X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Megadeth is releasing a greatest hits album. I don't see much (if any) logic in the release but they could have at least picked a much better name for it.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/meg...st-hits-album/

Ted
    Thanks for the heads up Ted, yeah the title is a bit corny.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Sallis
    replied
    Megadeth is releasing a greatest hits album. I don't see much (if any) logic in the release but they could have at least picked a much better name for it.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/meg...st-hits-album/

Ted

Leave a comment:

• Ted Sallis
    replied
    Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
    From what I understood, Exodus strongly influenced the whole Bay aera at that time but encountered difficulties to sign a contract ... 2 years too late. The band was in a little controversy because of the very first and misunderstood picture of the band in Enfer Magazine that had been the subject of a lot of ink later :
    https://78.media.tumblr.com/441cde0b...1zho1_1280.jpg
    Araya had said that Exodus were the best in 1982/83. Also, when I listened to Bonded by Blood, it was solid but already heard. Damage to them. But, again, Slayer immediately hit his target with their first album, like Metallica. Venom were untouchable for me during this golden year.
    Strange but true.
    Thanks for elaborating. Yes Exodus was an influence on the Bay Area thrash scene in the early 80's; I think their problem was that Metallica and Slayer were signed and started releasing albums before them, and Exodus' 1st album, Bonded by Blood was not released until Spring 1985 (although it had been recorded in Summer 1984) due primarily to issues with the album cover I believe. The following year, 1986, saw them part ways with their record label and original singer Paul Baloff which resulted in another lengthy delay until their 2nd album was released.

Thanks also for the link; I'm not too familiar with that controversy.

Ted

Leave a comment:

• TYR66
    replied

Well if we don't agree about Megadeth's placement, can we at least agree about Exodus' position?

Ted
    tbh, I listened to the first album when it was released in 1985. very good musically but Paul Baloffs singing, well .... I do not want to be disrespectful.
    their second album did not make high flames either with a new thrashy clone of Bon Scott. Curious. I dropped this band definitively. I was more attracted to Celtic Frost and Bathory and of course Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth or Overkill.
    From what I understood, Exodus strongly influenced the whole Bay aera at that time but encountered difficulties to sign a contract ... 2 years too late. The band was in a little controversy because of the very first and misunderstood picture of the band in Enfer Magazine that had been the subject of a lot of ink later :
    https://78.media.tumblr.com/441cde0b...1zho1_1280.jpg
    Araya had said that Exodus were the best in 1982/83. Also, when I listened to Bonded by Blood, it was solid but already heard. Damage to them. But, again, Slayer immediately hit his target with their first album, like Metallica. Venom were untouchable for me during this golden year.
    Strange but true.
    Last edited by TYR66; 01-27-2018, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Sallis
    replied
    Metallica > Slayer > Exodus >...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Megadeth and Anthrax.

Fixed.

Ted

no need to be fixed . we're agree about Anthax.
    Well if we don't agree about Megadeth's placement, can we at least agree about Exodus' position?

Ted

Leave a comment:

• jstheconqueror
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post

?
    Wink wink.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by jstheconqueror View Post
    I am not sure who No is, but I am sure hes right.

?

Leave a comment:

• TYR66
    replied

Fixed.

Ted
    no need to be fixed . we're agree about Anthax.

Leave a comment:

• jstheconqueror
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    No said there was no talk about a new album on the story of the final tour...didn't say they hadn't talked about an album sometimes in the past... wink wink...
    I am not sure who No is, but I am sure hes right.

I mean, why didnt you just say you were sad that the new album didn't come to fruition like previously planned. I am fairly certain we will see those 6 repentless tracks released in some form or other.
    Last edited by jstheconqueror; 01-26-2018, 10:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Sallis
    replied
    Slayer > Megadeth > Metallica >...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anthrax.

Fixed.

Ted

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    i was just saying they were talking about a new album. You claimed there was nothing about a new album whatsoever which clearly was not true.
    No said there was no talk about a new album on the story of the final tour...didn't say they hadn't talked about an album sometimes in the past... wink wink...

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    i was just saying they were talking about a new album. You claimed there was nothing about a new album whatsoever which clearly was not true.
    Perhaps there’ll be an EP.

Leave a comment:

• jstheconqueror
    replied
    Originally posted by charger View Post
    gary holt shoots down new album possibilities...atleast before the tour:
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/wil...ays-gary-holt/

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
    The only one of the Big 4 that I have been following since the beginning is Megadeth (my personal fav of the 4) when Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good was released in 85 and I was just wee skater lad all of 9 years old - my litlle skull was exploded with ideas from the awesomeness that was Dave Mustaine and Company. Found Slayer when South Of Heaven was a new release in 88 but I of course had heard of them as early as 85 as well.

My Triad Of Greatness that is Slayer would be in order - 3 Seasons In The Abyss 2 Hell Awaits 1 South Of Heaven.
    Never cared for Megadeth, Thel.

I have the Killing Is My Business and Rust In Peace albums.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Sallis
    replied
    Well, Gary Holt seems to be pretty much nixing the idea of one last Slayer album now.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/wil...ays-gary-holt/

As stated by at least 1 other person above, Kerry has revealed that there were about 5 or 6 leftover songs from the sessions for their last studio album. So it's a question of what the fate of those songs might be if there are no further studio albums from Slayer on the horizon.

Perhaps an EP, as also previously stated above.

Ted

Leave a comment:

Working...
X