Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Candlemass Reunites With Original Singer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candlemass Reunites With Original Singer

From their FB page...https://www.facebook.com/candlemass/

THE RETURN TO DOOM!!

EPICUS DOOMICUS METALLICUS SINGER JOHAN LANGQUIST IS BACK IN CANDLEMASS

Shocking news! EPICUS singer Johan Langquist is back after a 32 year hiatus replacing Mats Levén who’s been with the band since 2012. This is right in the middle of recording the new album. What happened?

“We wanted to find our way back to the roots of Candlemass, back to the soul and essence of the band. Johan Langquist is back and we hope this will give us some new energy and kickstart the heart of doom again. We don’t know if it will last 10 more years or even 5, but if it will give us just another year of having fun and playing the music that we love so much, it will be a blast! The circle is closed, Johan is back!"

More news will follow soon….

Was just about to post a similar thread, but ya beat me to it. This is some mindblowing and thought provoking news. Not sure what's going on, here. I was under the impression that the new album was already recorded. And if not, then what? Is Johan just going to provide vocals on the album originally meant for Mats? That doesn't sound right going by the comments. And they're two completely differnet singers, by the way. I was actually looking forward to a Mats album with LP quality songs, but holy fuck! I'll take this, whatever this is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tromafreak View Post
      Was just about to post a similar thread, but ya beat me to it. This is some mindblowing and thought provoking news. Not sure what's going on, here. I was under the impression that the new album was already recorded. And if not, then what? Is Johan just going to provide vocals on the album originally meant for Mats? That doesn't sound right going by the comments. And they're two completely differnet singers, by the way. I was actually looking forward to a Mats album with LP quality songs, but holy fuck! I'll take this, whatever this is.
      My favorite 'Mass vocalist was Lowe but I was warming up to Mats on the two EPs (the songs were kinda weak but he sang well) and was looking forward to the album but this news is a pleasant surprise. You know the pressure they're under to deliver another Epicus tho'!

Comment

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bla...leCWW.facebook

Comment

Thanks for the article Tromafreak, I look forward to hearing the new album.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Comment

Wow, what a massive song and a huge solo from the Master himself...

"He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                Wow, what a massive song and a huge solo from the Master himself...

Decent song but I thought the solo was kinda bad by Iommi standards tbh.
                Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
                  Decent song but I thought the solo was kinda bad by Iommi standards tbh.
                  Same. Especially compared to the fantastic solos the man has churned out during the last few decades. This was rather incoherent, sounded like he just stepped in the studio and improvised a solo in the spot without much thought or preparation.
                  "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                  "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                  "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

^^^ Very good tune ,, Sabbath lives in this track ... great riff ,, absolutely fantastic solo!

It's like those guys who don't LOVE "Breaking Into Heaven" or "Dear Father"

Comment

Iommi is the magic man!
                      Great track

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                        ^^^ Very good tune ,, Sabbath lives in this track ... great riff ,, absolutely fantastic solo!

How can one not love these^^^Doc????
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

like me. lol
                          Black metal > Whatever you like, sorry. *shrugs*

Comment

Ok, I'm not listening to anymore singles until the album is released, and I don't know why the first AND last tracks would already be out there, but here's this one, now. If anyone wants to give their opinions on it, I'm totally interested.

Comment

So far I’m liking this album, listened to it for the first time today, have to give it a few more listens, heavy album.

Comment

Working...
                              X