Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Led Zeppelin vs. Pink Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Led Zeppelin vs. Pink Floyd

<font color="blue">Ho fuck man Pink Floyd from me for shure I love Pink Floyd
    Fav albums Meddle, Ummagumma, Animals,and Wish You were Here..</font>

Comment

I`m not keen on any of these two bands, but I like Led Zeppelin much more than I like Pink Floyd.

Comment

Zeppelin by far. I simply don't like Pink Floyd.
        I'm just a man and I am what I am,
        Nobody will ever change my ways.

Comment

Led Zeppelin definately. They're my ultimate favorite band.

Comment

part of these two bands (as with most bands but not all), if you arent into their style of music, you won't like them. if you don't like blues-rock, you won't like zeppelin. if you don't like experimental rock, you won't like floyd. i personally love both, and love both bands. but zeppelin wins out.

Comment

Not the biggest fan of either, but ill definitely go with Led Zeppelin.

Comment

Wow I dont log in often to express my opinion and I may ruffle a few but I agree with Ashly about Zep being what I call the most greatest overated band of the genre.
                Page was great in the studio but was a slopfest on tour.
                (Zep Firm Coverdal/Page)
                Great rhythm sections were a dime a dozen from 69 thru the 70's and carried many not so stellar guitar players to stardom ( see Ted Nugent).
                Gilmore could and still can keep you on the edge of your seat standing alone with the emotion in his playing.
                Plant ,now he was the shit and I enjoy his solo stuff more than Zep.
                As a youngster I always thought that Floyd, Sabbath,Purple,
                B.O.C were the tops.

PK

Comment

I think Led Zeppelin was a fantastic band and they will go down in history as one of the great rock bands of their time and beyond. I too have heard stories about their less than stellar live performances but their studio work was excellent and the How The West Was Won CD and DVD kicks major ass. I have most of their stuff and wish there were more of it.
                  I had to go with Pink Floyd though. They have had such an original and diverse catalog of music over the years that has always met or exceeded their fans expectations that I believe they will go down in history as one of the --Best--
                  bands ever to play either live or in studio.
                  Add the fact that the departure of first front man Syd Barrett and then Roger Waters did nothing to diminish the band but instead enabled first Waters and then Gilmore to lead the band in somewhat different and fresh directions .
                  So many Floyd songs over the years, upon hearing them for the first time, have made me stop whatever I'm doing at the time and just listen in awe that I've come to expect it whenever they come out with something new and I can't wait to get my hands on David Gilmore's new solo album.

Comment

^^^^It's good to see more people that aren't "It's not Floyd without Waters"

Comment

People that say that don't really know much about Pink Floyd do they? Rogers Waters had a big influence on the band and usually won the fights to get what he wanted but David Gilmore wrote quite a bit himself and wouldn't let Roger have everything his own way.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        ^^^^It's good to see more people that aren't "It's not Floyd without Waters"

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Amen To That. You see Roger Waters was a very important piece to Pink Floyd and only an idiot would say their music didn't change after he quit. But Floyd grew afterwards for the same reason they grew when Barret left, David Gilmour. Gilmour's guitar has been plastered all over everything Pink Floyd since atleast A Saucerful Of Secrets, so yes it is going to sound alot like him. But you mean to tell me there are people in this world who think any of Waters' solo albums are better than David's?, LOL.

Here is something else, the best songs on "The Wall, Live In Berlin" ARE: In The Flesh(Part 1), Young Lust, The Trial. Mainly Because they're by guest artists, and not Roger. I Think Roger is a brilliant songwriter, deserves all the credit for what he DID in Floyd. Because without David, Nick & Richard it doesn't really leave Roger's head. I don't think people like Floyd nowadays because it sounds alot like About Face, and yes in some instances they are right. But can you imagine what Floyd would be if it had been Gilmour that left and Waters stayed? :Shivers:

The new music Floyd has made since Water's Departure: AMLOFR & TDB are far better than The Wall or Dark Side Of The Moon. Without Gilmour Pink Floyd Is A Bloodless Lifeless Senior Citizen Named Pink Fraud. Gilmour Is Floyd, Has Been Since 1968. Name Me One Song That Has A Grandoise Solo By Gilmour, That Everyone Will Say It WASN'T DAVID's Solo That Made It Great.

