Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread for thrash metal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
    Thel, the needle on my turntable is broke so I haven't been able to listen to it or any vinyl for that matter. I have listened to about 4-5 songs on youtube and they sound immense, really strong. I think every vinyl should come with the cd as well these days or at least a download code, quite a few do but a lot don't.
    That sucks - you must acquire a new needle so you can Nuke your turntable with the payload on this new Thrash fest, Testament style.
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
      That sucks - you must acquire a new needle so you can Nuke your turntable with the payload on this new Thrash fest, Testament style.
      I might have to hold off on that for the moment as I caved in and downloaded "Hardwired...To Self Destruct" and going off my first full listen I'm gonna seriously struggle to listen to anything else for awhile tbh.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
        I might have to hold off on that for the moment as I caved in and downloaded "Hardwired...To Self Destruct" and going off my first full listen I'm gonna seriously struggle to listen to anything else for awhile tbh.
        It's that good is it?? Well well, one of my favorite bands of all time are really redeeming themselves with the work they have come up with since and including Death Magnetic. I am really excited for the new album, I am glad that you like it, means I am not waiting in vain.
        Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
          I might have to hold off on that for the moment as I caved in and downloaded "Hardwired...To Self Destruct" and going off my first full listen I'm gonna seriously struggle to listen to anything else for awhile tbh.
          I heard the title track. It was okay, but it seems forced. It's not like Fatal Illusion by Megadeth, which is real to the core. I haven't listened to that whole album yet, though.
          You tried to suppress me
          But nothing holds me down
          Just when you think you're happy
          I come around

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
            It's that good is it?? Well well, one of my favorite bands of all time are really redeeming themselves with the work they have come up with since and including Death Magnetic. I am really excited for the new album, I am glad that you like it, means I am not waiting in vain.
            Lets just say my first up full listen was the most positive first up listening experience I've had of a new Metallica album since The Black album. Not gonna say much more as it's still 6 days off official release and don't want to give anything away or get people's expectations up until they've had a good listen themselves.

            Comment


            • Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

              Comment


              • Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                Comment





                • This rules!!! I must get this on the first day of release!!!
                  Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                  Comment


                  • Another taste of the new Overkill - cannot wait to hear the full album!!

                    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                    Comment


                    • Comment


                      • ^^^ Great pic TYR66!!

                        This new Kreator album is going to be fucking fantastic just like all they have done since Violent Revolution.

                        Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                        Comment


                        • Cliff and Jeff


                          Slayer 1980


                          Slayer 1985

                          Comment


                          • ^^ Great pics, but were Slayer around in 1980? I thought they didn't start until '82.

                            Ted

                            Comment


                            • Fast forward to today when people's arms are dyed black with tattoos.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
                                ^^ Great pics, but were Slayer around in 1980? I thought they didn't start until '82.

                                Ted
                                you're right about 1980.
                                According to Encyclopaedia Metallum , the band was formed in 1981. May be that pic with Jeff and Kerry dressed with their stripes la Scorpions date from their previous gigs before the official birth of the band.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X