No announcement yet.

Thread for thrash metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since buying a few albums I have been listening to three of them mainly -this KILLER Overkill album, Repentless and The Book Of Souls. It has been a great Fall 2015 for this Metal Head!
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Usually the only exposure to thrash I have anymore is either old Slayer (never cared for anything after, and including half of, Seasons), Vektor, Coroner, or black/thrash like Abigail, Barbatos, Gehennah.

Especially the last one. Hardrocker is a metal masterpiece.
      Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

• Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Just noticed that Overkill is playing Los Angeles tomorrow (along with Symphony X). Overkill is one of the few old-school thrash bands that are still putting out good albums, in my opinion.
            How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
            --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post

Since buying a few albums I have been listening to three of them mainly -this KILLER Overkill album, Repentless and The Book Of Souls. It has been a great Fall 2015 for this Metal Head!
              Listening to this now - Overkill are fucking KILLER, damnit it to hell if they are not the greatest thrash band that is not the big four!

Comment

• Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                Just noticed that Overkill is playing Los Angeles tomorrow (along with Symphony X). Overkill is one of the few old-school thrash bands that are still putting out good albums, in my opinion.
                The last 4 Overkill albums have been some of the best they have ever done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                  Just noticed that Overkill is playing Los Angeles tomorrow (along with Symphony X). Overkill is one of the few old-school thrash bands that are still putting out good albums, in my opinion.

Overkill and Exodus both put out good albums still. Especially Exodus. Tempo of the Damned, Shovel Headed Kill Machine, and Blood In Blood Out were fucking brutal. Especially Blood In Blood Out. It may be the best Exodus album, and members have even said they themselves. Overkill released White Devil Armory and the The Electric Age, both great albums.
                  You tried to suppress me
                  But nothing holds me down
                  Just when you think you're happy
                  I come around

Comment

I like that song, it's the only Kreator song I've ever heard. The vocalist is great. Who is he? The teutonic big four 's Kreator, Destruction, Tankkard, and Sodom, right. What is Sodom's best album? They started out as a black metal band (don't argue, they were a self proclaimed black metal band at first), but they went thrash with the album before Agent Orange. The same goes for Destruction.

Here is a list i compiled of black metal bands that get called thrash metal:

Venom
                    Hellhammer
                    Celtic Frost
                    Bathory (what the fuck?!!! Clearly a black metal band, not thrash metal at all
                    Early Destruction
                    Early Sodom
                    Early Bulldozer
                    Early Sepultura
                    And more...

Sorry for my genre geekery, I love to go into minutia with everything, especially genres of music. I spend entire hours during class writing down bands and their respective genres. I even draw family trees for metal subgenres.
                    I got caught doing this in class one time, but, fortunately for me, my teacher did not see what I was writing. In this day in age, I will end up in prison and on the news for writing down band names as society is very paranoid.
                    The last thing I need is for my teacher to see "Shotgun Justice" or "Sodom" on a paper. That kind of stuff gets people in jail now. Not Sodom, that gets me to the principals office, hiding the paper will land me in front of the honor council, and "Shotgun Justice" could mean jail.

Sorry for going on and on...
                    You tried to suppress me
                    I come around

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
                      I like that song, it's the only Kreator song I've ever heard. The vocalist is great. Who is he? The teutonic big four 's Kreator, Destruction, Tankkard, and Sodom, right. What is Sodom's best album? They started out as a black metal band (don't argue, they were a self proclaimed black metal band at first), but they went thrash with the album before Agent Orange. The same goes for Destruction.

Here is a list i compiled of black metal bands that get called thrash metal:

Venom
                      Hellhammer
                      Celtic Frost
                      Bathory (what the fuck?!!! Clearly a black metal band, not thrash metal at all
                      Early Destruction
                      Early Sodom
                      Early Bulldozer
                      Early Sepultura
                      And more...

Sorry for my genre geekery, I love to go into minutia with everything, especially genres of music. I spend entire hours during class writing down bands and their respective genres. I even draw family trees for metal subgenres.
                      I got caught doing this in class one time, but, fortunately for me, my teacher did not see what I was writing. In this day in age, I will end up in prison and on the news for writing down band names as society is very paranoid.
                      The last thing I need is for my teacher to see "Shotgun Justice" or "Sodom" on a paper. That kind of stuff gets people in jail now. Not Sodom, that gets me to the principals office, hiding the paper will land me in front of the honor council, and "Shotgun Justice" could mean jail.

Sorry for going on and on...
                      The singer for the impeccable Kreator is Mille Petrozza and he is the only constant member on all the Kreator albums, he always surrounds himself with pros though.. All those bands that you mentioned that are truly Thrash are just that, though they influenced Death and Black Metal.
                      I use to write songs based off of Slayer and Death lyrics, and sometimes I would get in shit for it - ahhhh the good old days .
                      Keep those creative juices and genre thinking flowing, but remember like assholes every one has a opinion on genres, it is not easy to classify some Metal.

Comment

• Sodom peaked on Agent Orange one of the finest Teutonic Thrash Metal gems!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
                          Overkill and Exodus both put out good albums still. Especially Exodus. Tempo of the Damned, Shovel Headed Kill Machine, and Blood In Blood Out were fucking brutal. Especially Blood In Blood Out. It may be the best Exodus album, and members have even said they themselves. Overkill released White Devil Armory and the The Electric Age, both great albums.
                          Exodus have never topped Bonded by Blood. Fact.
                          Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

Sodom peaked on Agent Orange one of the finest Teutonic Thrash Metal gems!

I as guessing that, that is one highly rated album, I may listen to it after I finish "Hardrocker" by the blackened thrash metal band Gehenna. I was listening to some early black metal Sodom earlier today, the song Blasphermer is excellent. It sounds better pronounced incorrectly, though. Blasphemer sounds cool, but Blaspheemer? These how its pronounced, but still it dosen't sound as cool.
                            You tried to suppress me
                            I come around

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post

I really like Bonded by Blood, but I haven't listened to it in a while. I want to listen to Impact is Imminent sometime soon, because I have a strange affinity with hated albums.
                              You tried to suppress me
                              I come around

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
                                Nope never topped it but they have almost equaled it especially with their newest album Blood In Blood Out.
                                Last edited by Thelemech; 10-06-2015, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X