No announcement yet.

Slayer - Repentless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked up the new album. Listened to it 3 times and I am liking it. There ar some filler tracks that i found forgettable but I really like cast the first stone as the best song on the album. The other cool tracks include vices, implode and when the stillness comes. This album is just classic Slayer and they always do the same thing for me. Love their consistency from album to album. They definitely topped their last few albums simply because this brought me back to enjoying Slayer again!

Comment

Honestly I've found everything they've done since (and including most of) Seasons to be pretty boring. Probably won't check this out.
      Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

On my second listen and I will be damned this is actually a solid Thrash Metal album!!! Gratefully loving this - it sounds like Slayer to me!!!!
        Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

The more I hear this the more I like it. This is some wicked Slayer and I hate to say it but this might be the best album they have done in a decade and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
            On my second listen and I will be damned this is actually a solid Thrash Metal album!!! Gratefully loving this - it sounds like Slayer to me!!!!
            The more I hear this the more I like it. This is some wicked Slayer and I hate to say it but this might be the best album they have done in a decade and a half.
            This fucking albums kicks!!! It IS the best thing they have done for 15 years no doubt. Even though it is technically only half the band it is still great stuff with memorable riffs and drumming and some shock value to go with them. Tom sounds interested and vital and Holt adds to the fold with his solos.

Comment

I'm loving it too. I always have trouble with things like "name your favorite...song...band...album". So I don't know if I think it's their best in the last 15 years. I, personally think it beats the hell out of Diabolus, that was 1998 I think. GHUA in 2001, probably about even with that one. Christ Illusion I really like, so I can't say Repentless is better than that one, although it is blown-out so production-wise Repentless is better. I do think Repentless is better than WPB. So out of the last 17 years I think it beats 2, maybe even with 1 and slightly less killer than 1.
              And if the sun never shined on us, the night time has fruit of the vine High on Fire-Brother in the Wind

Comment

The tabloid of the Metal World - Blabbermouth gave Repentless a 6.5 out of 10. It is way better than that!!

Comment

Loving this damn album - cannot get enough of it - Itunes says 56 listens so far!!!

Comment

Loving this damn album - cannot get enough of it - Itunes says 56 listens so far!!!
                    New album is a mixed bag but it's still Slayer. I listened to South of Heaven the other day and I got goosebumps listening to Mandatory Suicide. I don't think they will ever regain their past glories.

Comment

Been listening to this album all week practically, I have to say I like it, reminds me of Slayer of old, though only half the original band is on the album, I like it a lot better than World Painted Blood.

You Against You, is my favorite off the album right now, the entire album is good, I find myself liking it a lot better than anything Metallica has released since the Black album.

I had the limited edition but had to return it because the discs were glued inside the pouches of the cover, took it back got another limited edition, opened it in front of the store clerk and the same thing, discs glued inside, maybe a packaging defect and where they were stored, perhaps extreme heat melted the glue onto the discs, so I traded it in for a regular copy and for the price difference got World Painted Blood.
                      Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 09-10-2016, 05:32 AM.
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I agree with Thel, this is the real deal Slayer, just listened to this the other day and this blows me away every time, brutal Slayer onslaught!!!!
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Boring, tired and derivative. Possibly their worst album.
                          http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
                          http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
                          http://pike.bandcamp.com
                          http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
                          http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

Comment

Originally posted by Ala View Post
                            Boring, tired and derivative. Possibly their worst album.
                            You have to be kidding me, their worst album would be World Painted Blood, if you want to classify a worst album.

Comment

Tbh I think both are bad
                              Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
                                Tbh I think both are bad
                                It’s good to hear others opinions, World Painted Blood and Christ Illusion in my humble opinion aren’t that good, World Painted Blood being the worst one, after Divine Intervention I didn’t care for the albums that came after it, but Repentless I think is turn back to the Slayer of old, which I love.

Good to see you back Buffalo Bill, hope you’ve been well.

Comment

Working...
                                X