Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
    Have been a fan since Show No Mercy was released in 83
    You've been a fan even longer than me. The 1st Slayer album I bought was Hell Awaits in 1985 and saw them live in 1986 and 1988 (Reign in Blood and South of Heaven Tours respectively). Motorhead was the Special Guest at the '88 show.

Ted

Comment

• I have been a fan since South Of Heaven - that I still think is their masterpiece. I think that it actually is a good idea for them to call it a day.
      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• It is kind of sad to see Slayer go as well...

But Tom has talked about retirement ever since his neck surgery so it was bound to happen.

There sadly was no talk about a one final album, but if Repentless happens to be their last album atleast they went out on a high note!

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
          It is kind of sad to see Slayer go as well...

But Tom has talked about retirement ever since his neck surgery so it was bound to happen.

There sadly was no talk about a one final album, but if Repentless happens to be their last album atleast they went out on a high note!
          Yes there has been talk of a follow up. Kerry King has said that there are songs leftover from Repentless that were finished and that they were going into the studio to do those. I wonder if we will get one last EP like Sabbath did.So Slayer has been rumored for 2018 but Kerry has been talking it up for awhile now, tons of links other than this if you look it up online. With the news, yesterday, its probably not going to happen but you never know!http://teamrock.com/news/2017-08-22/...ybe-kerry-king

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
            I have been a fan since South Of Heaven - that I still think is their masterpiece. I think that it actually is a good idea for them to call it a day.
            Yes i agree, South of Heaven is their masterpiece.Slayer is the greatest trash metal band of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
              Yes i agree, South of Heaven is their masterpiece.Slayer is the greatest trash metal band of all time.
              No that would be Megadeth followed by Anthrax followed by Slayer.

But agreed on South Of Heaven it is my favourite album from them too...love every single song.

Comment

Slayer is the greatest trash metal band of all time.
                Agreed. I'm a fan since the beginning with their first album. My favourites are Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy + the cult Haunting the Chapel EP.
                Reign in Blood is a Masterpiece but they clearly took another direction with Rubin , less dark than the previous albums. Love South of Heaven too.
                I place Slayer way above the others 3 Thrash bands.
                Slayer > Megadeth > Metallica >...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anthrax.
                I put any bands before Anthrax, including Coroner, Overkill, Havok, Toxik Holocaust , Nuclear Assault and of course the Thrash German Trident aka Kreator, Sodom and Destruction.
                Last edited by TYR66; 01-26-2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
                  Agreed. I'm a fan sine the beginning with their first album. My favourites are Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy + the cult Hauting the Chapel EP.
                  Reign in Blood is a Masterpiece but they clearly took another direction with Rubin , less dark than the previous albums. Love South of Heaven too.
                  I place Slayer way above the others 3 Thrash bands.
                  Slayer > Megadeth > Metallica >...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anthrax.
                  I put any bands before Anthrax, including Coroner, Overkill, Havok, Toxik Holocaust , Nuclear Assault and of course the Thrash German Trident aka Kreator, Sodom and Destruction.
                  My favorite as well, I place them above the other Thrash bands.

Those are my favorites too TYR66, I have them all.

And how about Live Undead? They mention Old Bridge Militia, from New Jersey!!!
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I have been a fan since South Of Heaven - that I still think is their masterpiece. I think that it actually is a good idea for them to call it a day.
                    Been a fan since the beginning Thel, Slayer Rules!!!
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                      Been a fan since the beginning Thel, Slayer Rules!!!
                      The only one of the Big 4 that I have been following since the beginning is Megadeth (my personal fav of the 4) when Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good was released in 85 and I was just wee skater lad all of 9 years old - my litlle skull was exploded with ideas from the awesomeness that was Dave Mustaine and Company. Found Slayer when South Of Heaven was a new release in 88 but I of course had heard of them as early as 85 as well.

My Triad Of Greatness that is Slayer would be in order - 3 Seasons In The Abyss 2 Hell Awaits 1 South Of Heaven.
                      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Originally posted by jstheconqueror View Post
                        Yes there has been talk of a follow up. Kerry King has said that there are songs leftover from Repentless that were finished and that they were going into the studio to do those. I wonder if we will get one last EP like Sabbath did.So Slayer has been rumored for 2018 but Kerry has been talking it up for awhile now, tons of links other than this if you look it up online. With the news, yesterday, its probably not going to happen but you never know!http://teamrock.com/news/2017-08-22/...ybe-kerry-king
                        Gary Holt shoots down new album possibilities...atleast before the tour:
                        http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/wil...ays-gary-holt/

Comment

• Well, Gary Holt seems to be pretty much nixing the idea of one last Slayer album now.

As stated by at least 1 other person above, Kerry has revealed that there were about 5 or 6 leftover songs from the sessions for their last studio album. So it's a question of what the fate of those songs might be if there are no further studio albums from Slayer on the horizon.

Perhaps an EP, as also previously stated above.

Ted

Comment

The only one of the Big 4 that I have been following since the beginning is Megadeth (my personal fav of the 4) when Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good was released in 85 and I was just wee skater lad all of 9 years old - my litlle skull was exploded with ideas from the awesomeness that was Dave Mustaine and Company. Found Slayer when South Of Heaven was a new release in 88 but I of course had heard of them as early as 85 as well.

My Triad Of Greatness that is Slayer would be in order - 3 Seasons In The Abyss 2 Hell Awaits 1 South Of Heaven.
                            Never cared for Megadeth, Thel.

I have the Killing Is My Business and Rust In Peace albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by charger View Post
                              gary holt shoots down new album possibilities...atleast before the tour:
                              i was just saying they were talking about a new album. You claimed there was nothing about a new album whatsoever which clearly was not true.

Comment

• Originally posted by jstheconqueror View Post
                                i was just saying they were talking about a new album. You claimed there was nothing about a new album whatsoever which clearly was not true.
                                Perhaps there’ll be an EP.

Comment

Working...
                                X