Punk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punk

Discuss punk here. The only punk I truly enjoy is that of the hardcore variety.

You tried to suppress me
    But nothing holds me down
    Just when you think you're happy
    I come around

You tried to suppress me
    But nothing holds me down
    Just when you think you're happy
    I come around

Comment

Classic....

We dont see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

A Deadboys cover:

Comment

Absolutely adore and love the Triad Of Punk -Dead Kennedys, Black Flag and the greatest of the three The Misfits!!
          Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Comment

Was never big on punk except for a bit of crust and hardcore.

As for hardcore though, my bud used to be in a band called At Odds. I think their "Cap City" demo is still on youtube.
              Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

>>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                YR CPTIN SPEKING
                YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Hard Core Logo was a mindblowing movie for me when i was a kid. Now, twenty years after the fact, and having read the book, it's still the movie i refer to...

95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                  Til rs ok friar ok forn sir

Comment

>>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                    SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                    YR CPTIN SPEKING
                    YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Huge fan of punk rock - especially the trinity - the Ramones, Sex Pistols & Clash. I still remember my sister giving me the first lp in 1976 & what a life changing experience it was. Their first 4 Lp's are absolute must haves in anyones collection. they were the band that once my friends & I saw them live made us go out and buy instruments & try to form our own bands. Johnny Ramone is the reason why I picked up a guitar - he is still one of my all time favorite guitarists.

One thing about the Ramones that I wish all bands would do - the Ramones live played all their songs in a melody with few breaks so you could get 32 songs in a 75 minute set. Definitely prefer bands to play music instead of talking between songs - just shut up and play.

Ramones live in Germany 1978

Also after the Ramones played in Austin at the Armadillo with the Runaways it seemed like every kid in Austin formed a punk band some of the better ones were the Skunks, The Dicks, The Big Boys & the Offenders

Skunks - Gimme Some - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-0AztSGoJo
                      The Dicks - hate the police - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8O2ToQ_Dok
                      The Big Boys - Funk Off/ Baby Lets Play God - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcgKyruRqr4
                      The Offenders - I hate Myself - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az2UI1lpRbc
                      At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

Hardcore done by metal guys, been enjoying this lately.

Comment

Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kamikazetom View Post
                              They were the band that once my friends & I saw them live made us go out and buy instruments & try to form our own bands. Johnny Ramone is the reason why I picked up a guitar - he is still one of my all time favorite guitarists.

I didn't come across the Ramones (Or punk for that matter) till about the mid 80's in my teens. When I started to bring a few Ramones tunes into my first band's jam, the other guys hated it! They were a little older than me, and told me how when the Ramones appeared at a music festival they went to: http://www.feelnumb.com/2014/04/06/r...e/#lightbox/0/ They threw shit and booed them off the stage. It's weird, because I thought (And still do), that the Ramones were more "Rock N Roll" than most of shit that was coming out at that time. In a lot of ways, The Ramones are to 1978 what Nirvana was to 1992, if you get my meaning.
                              Last edited by Axe fiend; 01-15-2016, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X