Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Black metal appreciation thread 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    He asked for my opinion, not yours...
    This is a public forum, not a PM though. Posting an opinion on a public venue like this automatically opens it up to scrutiny from anyone; don't get upset that I simply did so.
    Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
      This is a public forum, not a PM though. Posting an opinion on a public venue like this automatically opens it up to scrutiny from anyone; don't get upset that I simply did so.
      That is very true. In my opinion, on the forums, anyone may chime in if they wish to do so.
      You tried to suppress me
      But nothing holds me down
      Just when you think you're happy
      I come around

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
        This is a public forum, not a PM though. Posting an opinion on a public venue like this automatically opens it up to scrutiny from anyone; don't get upset that I simply did so.
        If you'd said "I disagree" or "In my opinion", then i agree, that would've been a whole other matter.
        Just blurting out "False" isn't an opinion or chiming in...
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
        Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

        Comment


        • But what you said was false though.

          Saying "I don't like Burzum's music because of the composition" is a fair criticism because it is actually a subjective viewpoint.
          Saying "I think Burzum's music is untalented" is not a fair criticism, because it is actually a viewpoing rooted in objectivity; however it happens to be wrong.

          It would be like me saying "the sky is brown". It would be my opinion, yes, but it is an opinion based in objectivity; an opinion that facts directly contradict.
          Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
            But what you said was false though.

            Saying "I don't like Burzum's music because of the composition" is a fair criticism because it is actually a subjective viewpoint.
            Saying "I think Burzum's music is untalented" is not a fair criticism, because it is actually a viewpoing rooted in objectivity; however it happens to be wrong.

            It would be like me saying "the sky is brown". It would be my opinion, yes, but it is an opinion based in objectivity; an opinion that facts directly contradict.
            So you really need me to've said "i think it's untalented"? Ofcourse talent is an objective matter too. Esp. on these boards, it seems (referring to the extreme vocals debate).
            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
            Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

            Comment


            • You tried to suppress me
              But nothing holds me down
              Just when you think you're happy
              I come around

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                So you really need me to've said "i think it's untalented"? Ofcourse talent is an objective matter too. Esp. on these boards, it seems (referring to the extreme vocals debate).
                I would have told you I thought you were wrong either way tbh. *shrugs*
                Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

                Comment


                • Added to my BM collection this month:









                  Comment


                  • CONTINUED:







                    PRE ORDERED

                    Comment


                    • Some of my absolute faves I recommend!









                      Comment


                      • continued recommendations...









                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
                          lots of haters on this album but I love it. Big big cold sound. Black Metal with great production values is no sin.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post
                            lots of haters on this album but I love it. Big big cold sound. Black Metal with great production values is no sin.
                            I think that Battles in the North is their most hated, followed by Blizzard Beasts, and then All Shall Fall. I think all of Immortal's albums are very good.

                            I'm a bigger fan of Burzum, though.
                            You tried to suppress me
                            But nothing holds me down
                            Just when you think you're happy
                            I come around

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
                              I think that Battles in the North is their most hated, followed by Blizzard Beasts, and then All Shall Fall. I think all of Immortal's albums are very good.

                              I'm a bigger fan of Burzum, though.

                              I just wish Varg wasn't such an insufferable douche

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post
                                I just wish Varg wasn't such an insufferable douche
                                Well said, frankly the guy is a wacko!
                                Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X