X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 70's Judas Priest album and best 80's Judas Priest album

70's: Stained Class

80's: Defenders of the Faith

I'm sure we've discussed/debated this on here before, even recently? Anyhow we'll go again, I never get tired of talking about Priest..

70's: Sad Wings Of Destiny

80's: British Steel

Hard splitting BS and SFV for me, but I always pick British Steel as it was the first JP album I got in early 83 and the reason I fell in love with their music, so kinda holds extra significance to me even though I love Screaming For Vengeance just as much.

Comment

Sad Wings Of Destiny

British Steel

I've actually been on a huge Priest bender recently- the 70's shit is so bloody good ( though quite hamfisted at times)...personally I don't think any album they did is as good as Sad Wings Of Destiny.

edit: I find British Steel to be way better than SFV

Comment

70's : Stained Class . a brilliant album , the first with the great drummer Les Binks . Sin after Sin has a close second place with one of the very first double bass drums parts played by Simon Phillips .Awesome job too .
        80's : Screaming for Vengeance : no weak song on it , followed by his clone Defenders of the Faith because of Love Bites and Heavy Duty/DOTF , not really necessary .

Comment

Well this isn't as easy as one might think...

70s:
          I see people have chosen Stained Class which I find odd as it's probably my least favourite, lots of filler songs on it. The whole feel of the album is bit rushed.

For me the battle is between Sad Wings Of Destiny and Sin After Sin...Both have the monster track on them (Victim Of Changes and Sinner), The fast rocker (Deciever and Dissident Aggressor) and the mid tempo ones (Genocide and Starbreaker)...All of those are without a doubt true Priest Classics...and adding The Ripper and Tyrant from Sad Wings definitely tips the scale in favour of Sad Wings Of Destiny.

Both album have their stinkers too, Dreamer Deceiver and Last Rose Of Summer and the meh ones, Epitaph, Island Of Domination on Wings and Raw Deal, Here Come The Tears on Sin After Sin...

But I do dislike Last Rose Of Summer and Here Come The Tears more so I think this surely tips the scale towards
          SAD WINGS OF DESTINY

80s
          Definitely Priest's golden era for sure (with the exception of the horrible Point Of Entry and the bit too weird Turbo) and the battle would be between British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance and Defenders Of The Faith...none of these albums really have any bad songs on them...British Steel suffers from being overplayed which is rather obvious as their biggest commercial hits are on that album. Screaming Of Vengeance suffers bit from being bit too heavy on the 80s sound (Fever is probably the most 80s sounding song I've ever heard, but it's still kind of cool), on Defenders they step bit further from the classic 80s sound and get bit heavier, which is probably why just has to be my favourite.
          So yeah
          DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH which actually might be my all time favourite Priest album.

Comment

70s - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather

80s - Screaming For Vengeance
            Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

70s: Sad Wings of Destiny. One of my all time favorite metal albums.

I don't really care about 80s Priest.

Originally posted by Charger View Post

Both album have their stinkers too, Dreamer Deceiver and Last Rose Of Summer and the meh ones, Epitaph, Island Of Domination on Wings and Raw Deal, Here Come The Tears on Sin After Sin...
              Jeez dude, almost all of those you mentioned as stinkers are favorites of mine. Dreamer Deceiver (along with Deceiver) is probably my all time favorite power ballad. Island of Domination and Raw Deal just plain rock, and Here Come the Tears starts out nicely, then explodes into a doomy monster. At first I hated Epitaph, but eventually I've come to think it makes a nice intro to Island of Domination. Last Rose of Summer we can agree on.
              Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

'Stained Class' and 'Defenders Of The Faith'

Comment

Rocka Rolla-70's

British Steel-80's

I love all the Priest albums including Turbo and Ram It Down, the above are my two picks for my favorite 70's and 80's albums.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSabbath89 View Post
                    70's: Stained Class

80's: Defenders of the Faith
                    Yeah..that will do.
                    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
                      70s: Sad Wings of Destiny. One of my all time favorite metal albums.

I don't really care about 80s Priest.
                      Ditto.

Ted

Comment

I canīt choose; I love them all!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Judas Priest Fanatic View Post
                          I canīt choose; I love them all!!!!!!!!
                          I'm not sure if I believe you man

Comment

70's: Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather

80's: British Steel
                            "Dumb Ass" Red Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Sad Wings of Destiny & Screaming for Vengeance
                              gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

Working...
                              X