; 02-12-2014, 03:22 PM.
                https://soundcloud.com/deadloss-2

Comment

The Dark Ride, Step Out of Hell, 7 Sinners, Better Than Raw, Master of The Rings. I'd like to include The Legacy, but if could only pick 5 ;

Comment

Only familiar with 3 of their albums - the 2 keeper albums and Walls Of Jericho.
                    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Working...
                    X