Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Rush Drummer Neil Peart dies age 67

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush Drummer Neil Peart dies age 67

He died 7th Jan after a 3 year fight with brain cancer. This is terrible news and the worst possible start to the year.

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/ima...lies/frown.png
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...gmEfpHGT6OV7Ms
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
    He died 7th Jan after a 3 year fight with brain cancer. This is terrible news and the worst possible start to the year.

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/ima...lies/frown.png
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...gmEfpHGT6OV7Ms
    Iím taking this hard. I love RUSH Neil was a great drummer. RUSH is such an excellent band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

R.I.P. Neil, you were and always will be one of the best and always remembered through the music you live on.
      Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 01-10-2020, 06:54 PM. Reason: Typo
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Awesome drummer.

Comment

Sad news about Neil Peart,the great Rush drummer.

Comment

A tremendous loss to the music world. Neil was a true artist in every sense of the word, with musical integrity and legacy firmly intact. I'm still stunned by this terrible news! 😥

R.I.P. Mr. Peart.:

Comment

Rush were and are my favourite band, full stop. I've been a fan since I was 13, 14 years old and I'm 54 this year. I grew up in a very small, quiet town in rural southern England in the late 70s/early 80s and my life was very "small"... school, home, family all within a few square miles of each other, and not much else going on. Rush's music and, particularly, Neil's lyrics, were the first thing I ever heard that made me realise that there was a "bigger" world than the one I knew - a world filled with science fiction, science fact, politics, philosophy, ethics and so many other ideas. And of course, they rocked too. Lemmy taught me about women, Ronnie James Dio taught me about castles and dragons, and Neil Peart taught me everything else. Knowing what any Rush fan knows about how the band have always conducted themselves, and especially about Neil Peart's desire for privacy, it's no surprise at all that his illness was kept completely out of public knowledge. So it was absolutely gutting to see the news arrive online on Friday night, completely out of the blue, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I shed a couple of tears as it sank in.

Thank you, Neil and Rush, for the music and words that have completely soundtracked and shaped my life.
              Follow mens' eyes, As they look to the skies, The shifting shafts of shining, Weave the fabric of their dreams...

Comment

Thank you for your great post MJD2013.

I tried clicking on your Thanks button, but it’s telling me your not supported or linked or something.
                Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 01-13-2020, 08:06 PM.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

RIP Neil Peart! Gone too soon. I wish I could have seen Rush live.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD2013 View Post
                    I've been a fan since I was 13, 14 years old and I'm 54 this year.
                    Me too. RIP NEP.

Ted

Comment

I've listened to little else since he died. Yesterday I pulled out two Rush albums I rarely listen to. Caress of Steel & Vapor Trails. Found a lot to like, contemplating taking a pass at the entire Rush catalog in full.
                      “I’ve been stuck listening to a lot of @RushTheBand since Neil died. Still going today - I got out a couple of albums I rarely listen to in full. So far today it’s been “Caress of Steel” and “Vapor Trails”. #RIPNeilPeart”
                      Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                      View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Great drummer, great band. So sad. Looks like he found out about a year after he retired, what a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by jstheconqueror View Post
                          RIP Neil Peart! Gone too soon. I wish I could have seen Rush live.
                          I've seen them twice. The second time was the R40 show in 2015 in Dallas. The first time was on the Power Windows tour in 1986 in Philadelphia.

Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                          View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Bill Ward wrote a touching tribute to Neil

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/or...to-neil-peart/

Comment

Working...
                            X