Black metal appreciation thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
    Også Gammal, Også Kald. Sorry, I figured out how to say the title of a Darkthrone song, Too Old, Too Old in Norwegian, with the help of your post. I'm learning a few phrases or Norwegian. I know words like "Dųd", "Jeg", "Skogen", "I" etc...
    The correct way would be "gammel". "Gammal" is more south-eastern slang/dialect.
    And i see you've used Google Translate It's "for gammel, for kald". What you said is the same as "Also old, also cold". But nice try, cool that you're trying to learn. Alot of words can mean two things in the other language, also intertwined. Dųd, f.ex is both Death and Dead.
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
      The correct way would be "gammel". "Gammal" is more south-eastern slang/dialect.
      And i see you've used Google Translate It's "for gammel, for kald". What you said is the same as "Also old, also cold". But nice try, cool that you're trying to learn. Alot of words can mean two things in the other language, also intertwined. Dųd, f.ex is both Death and Dead.
      I'm trying to learn it. I want to write a song in it to make it seem more kvlt.

Google Translate isn't any good really. Dųd is death, as in Jesu Dųd, Jesus's Death. Fra is from, right? I hear the word in Burzum songs, and I think it's from, from using context clues. I've been learning French at school. I actually know more Norwegian than I do French. I don't understand French. My teacher is also bias about me, because she overheard some other students making fun of me for "being a Satanist". I was a Satanist (or I considered myself one) for a little while, but I really don't connect with it anymore. Now, my teacher thinks I'm one, and she is very bias against me. I can tell from what she wrote on my report card. Even though I did pretty well in French that trimester (73), she only wrote negative things about me. She also acts as if I am subhuman in class. Swedish is slightly similar to Norwegian, I hear a few cognates- Skog is Swedish for wood and Norwegian for wood.

I'm afraid I might called to the office at school- everyone at my school calls me bullshit like "little demon", "Satanic Fog". That was the (terribly inaccurate) name of my black metal project. I have changed it. One person found about my black metal project, and then it spread like wildfire through my school. I might get in trouble for "making a fool of myself".
      You tried to suppress me
      But nothing holds me down
      Just when you think you're happy
      I come around

Comment

• ^^^ Fra is from. And, yes, alot of similarities between norwegian, swedish and danish. Skog is both woods and forest.
        If it was Jesus ER dųd, it would've meant Jesus is dead...
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

^^^ Fra is from. And, yes, alot of similarities between norwegian, swedish and danish. Skog is both woods and forest.
          If it was Jesus ER dųd, it would've meant Jesus is dead...
          I though that forest is "skogen". Is that the plural or something?
          You tried to suppress me
          I come around

Comment

• Stemmen Fra Taarnet by Burzum translates to "Vote from Tower". That is a weird song title. Stemmen Fra Taarnet is one of my favorite Burzum songs, though. It has a very catchy riff. I like black metal with catchy riffing. You aren't a fan of Burzum, right?
            You tried to suppress me
            I come around

Comment

I though that forest is "skogen". Is that the plural or something?
              En skog - a forest. I skogen - in the forest.

Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
              Stemmen Fra Taarnet by Burzum translates to "Vote from Tower".
              No; (The) Voice From The Tower. Though En stemme can also mean A vote... As i've said, same words, different meanings, both ways. You'll have to learn the gramatic context they're used in.

Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
              You aren't a fan of Burzum, right?
              Think i've made that pretty clear a couple of times... ;-)

Comment

En skog - a forest. I skogen - in the forest.

No; (The) Voice From The Tower. Though En stemme can also mean A vote... As i've said, same words, different meanings, both ways. You'll have to learn the gramatic context they're used in.

Think i've made that pretty clear a couple of times... ;-)
                What do you not like about Burzum?
                You tried to suppress me
                I come around

Comment

• I really think you will enjoy Nyktalgia - Peisithanatos, Iron Wizard. Very Burzum-like in sound.
                  Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

What do you not like about Burzum?
                    The music, which is simply untalented. Even 25+ years of experience haven't made him much better...

Comment

The music, which is simply untalented.
                      False.
                      Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
                        False.
                        He asked for my opinion, not yours...

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                          The music, which is simply untalented. Even 25+ years of experience haven't made him much better...
                          Technically, Varg is no great guitarist. The same goes for bass. He is fairly good with his stamina, especially on drums. What I admire about Burzum is the composition. He writes great riffs (Det Som En Gang Var, Dunkelheit), but he makes them flow together very well. The riffs are placed perfectly in the song.

Check this out:

Jesus' Tod is beautifully composed.
                          You tried to suppress me
                          I come around

Comment

Yeah, we all know BBS loves Burzum. I also love Burzum, but I believe that Burzum is his favorite "band". But, in my opinion, his opinion is correct, but opinions are not technically right or wrong. Only facts are.
                            You tried to suppress me
                            I come around

Comment

Yeah, we all know BBS loves Burzum. I also love Burzum, but I believe that Burzum is his favorite "band". But, in my opinion, his opinion is correct, but opinions are not technically right or wrong. Only facts are.
                              You asked why i don't like Burzum, i answered why. With my opinion...

Comment

You asked why i don't like Burzum, i answered why. With my opinion...
                                In my opinion, his is correct. He technically isn't correct, as it is an opinion. Opinions are confusing...
                                I agree with his opinion, though.
                                You tried to suppress me
                                I come around

Comment

Working...
                                X