No announcement yet.

Thread for thrash metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to say I've never listened to Exodus a whole lot...but based on the talking here I probably should give them a chance.

Comment

• What is the best Kreator album?
      You tried to suppress me
      But nothing holds me down
      Just when you think you're happy
      I come around

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
        Have to say I've never listened to Exodus a whole lot...but based on the talking here I probably should give them a chance.
        Yes you should.
        You tried to suppress me
        I come around

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
          What is the best Kreator album?
          Pleasure To Kill, Extreme Aggression or Phantom Antichrist. They have so many awesome albums especially when they are doing straight Thrash Metal.
          Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• One of the ESSENTIAL Thrash albums-

Comment

• Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

What is the best Kreator album?
                Terrible Certainty is my personal favorite.
                The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

• Originally posted by devstorm View Post
                  Terrible Certainty is my personal favorite.

Thanks, I was planning on listening to some Kreator tonight and I wanted some recommendations. I liked one Kreator song Thelemech (I think) posted here. The vocals were awesome. Who is their vocalist?
                  You tried to suppress me
                  I come around

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post

I know this sis a thrash metal thread, and I love thrash metal, but, a few months ago, when I listened to the album, I found several tracks too fast. I will give it a second chance, as, over the past few months, my musical tastes have grown to appreciate more extreme music. I really like the album Seasons in the Abyss, it's a bit slower.
                    You tried to suppress me
                    I come around

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                      The singer for the impeccable Kreator is Mille Petrozza and he is the only constant member on all the Kreator albums, he always surrounds himself with pros though.. All those bands that you mentioned that are truly Thrash are just that, though they influenced Death and Black Metal.
                      I use to write songs based off of Slayer and Death lyrics, and sometimes I would get in shit for it - ahhhh the good old days .
                      Keep those creative juices and genre thinking flowing, but remember like assholes every one has a opinion on genres, it is not easy to classify some Metal.
                      I answered your question on the vocalist for Kreator here IW.

Comment

Thanks, I was planning on listening to some Kreator tonight and I wanted some recommendations. I liked one Kreator song Thelemech (I think) posted here. The vocals were awesome. Who is their vocalist?
                        Pleasure To Kill is my favourite, but you should also check out Coma of Souls. It's a little less thrashy than their previous albums but it's a step up in the overall songwriting department and is a bit more varied. All the post 2000 albums are consistently great also with Enemy Of God being my pick of the bunch.

Comment

• Pleasure to Kill is their peak.

The Flag of Hate EP and Coma of Souls are good too.
                          Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

the production isn't great. The album sounds a little thin on that end. But the riffs on Certainty absolutelty connect with me stronger then many other Kreator albums.
                            They remixed a few TC songs for a best of compilation that came out in the late 90's. I definitely prefer these versions to the originals. But again for me riffs win over production quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OqqH_9WclM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9EtLXF1g2g

Extreme Aggression is the one that blends great riffs with great sound quality. But Something about Certainty still makes it more thrash & more edgy then E.A. for me.

Guitarist Mille Petrozza is Kreators vocalist. But Thel already gave you info on him.

Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
                            I know this sis a thrash metal thread, and I love thrash metal, but, a few months ago, when I listened to the album, I found several tracks too fast. I will give it a second chance, as, over the past few months, my musical tastes have grown to appreciate more extreme music. I really like the album Seasons in the Abyss, it's a bit slower.
                            No such thing as too fast with Thrash. You were listening too slowly. Reign in Blood was sort of written in response to S.O.D.'s Speak English or Die. An absolute Thrash/HC crossover classic.

Last edited by devstorm; 10-08-2015, 12:17 AM.
                            The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

• Originally posted by devstorm View Post
                              the production isn't great. The album sounds a little thin on that end. But the riffs on Certainty absolutelty connect with me stronger then many other Kreator albums.
                              They remixed a few TC songs for a best of compilation that came out in the late 90's. I definitely prefer these versions to the originals. But again for me riffs win over production quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OqqH_9WclM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9EtLXF1g2g

Extreme Aggression is the one that blends great riffs with great sound quality. But Something about Certainty still makes it more thrash & more edgy then E.A. for me.

Guitarist Mille Petrozza is Kreators vocalist. But Thel already gave you info on him.

No such thing as too fast with Thrash. You were listening too slowly. Reign in Blood was sort of written in response to S.O.D.'s Speak English or Die. An absolute Thrash/HC crossover classic.

That was a few months ago when I listened to it. I now like black metal and death metal as much as thrash metal, so I will probably like it better than I did. I wasn't very used to the faster sound.
                              You tried to suppress me
                              I come around

Comment

• Great song-

Comment

Working...
                                X