No announcement yet.

Thread for thrash metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a ripping collection of Thrash Metal brilliance, truly a classic album and it just keeps getting better every time I listen to it.
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Okay, for anyone who might still like Anthrax, I provide you with this:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ant...-backing-band/

Ted

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
        Okay, for anyone who might still like Anthrax, I provide you with this:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ant...-backing-band/

Ted
        Lady Gaga doing thrash?

Hmmm... why not? I'd give it at least a few minutes to see if it could impress me.

Comment

• Originally posted by zzzptm View Post
          Lady Gaga doing thrash?

Hmmm... why not? I'd give it at least a few minutes to see if it could impress me.
          I agree that for all we know, she might be able to impress us...but I for one would prefer her to 'team up' with Metallica again.

Ted

Comment

• I would welcome a Heavy Metal album from Lady Gaga.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
              I would welcome a Heavy Metal album from Lady Gaga.
              Hypothetical lineup (as a side project of course):

Lady Gaga: lead vocals
              Kerry King: lead guitar
              James Hetfield: rhythm guitar, backing vocals (with a working mic.)
              Steve Harris: bass guitar
              Dave Lombardo: drums

Ted

Comment

• Gary is missed, but man, Exodus is still f'n killing it. Full show from the Rock Hard festival in Germany last weekend.

Comment

• ^^ Thanks for posting the show. Reportedly Exodus will start recording their next studio album this fall for a hopeful early 2018 release.

Ted

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
                    ^^ Thanks for posting the show. Reportedly Exodus will start recording their next studio album this fall for a hopeful early 2018 release.

Ted
                    Thanks Ted. Glad someone appreciated it and I wasn't wasting my time posting it.

I certainly look forward to any new Exodus release. Along with other old school contemporaries Testament, Overkill & Kreator, they're still creating quality thrash.

Comment

• Regarding the next Exodus album, here's some news: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/exo...s-tom-hunting/

In the comments below the article, Exodus having moved to doing some longer songs with Rob Dukes in the band is referenced. That trend started in the late 80's during Zetro's first run with the band. I think it worked well for a couple of albums but started to falter with Impact is Imminent and Force of Habit. Architect of Pain from the latter album is the exception.

Ted

Comment

• Kreator have made this rad new music video for Pleasure To Kill to coincide with the newly released remastered reissues of their first 4 albums.

Comment

• I just noticed those new Kreator remasters on Amazon. I wonder how well they have been worked on. I just recently re-bought the early discography in the old versions. Figures that they would release these just months after I had done so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                            I just noticed those new Kreator remasters on Amazon. I wonder how well they have been worked on. I just recently re-bought the early discography in the old versions. Figures that they would release these just months after I had done so.
                            Haven't seen any reviews of these remasters as yet. As much as some of those early albums could do with a remaster it's always better to have the original recordings anyway Thel unless you're a major fan that's a completist or if you don't already have the original albums. I think besides being remastered their is also added live tracks and updated artwork on these.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
                              As much as some of those early albums could do with a remaster it's always better to have the original recordings anyway
                              Yeah unfortunately a lot of times a remaster just means louder. I like the sound of the originals as they were what I grew up on.

Comment

• Metal Church's full performance from Hellfest just over a week ago. Mike Howe in fine voice and full of energy as always. Also Stet Howland(W.A.S.P.) is playing drums for them now.

Comment

Working...
                                X