No announcement yet.

Thread for thrash metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is just unbelievably great! A true Thrash Metal masterpiece.
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post

This album sometimes gets overlooked but as a whole it is a really solid Thrash Metal album. I like the more serious nature of this disk.
      Agree, musically POT was their most mature album when it was released and a great return to form after the somewhat disappointing State of Euphoria.

Originally posted by Thelemech View Post

This is just unbelievably great! A true Thrash Metal masterpiece.
      The quintessential thrash album and Paul Baloff was the quintessential thrash vocalist.

Comment

Yes indeed a masterpiece,but my favorite Exodus singer is Steve Souza.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Thelemech
          https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...dedbyblood.jpg

Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
          Yes indeed a masterpiece,but my favorite Exodus singer is Steve Souza.
          I have Let There Be Blood, the completely re-recorded version of BBB with Rob Dukes on vocals. Does anyone else here have it or have they at least heard it and if so what do yo think of it?

Ted

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
            Quote I have Let There Be Blood, the completely re-recorded version of BBB with Rob Dukes on vocals. Does anyone else here have it or have they at least heard it and if so what do yo think of it?

Ted
            I did not know they had made a re-recording of that album.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
              Quote Originally Posted by Thelemech
              https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...dedbyblood.jpg

I have Let There Be Blood, the completely re-recorded version of BBB with Rob Dukes on vocals. Does anyone else here have it or have they at least heard it and if so what do yo think of it?

Ted
              I do not have Let There Be Blood and unfortunately have never heard it either, might have to check out youtube to see if they have it.

Comment

I do not have Let There Be Blood and unfortunately have never heard it either, might have to check out youtube to see if they have it.
                The re-recording of Bonded by Blood includes a bonus track, Hell's Breath, which was co-written by original Exodus guitarist Kirk Hammett. Kirk played on the demo for the song in the early '80's but I don't believe he plays on any track on LTBB.

Ted

Comment

• Comment

• Love this band and I love this album, nice and ruff.

Comment

• Every time I throw this disk on the stereo I like it more and more. They have a few of the later Havok albums at my local CD/Vinyl shop, will have to look to picking up at least another one by this fabulous Thrash Metal band.

Comment

• Not their best by a long shot but still incredibly entertaining with wonderful proto Black Metal leanings.

Comment

• Killer !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
                            Killer !!!
                            All I can say is Fuckin Awesome!!! I have been scoping out this album as I have heard wonderful things about it since it was released - might have to be my next purchase.

Comment

• Well it looks like Slayer has joined the Final World Tour club:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sla...al-world-tour/

We'll see how this plays out but more and more of their fans seem to be calling for them to end it and Tom Araya has been stating for the past year or 2 that he likely wants to retire (from Slayer) in the near future.

Ted

Comment

• You could probably see this coming the way Tom's been taliking in the media in recent times. Just seemed like his heart was no longer in it and he was over touring and probably over Kerry as well.

I think it was nearly time myself. They're a shadow of their former selves these days.

Amazing band and amazing career though and they'll always be pretty special to me. Have been a fan since Show No Mercy was released in 83 and have never missed an Australian tour. Will definitely be catchimg them on this last tour if they tour here again. Hope they do...

Sadly the original and best era of metal is coming to an end with more retirements of some of the all time great bands expected in the not too distant future.

Comment

Working...
                                X