Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thelemech
    replied

Not their best by a long shot but still incredibly entertaining with wonderful proto Black Metal leanings.

Leave a comment:

• Thelemech
    replied

Every time I throw this disk on the stereo I like it more and more. They have a few of the later Havok albums at my local CD/Vinyl shop, will have to look to picking up at least another one by this fabulous Thrash Metal band.

Leave a comment:

• Thelemech
    replied

Love this band and I love this album, nice and ruff.

Leave a comment:

• TYR66
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ted Sallis
    replied
    Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
    I do not have Let There Be Blood and unfortunately have never heard it either, might have to check out youtube to see if they have it.
    The re-recording of Bonded by Blood includes a bonus track, Hell's Breath, which was co-written by original Exodus guitarist Kirk Hammett. Kirk played on the demo for the song in the early '80's but I don't believe he plays on any track on LTBB.

Ted

Leave a comment:

• Thelemech
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelemech
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...dedbyblood.jpg

This is just unbelievably great! A true Thrash Metal masterpiece.

I have Let There Be Blood, the completely re-recorded version of BBB with Rob Dukes on vocals. Does anyone else here have it or have they at least heard it and if so what do yo think of it?

Ted
    I do not have Let There Be Blood and unfortunately have never heard it either, might have to check out youtube to see if they have it.

Leave a comment:

• Kennyz
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Quote I have Let There Be Blood, the completely re-recorded version of BBB with Rob Dukes on vocals. Does anyone else here have it or have they at least heard it and if so what do yo think of it?

Ted
    I did not know they had made a re-recording of that album.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Sallis
    replied
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelemech
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...dedbyblood.jpg

Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
    Yes indeed a masterpiece,but my favorite Exodus singer is Steve Souza.
    I have Let There Be Blood, the completely re-recorded version of BBB with Rob Dukes on vocals. Does anyone else here have it or have they at least heard it and if so what do yo think of it?

Ted

Leave a comment:

• Kennyz
    replied

Yes indeed a masterpiece,but my favorite Exodus singer is Steve Souza.

Leave a comment:

• Jack the Stripper
    replied

This album sometimes gets overlooked but as a whole it is a really solid Thrash Metal album. I like the more serious nature of this disk.
    Agree, musically POT was their most mature album when it was released and a great return to form after the somewhat disappointing State of Euphoria.

The quintessential thrash album and Paul Baloff was the quintessential thrash vocalist.

Leave a comment:

• Thelemech
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Thelemech
    replied

This album sometimes gets overlooked but as a whole it is a really solid Thrash Metal album. I like the more serious nature of this disk.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Sallis
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
    Very solid album musically but as a whole no where near as great as Tempo of the Damned.
    Wasn't much a fan of Rob Dukes. He lacked character and his vocal style got on my nerves. As a frontman he couldn't hold a candle to his predecessor's Souza & Baloff.
    Paul Baloff has always been my favourite Exodus vocalist with Steve Sousa narrowly beating Rob Dukes for 2nd place. That said, IMO Rob's dedication to the band was unsurpassed by almost everyone else who's been in Exodus. On the one hand I'm pleased things have worked out with Steve back in the band - I am a fan of Blood In, Blood Out - but on the other hand I think it's unfortunate how Rob lost his job as Exodus' vocalist.

Ted

Leave a comment:

• Kennyz
    replied
    I really like Rob but I agree he is inferior to Baloff and Souza. I love all the albums Exodus has done.
    Souza is my favorite.Im not so fond of the singers after him.And the best Exodus album is of course Bonded by Blood.

Leave a comment:

• Thelemech
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
    Very solid album musically but as a whole no where near as great as Tempo of the Damned.
    Wasn't much a fan of Rob Dukes. He lacked character and his vocal style got on my nerves. As a frontman he couldn't hold a candle to his predecessor's Souza & Baloff.
    I really like Rob but I agree he is inferior to Baloff and Souza. I love all the albums Exodus has done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X