Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls

Who's looking forward to this double album? First song came out today.
    Last edited by Sin Cardinal Sin; 09-27-2015, 02:09 AM.

Comment

I really like this new song! On another site I frequent we were commenting how this has a nice 80s vibe to it. I think this bodes well for the new double album, only time will tell though.
      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Yes, a slight back to basics approach which is hopeful. The song lengths of course hint at more prog metal but a double Iron Maiden album is quite an event in any case.

Comment

I am. I know it will be good, as Iron Maiden can't really release a bad album.
          You tried to suppress me
          But nothing holds me down
          Just when you think you're happy
          I come around

Comment

Music video is really cool. I will give the double album a listen but I'm not expecting much. Just not the biggest Maiden fan in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by jstheconqueror View Post
              Music video is really cool. I will give the double album a listen but I'm not expecting much. Just not the biggest Maiden fan in the world.

You should definitely expand your Maiden collection, you will probably become a fan.
              You tried to suppress me
              But nothing holds me down
              Just when you think you're happy
              I come around

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
                Iron Maiden can't really release a bad album.

Comment

I am. I know it will be good, as Iron Maiden can't really release a bad album.
                  I believe every album released after Powerslave to range from "mediocre" to "bad" tbh.

I enjoy and respect Maiden, but they released their classics (the first five), then they became derivative.
                  Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

The song rocks, I like it. The video is cool too.

I will say though, Bruce's vocals kinda annoy me these days. Very much looking forward to the album though.

Comment

Love the song and the video.
                      Bruce sings wonderfuly with a lower tone. the track grows on me listen after listen. A good 80's vibe la "Somewhere In Time" era . Nicko still 's got that fantastic groove.
                      it seems to be a demo, which is not displease me.
                      The video is truly in the spirit of old covers, full of references and details to all previous artworks.
                      I don't really understand the bashing about The Final Frontier. I enjoy this album .

Comment

You should definitely expand your Maiden collection, you will probably become a fan.
                        Don't get me wrong I like their classic stuff but I have not been interested in a long time. I will Always be a moderate fan of the band but they will never be one of my favorites.

Comment

I have had the album on pre-order ever since I heard it was being released.

That first song certainly sounds promising (I've only listend to it once) I expect it to grow on me. As TYR said it's got an old school vibe about it, I wonder if that is reflected through out the whole album?

I posted on the "..Last Album Bought" thread that my only concern is that there are 3 very long songs on the album, if they are of the quality of The Rime of the Ancient Mariner then great, but in recent albums their longer songs (8mins+) tend to be the low points of the albums.
                          My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
                            I believe every album released after Powerslave to range from "mediocre" to "bad" tbh.

I enjoy and respect Maiden, but they released their classics (the first five), then they became derivative.
                            Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son are as great as the first five albums.

The new singles is great. It will keep growing on me like Redeemer of Souls did.

Comment

I only really like their first seven albums, haven't paid attention to anything past Seventh Son, too busy listening to my Sabbath and Sabbath related music, that's all I need, all I want!
                              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                              X