Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread for thrash metal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Found this on Youtube - sounds decent considering it was probably recorded on a 4 track.

    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

    Comment


    • #77
      This is a great album - if you have the time give it a listen.
      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
        Good list, You've covered off the best of thrash here. Nice to see you included Havok in there too They're the best of the new breed of thrash bands... Old skool Megadeth, Slayer & Exodus all rolled into one.
        I'd like to add 2 cents to this discussion, basically agreeing with the list of thrash masters, and liking havok as well. Personally my favorite new-ish thrash band is not mentioned anywhere on this thread. Suicidal Angels from Greece, holy smokes! I love these guys. They have at least 5 albums that I know of:

        Eternal Domination-- debut album, very dark and thrashy
        Sanctify The Darkness
        Bloodbath
        Divide and Conquer--newest
        There's another I don't have and can't remember the name of. They've got a lot of Slayer & Exodus in their sound. Check out songs like Bloodthirsty or White Wizard from their latest CD.
        And if the sun never shined on us, the night time has fruit of the vine High on Fire-Brother in the Wind

        Comment


        • #79
          Been revisiting Testament, The Gathering in recent weeks. Such a killer heavy as fuck album loaded with deadly riffage. One of the best and most underrated thrash albums to come out of the 90's. Dave Lombardo fucking destroys on it





          Originally posted by danmac View Post
          I'd like to add 2 cents to this discussion, basically agreeing with the list of thrash masters, and liking havok as well. Personally my favorite new-ish thrash band is not mentioned anywhere on this thread. Suicidal Angelsh from Greece, holy smokes! I love these guys. They have at least 5 albums that I know of:

          Eternal Domination-- debut album, very dark and thrashy
          Sanctify The Darkness
          Bloodbath
          Divide and Conquer--newest
          There's another I don't have and can't remember the name of. They've got a lot of Slayer & Exodus in their sound. Check out songs like Bloodthirsty or White Wizard from their latest CD.
          Have heard of them but never checked them out. Will do though...

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
            Been revisiting Testament, The Gathering in recent weeks. Such a killer heavy as fuck album loaded with deadly riffage. One of the best and most underrated thrash albums to come out of the 90's. Dave Lombardo fucking destroys on it





            Have heard of them but never checked them out. Will do though...

            Dave Lombardo plays on that album?
            You tried to suppress me
            But nothing holds me down
            Just when you think you're happy
            I come around

            Comment


            • #81
              Is Pantera thrash enough? To me, they are a groove metal band.
              You tried to suppress me
              But nothing holds me down
              Just when you think you're happy
              I come around

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
                Is Pantera thrash enough? To me, they are a groove metal band.
                Not at all thats my problem with them. They were always too groove oriented.
                The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by devstorm View Post
                  Not at all thats my problem with them. They were always too groove oriented.

                  I like groove metal...
                  You tried to suppress me
                  But nothing holds me down
                  Just when you think you're happy
                  I come around

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Thats fine with me. But they only did that one thing, which is why I could never get into them. All good players. But the music never did it for me.
                    The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
                      Dave Lombardo plays on that album?
                      Yes. That album had a great lineup. Along with Dave, Chuck & Eric, Steve DiGiorgio & James Murphy also played on it.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by devstorm View Post
                        Thats fine with me. But they only did that one thing, which is why I could never get into them. All good players. But the music never did it for me.

                        Have you heard the song 'Fucking Hostile'? That one is a thrash metal song.
                        You tried to suppress me
                        But nothing holds me down
                        Just when you think you're happy
                        I come around

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Heard it. I think its about as thrash as Run to the Hills. I saw them live 2 or 3 times and had friends who played them all the time back then. Pantera is annoying.
                          The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by devstorm View Post
                            Heard it. I think its about as thrash as Run to the Hills. I saw them live 2 or 3 times and had friends who played them all the time back then. Pantera is annoying.

                            Fucking Hostile is pretty much pure thrash.
                            You tried to suppress me
                            But nothing holds me down
                            Just when you think you're happy
                            I come around

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              well then I guess we disagree.
                              The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                This is one of the few things I agree with IW on. That song is thrash.
                                Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X