Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread for thrash metal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
      Phantom Lord really needs more recognition... it's a great song, but at the same time, it's probably the most overlooked one on the album.
      You tried to suppress me
      But nothing holds me down
      Just when you think you're happy
      I come around

      Comment






      • This is a freakishly great Thrash Metal gem, one of the best albums from Metal in the year 1989.
        Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

        Comment


        • ^^Love Kreator. New album coming out in January. Teaser> http://godsofviolence.com

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
            ^^Love Kreator. New album coming out in January. Teaser> http://godsofviolence.com
            Yeah Kreator is killer Thrash!!! Thanks for the heads up on the new album.
            Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

            Comment





            • Damn this album is so great - a Thrash fest!!
              Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

              Comment


              • This year was a great one for Thrash Metal, with excellent albums by Megadeth, Anthrax, Sodom, Destruction and forthcoming albums from Testament and the new longingly awaited Metallica record.


                My personal favorites would be the new Megadeth and Destruction albums.
                Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                Comment


                • Agreed! The new Megadeth is suberb...very close of being the album of the year for me...not a single bad song on it.

                  I like the Anthrax album a lot too but it does have some weak songs on it too.


                  I don't really know what to expect from Metallica though...Hardwired was an excellent track and Moth Into Flame again mediocre at best...so I'm expecting a mixed bag...which has been their track record since Justice...so no real news there I suppose.



                  I've never listened to Testament, don't really know any of their stuff...are they worth checking out?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Charger View Post
                    Agreed! The new Megadeth is suberb...very close of being the album of the year for me...not a single bad song on it.

                    I like the Anthrax album a lot too but it does have some weak songs on it too.


                    I don't really know what to expect from Metallica though...Hardwired was an excellent track and Moth Into Flame again mediocre at best...so I'm expecting a mixed bag...which has been their track record since Justice...so no real news there I suppose.



                    I've never listened to Testament, don't really know any of their stuff...are they worth checking out?
                    Testament is definitely worth checking out and their last three albums (including the forthcoming one) are all solid slabs of Thrash Metal greatness.
                    Or you could try out their earlier material like Practice What You Preach, The New Order or Souls Of Black. Their nineties albums are a mixed bag with some Death Metal influences popping up but nothing excessive.

                    I have a good feeling about the next Metallica album especially going off of the two songs we have heard.
                    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                    Comment


                    • 4 songs into the new Testament, and its restoring my faith in the band. The last album just didnt hit me. So far, at least Brotherhood Of the Snake has the harsher elements of Formation, and maintains some tasty melodic moments found throughout their catalog. Definitely one for thrashers to check out!
                      The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

                      Comment





                      • This new album kicks some serious ass, better than their last two worthy efforts, just crushing on all levels.
                        Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Thelemech View Post



                          This new album kicks some serious ass, better than their last two worthy efforts, just crushing on all levels.
                          Better than TFOD? I preordered it through amazon so are eagerly waiting for it to arrive. Might have to listen to it online in the meantime.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                            Testament is definitely worth checking out and their last three albums (including the forthcoming one) are all solid slabs of Thrash Metal greatness.
                            Or you could try out their earlier material like Practice What You Preach, The New Order or Souls Of Black. Their nineties albums are a mixed bag with some Death Metal influences popping up but nothing excessive.
                            I listened to some stuff from Brotherhood Of The Snake...musically it's quite good stuff but just can't get into the growling vocals from Chuck Billy...such vocal style to me doesn't really fit Thrash.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
                              Better than TFOD? I preordered it through amazon so are eagerly waiting for it to arrive. Might have to listen to it online in the meantime.
                              I do like it better than their last two excellent albums, I just find that this one is fantastic and on a higher level. Now that you have heard it - what do you think Jack??

                              Originally posted by Charger View Post
                              I listened to some stuff from Brotherhood Of The Snake...musically it's quite good stuff but just can't get into the growling vocals from Chuck Billy...such vocal style to me doesn't really fit Thrash.
                              Maybe try their 80 albums where Chuck Billy does a much more melodic voicing.
                              Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                                I do like it better than their last two excellent albums, I just find that this one is fantastic and on a higher level. Now that you have heard it - what do you think Jack??

                                Thel, the needle on my turntable is broke so I haven't been able to listen to it or any vinyl for that matter. I have listened to about 4-5 songs on youtube and they sound immense, really strong. I think every vinyl should come with the cd as well these days or at least a download code, quite a few do but a lot don't.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X