Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Musically superior poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musically superior poll

Not a musician but even though I'm not a massive fan when I hear dragonforce, my jaw does hit the floor at times,

I vote queen lol

Edit - I meant to put dragonforce on the poll.
    Rush
    57.14%
    Cannibal corpse
    7.14%
    Dream theater
    0.00%
    Blind guardian
    0.00%
    Radiohead
    0.00%
    Gorguts
    0.00%
    Queen
    7.14%
    The Beatles
    14.29%
    Van halen
    14.29%
    Runrig
    0.00%
    Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 04-13-2014, 05:12 PM.
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Cannibal Corpse, just 'cuz.
    gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

Originally posted by Vynlsol View Post
      Cannibal Corpse, just 'cuz.
      They may actually be the best musically, technically out the list.
      Not sure if they could compete with dragonforce though,
      Included radiohead cause they can turn their hand to a wide range of genres.
      Should be interesting.
      Hope Beatles lose for once
      Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

I have always found the forums a bit odd when it comes to evaluating talent , i guess to some it is very subjective to taste , and maybe that is a fare scenirio , who knows... and maybe we all see talent as a different kind of animal.... but for me it's pretty black and white , and as for this list it is a landslide in favor of RUSH , for practically every reason i could possibly dream up...

In fact , the beatles are the only other artist i feel should even be on that list , strictly for being a song writing harmonizing machine... queen maybe , probably not tho...

How Sabbath doesn't make that list is beyond my understanding , have been writing the most amazing music since 68 , with the best musician alive today Iommi creating magic...

Patty Barber quartet run circles around most of these acts found on that list....

Yes is one of the most talented acts ever assembled...

Maiden is a force NO ACT can compete with live , there like an undefeated sporting event with no peers...

I can think of at least 3 classical artist that are a complete tour de force....

Vince Guaraldi has put together pieces of music that defy the imagination...

.... no sabbath , really??? how does that even happen , love ya Spiral!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
          They may actually be the best musically, technically out the list.
          Not sure if they could compete with dragonforce though,
          In the interest of full disclosure, I own one Cannibal Corpse record. I got it as part of about 500 records I picked up from a radio station in Rockville, MD 20 years ago (WROC, I think were the call letters).

I can't remember what the title is, and I'm too lazy to go downstairs and find it at the moment.

Oh yeah, I've never actually listened to it, and if I have ever heard any music from Cannibal Corpse I didn't know it.

But the name of the band has always stuck with me, so I went ahead and voted for them...just 'cuz
          gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

I dont understand how you can rate any artist musically superior to another. Unless one or the other don't know all the notes, or cant play each and every one on their respective instruments. I mean in some cases like Queen, or The Beatles, members could play a variety of instruments. So are they superior to Garguts? Then again, has anyone heard Paul McCartney or John Lennon play death metal? Also does musical superiority cover playing, or writing or both? And how does Yngwie fit into all this? And who should Gene Simmons sue, to get on the list? And who in the fucking hell is Runrig? Ive got too many questions to vote.
            The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Originally posted by devstorm View Post
              I dont understand how you can rate any artist musically superior to another. Unless one or the other don't know all the notes, or cant play each and every one on their respective instruments. I mean in some cases like Queen, or The Beatles, members could play a variety of instruments. So are they superior to Garguts? Then again, has anyone heard Paul McCartney or John Lennon play death metal? Also does musical superiority cover playing, or writing or both? And how does Yngwie fit into all this? And who should Gene Simmons sue, to get on the list? And who in the fucking hell is Runrig? Ive got too many questions to vote.
              Exactly! And then you have guys like Jimmy Page who was an incredible player, composer, engineer, and producer, and isn't on the list. Spiral, you dolt, this poll sucks. Stop with the retarded polls already.
              Last edited by Now in Darkness; 04-13-2014, 10:02 PM.
              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                Exactly! And then you have guys like Jimmy Page who was an incredible player, composer, engineer, and producer, and isn't on the list. Spiral, you dolt, this poll sucks. Stop with the retarded polls already.
                Whatever, the poll he made asking about the state of the foreskin of our cocks is truly a memorable moment of drunken homoerotic brilliance. ohhh Har!!x1.........
                Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

I'm not sure WTF this list is suppose to represent but The Beatles out write and sing/perform song wise, anything else on here by light years... there's better technical musicians... but the list makes no sense not sure what it's suppose to represent...???
                  "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                  R. Blackmore

Comment

No Black Sabbath?
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

As many others on here, I am confused as to whether this poll refers to technical ability, songwriting skill or overall "talent". I'm going to interpret it as which band makes me think "how the f*ck did they write that (not to mention learn to play it), it's so complicated it's not even funny anymore", in that case I'd go for Gentle Giant. Off the list I guess the choice would be Rush or Dream Theater, but since I don't listen to DT at all I'll go for Rush. They rely quite a lot on simple formulas but when they feel like it they can play some crazy stuff
                      "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                      -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                      - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
                      http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

Working...
                      X