Thread for thrash metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Here's some more very interesting news about Exodus: former singer Rob Dukes, former guitarist Rick Hunolt and maybe even former drummer Paul Bostaph will be playing with the band at an upcoming show.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/exo...cisco-concert/

Ted

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
        Here's some more very interesting news about Exodus: former singer Rob Dukes, former guitarist Rick Hunolt and maybe even former drummer Paul Bostaph will be playing with the band at an upcoming show.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/exo...cisco-concert/

Ted
        What about Rob McKilop? Played on the first 4 albums. They've obviously buried the hatchet with Rob Dukes which is a good thing.

Would be great set of gigs to go to though. They're gonna be playing a few deep cuts as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
          What about Rob McKilop? Played on the first 4 albums. They've obviously buried the hatchet with Rob Dukes which is a good thing.

Would be great set of gigs to go to though. They're gonna be playing a few deep cuts as well.
          Here's a band new article which elaborates on how Exodus Members opened communications with Rob again which helped lead to the reunion show: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rob...-exodus-again/

I don't know whatever happened to Rob McKillop. I saw him live with Exodus back in 1990. Then there's also John Tempesta, Mike Butler and a certain current lead guitarist with Metallica.

It should be an awesome show for those who see it. The rest of us will hope for footage of the performance(s) to be posted on line.

Ted

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
            Here's a band new article which elaborates on how Exodus Members opened communications with Rob again which helped lead to the reunion show: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rob...-exodus-again/

I don't know whatever happened to Rob McKillop. I saw him live with Exodus back in 1990. Then there's also John Tempesta, Mike Butler and a certain current lead guitarist with Metallica.

It should be an awesome show for those who see it. The rest of us will hope for footage of the performance(s) to be posted on line.

Ted
            Yeah Kirk is currently on tour so is unlikely to be there unless he flies in specially for it. Which would be cool.

Was that the Impact Is Imminent album tour you seen them on? I think Rob McKillop left around that time to concentrate on family life.

Comment

Yeah Kirk is currently on tour so is unlikely to be there unless he flies in specially for it. Which would be cool.

Was that the Impact Is Imminent album tour you seen them on? I think Rob McKillop left around that time to concentrate on family life.
              Yes, Kirk is currently touring with Metallica so that likely rules him out from appearing.

Yes, that was the tour in support of the III album that I saw Exodus on. As for Rob, I'm a Member of the now dormant Exodusattack Forums within which there was a thread created years ago concerning Rob's whereabouts: http://exodusattack.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13477

Ted

Comment

• Here's another new Blabbermouth article detailing the Exodus reunion: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/exo...concert-video/

Ted

Comment

• Slayer , HellFest Clisson- France . 06-18-17

Comment

• Kerry King : " My ten favorite Metal albums"

AC/DC – Highway to Hell
                    Black Sabbath – Sabotage
                    Exodus – Bonded by Blood
                    Iron Maiden – The Number of the Beast
                    Judas Priest – Stained Class
                    Mercyful Fate – Melissa
                    Metallica – Master of Puppets
                    Ozzy Osbourne – Diary of a Madman
                    Rainbow – Long Live Rock ‘n’ Roll
                    Venom – Black Metal

very nice list .
                    http://www.metalsucks.net/2017/07/15...s-of-all-time/

Comment

• I miss Rob - this album slays all who oppose.
                      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post

I miss Rob - this album slays all who oppose.
                        Very solid album musically but as a whole no where near as great as Tempo of the Damned.
                        Wasn't much a fan of Rob Dukes. He lacked character and his vocal style got on my nerves. As a frontman he couldn't hold a candle to his predecessor's Souza & Baloff.

Comment

Very solid album musically but as a whole no where near as great as Tempo of the Damned.
                          Wasn't much a fan of Rob Dukes. He lacked character and his vocal style got on my nerves. As a frontman he couldn't hold a candle to his predecessor's Souza & Baloff.
                          I really like Rob but I agree he is inferior to Baloff and Souza. I love all the albums Exodus has done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                            I really like Rob but I agree he is inferior to Baloff and Souza. I love all the albums Exodus has done.
                            Souza is my favorite.Im not so fond of the singers after him.And the best Exodus album is of course Bonded by Blood.

Comment

Paul Baloff has always been my favourite Exodus vocalist with Steve Sousa narrowly beating Rob Dukes for 2nd place. That said, IMO Rob's dedication to the band was unsurpassed by almost everyone else who's been in Exodus. On the one hand I'm pleased things have worked out with Steve back in the band - I am a fan of Blood In, Blood Out - but on the other hand I think it's unfortunate how Rob lost his job as Exodus' vocalist.

Ted

Comment

• This album sometimes gets overlooked but as a whole it is a really solid Thrash Metal album. I like the more serious nature of this disk.

Comment

Working...
                                X