Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

70's Judas Priest vs 80's Judas Priest.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Jugulator is an excellent metal release. Demolition deserves the crticism is gets.

    Comment


    • #47
      70s Priest is artistically perfect. 80s Priest is decent party metal.
      Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

      Comment


      • #48
        ^^^ You do not think that Screaming For Vengeance and Defenders of The Faith are party metal ?? Do you???
        Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

        Comment


        • #49
          They surely aren't artistically adventurous efforts like Sad Wings (which is possibly one of the most innovative, highest-quality metal albums of all time) or Stained Class.

          So they may not be party metal, but in comparison they are. I use em as such anyways. :v
          Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
            They surely aren't artistically adventurous efforts like Sad Wings (which is possibly one of the most innovative, highest-quality metal albums of all time) or Stained Class.
            - While I agree that Sad Wings is adventurous, I would not give Stained Class the same eminence.
            - Stained Class is a good album but it was not as adventurous as Sad Wings, Sin After Sin or Killing Machine. Stained Class is more consistent and streamlined than those, which makes for a better AOR experience, but Killing Machine is criminally underrated.
            - There are some duds sure, but the eclecticism and added layers of funk to the tracks made the LP superior to Stained Class. The only 70's era Priest album I am unable to listen to all the way through is Stained Class. I've only ever found WHRH, BBYBTM and Savage to be good songs.
            - Killing Machine is the best studio album by Priest in the 70's as far as production goes, I find it better than most of their 80's output. I would've liked to see James Guthrie continue to work with Priest.
            Last edited by Ashley Dalby; 02-24-2015, 12:56 PM.

            Comment


            • #51
              I hate to learn this kind of information :
              Jonathan Valen , the true drummer of Judas Priest hidden by a curtain during the '86 Fuel for Life tour , while Dave Holland miming below him.
              He wasn't just a drum technician , as the band wanted us to believe .

              http://www.jonathanvalen.com/judas.html

              Comment


              • #52
                I am looking for a recommendation here.. I own 7 JP albums British steel, redeemer of souls, defenders of the faith, painkiller, Nostradamus, unleashed in the east and screaming for vengeance. Which should be my next purchase? Help me Judas Priest fans!

                Comment


                • #53
                  They are all great albums...its hard to decide.
                  You tried to suppress me
                  But nothing holds me down
                  Just when you think you're happy
                  I come around

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by jstheconqueror View Post
                    I am looking for a recommendation here.. I own 7 JP albums British steel, redeemer of souls, defenders of the faith, painkiller, Nostradamus, unleashed in the east and screaming for vengeance. Which should be my next purchase? Help me Judas Priest fans!
                    Sad Wings of Destiny.
                    gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Hell Bent For Leather - their best in my opinion. Then Point Of Entry might be a nice second choice, but give it a chance - it is not as catchy as some of their other albums, but it is a grower and has some fun tunes on it.
                      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by jstheconqueror View Post
                        I am looking for a recommendation here.. I own 7 JP albums British steel, redeemer of souls, defenders of the faith, painkiller, Nostradamus, unleashed in the east and screaming for vengeance. Which should be my next purchase? Help me Judas Priest fans!
                        Sin After Sin is my favorite, for what it's worth.
                        You bought and sold me with your lying words.
                        Phil, your head's all full of lice!

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Think I am just going to save up and buy the studio collection for like 60 bucks. I think owning all the rest of their albums is important but buying them all separately will probably cost quite a bit of money. Thanks for the suggestions though everyone!

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by jstheconqueror View Post
                            Think I am just going to save up and buy the studio collection for like 60 bucks. I think owning all the rest of their albums is important but buying them all separately will probably cost quite a bit of money. Thanks for the suggestions though everyone!
                            Stained Class, it is their best album in my opinion.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Get them all, you won´t regret it!

                              Maybe you should try buying used CDs. You should be able to find them very cheap.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Judas Priest Fanatic View Post
                                Get them all, you won´t regret it!

                                Maybe you should try buying used CDs. You should be able to find them very cheap.
                                yeah I found 5 of those cd's in a compilation package awhile back for only ten dollars. Even though I have 7 JP albums I think it is a good idea for me to get that box set especially because my local record store doesn't have much of a used JP selection. I live right next store to it and I check very frequently!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X