Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Best 70's rush album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 70's rush album

Me again lol,
    What's your guys fav 70's rush album?
    2112 gets my vote
    Rush
    13.04%
    Fly by night
    0.00%
    Caress of steel
    17.39%
    30.43%
    A farewell to kings
    13.04%
    Hemispheres
    26.09%
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

2112 is my fav as well. Then Caress Of Steel.
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
      2112 is my fav as well. Then Caress Of Steel.
      2112 for me then farewell to kings
      You rock thelemech dude!

Comment

2112...what an awesome recording.
        gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

Originally posted by Vynlsol View Post
          2112...what an awesome recording.
          Awesome bud
          You enjoy latter 80's rush?

Edit - I'm a rocket ship on it's way to Mars,
          200 degrease that's why they call me mr far eh height!
          Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 03-23-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I did go with 2112 in the end, but that was after a few minutes consideration where only the first 2 didn't really get a look in. I like tracks off both of those early albums but overall they don't compare to the later ones.
            My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Not a huge Rush fan to be honest, but 2112 is a great album....the title track is a monster.

Comment

Back in the day I loved 2112 best until the day I heard Cygnus X1. Then I loved A Farwell To Kings until I heard Hemispheres. Its just a collosal piece of work. I still enjoy 90% of what these guys did in the 70's but Hemispheres was just a massive accomplishment in playing, and writing..plus it has the most notes played of any Rush album. That's what I call bang for the buck
                The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Originally posted by devstorm View Post
                  Back in the day I loved 2112 best until the day I heard Cygnus X1. Then I loved A Farwell To Kings until I heard Hemispheres. Its just a collosal piece of work. I still enjoy 90% of what these guys did in the 70's but Hemispheres was just a massive accomplishment in playing, and writing..plus it has the most notes played of any Rush album. That's what I call bang for the buck
                  Yeah mate,
                  3 amazing albums that trio.

Comment

Ah, this poll brings back memories. As a long-time Rush fan, I owned all of these 70's Rush albums in the 70's (and, of course, still have the original vinyl).

So, I love them all, but for me Hemispheres stands above the rest.
                    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                    --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Caress of Steel for me, it was made in a transitional period where they were almost exactly on the spot where I want them. "I think I'm Going Bald" is unfortunately just plain terrible to my ears, but apart from that they have developed a poetic, mystical and daring sound while still clinging to a barren dry mix. On 2112 we see (or rather hear) the entering of the SUPER LARGE guitar chords with chorus and reverb made to fill huge arenas. It's not bad at all, I just think they overdo that part of their sound quite a lot, thankfully the songwriting and performance is still on an incredibly high level.
                      "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                      -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                      - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
                      http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

I'm not very surprised to see my vote - 2112 - currently leading the pack.

I may be nitpicking here, but Permanent Waves was recorded in late 1979 (released in 1980) so one could make at least a semi-valid argument for that album being included as well.

And in the more extreme nitpicking category, 1980 is technically a '1970's year' (for the same reason that Jan.1 2001 was the 1st year of the 21st century, not Jan.1 2000). Moving Pictures was recorded in late 1980 so - strange as it may seem - you could include that album too (it was released in 1981).

Ted

Comment

I love everything Rush, but my favorite album of all time is Caress of Steel, the whole record is just brilliant.
                          Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Comment

I went the debut album for one and only one reason: "Working Man"
                            "Dumb Ass" Red Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

I voted for the first album because it's just a straight-ahead, no-nonsense, rock and roll album! Something they would NEVER do again, rightly or wrongly, for better or worse.

Having said that, I can certainly understand why a fan ( specifically a first generation fan ) would pick '2112' as being THE RUSH ALBUM of that decade. Without question that album is TRULY when Rush became RUSH! The accolades this album receives are WELL DESERVED! A timeless classic! Great thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X