As far Zeppelin goes it is simple. When I first heard Led Zeppelin 1 I was about 7 or 8 so it was about 74 or 75 and I was shocked. Led Zeppelin 1 I can listen to at anytime, I love every song, Page's guitar sounds best there and Plant's voice is in key better than it EVER was again during Zeppelin. But after LZ1 their music got repititious and kind of boring. Oh sure every album after that had 1 or 2 good songs on it but they were not as good as 1. The only album of theirs that can even be mentioned in the same breath as LZ1 is Houses Of The Holy because that album kicked major ass.
                        Plus atleast with Floyd, you got a different story out of the lyrics, here is what you got with Zeppelin: A blonde haired blue eyed pretty boy humping the microphone stand singing about the woman that got away. So after awhile you begin thinking "Damn Plant your life must suck", but it does get fucking OLD and OLD quick. Maybe people like repition I don't know, but that is why I dont care for Zeppelin.
                        I respect everything they did and they were an intregal to the continuation of the music I know and love, but admist all their efforts to me and my taste, which in my world is the only thing that matters, they have become merely mediocre.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

The new music Floyd has made since Water's Departure: AMLOFR & TDB are far better than The Wall or Dark Side Of The Moon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I wouldn't say A Momentary Lapse of Reason is better than Dark Side of The Moon, but it is better than The Wall. Plus, The Division Bell is my favorite Floyd album ever.

Comment

Calling DCLXVI, Peter Grant did not "Manage" Pink Floyd!!!

From 1966 Floyd were "managed" by Peter Tenner and Andrew King under the name of "Blackhills Management" then around about 1969/70 they split and managed Syd Barret.....
                            Steve O'Rourke then took over and stayed as manager with Pink Floyd until his death in 2003.

Peter Grant managed Led Zeppelin, and as part of Swansong
                            (Zeppelin's own label) he also "Managed" Maggie Bell and
                            Bad Co., Grant left "Music Management" in 1981 about a year after John Bonham died, and retired to Eastbourne in Sussex
                            England, he helped on Eastborne Council and sadly died in 1995.

Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd, Impossible for me, I love 'em
                            both, I'm just! too young to have seen both bands at their
                            height, but I've seen Page and Plant who are by no means "Sloppy" in their performances, and have seen Floyd on
                            video with Waters and without Waters, (1989's venice gig stand's out as a fine one)
                            These days I have seen "The Australian Pink Floyd" tribute band (fantastic), and "Whole lotta Led" a Zep tribute band
                            (also fantastic).

Both bands mean a lot to me so I can't vote, as for "similarities" between both bands, both are "Mega-Rich"
                            both give their Royalty Cheques to charity, and both have
                            earned England a lot of money in the "Export" market selling
                            and still selling their albums some of them are well over 30 years old!!!

Led Zeppelin over-rated, I wish I was as succesful and considered overrated....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Great rhythm sections were a dime a dozen from 69 thru the 70's and carried many not so stellar guitar players to stardom ( see Ted Nugent).

[/ QUOTE ]
                              I think Ted Nugent is an awesome guitarist. And no doubt one of the best showmen around. So gonna have to say i disagree with that.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                                I think Ted Nugent is an awesome guitarist. And no doubt one of the best showmen around. So gonna have to say i disagree with that.

[/ QUOTE ]
                                I Agree With CrueDude, Ted Nugent Is One Of The Best Guitar Players EVER, And He Is One Of My Top Influences. Where Nugent's Ability Shows Is Live, Rather It Be Albums Like Double Live Gonzo Or Great Gonzos & Intensities In 10 Cities, Or Simply Live In Person Ted Can Always Make Something Out Of Nothing. To Me Ted's Best Song Is Paralyzed, Particularly On Great Gonzos, Even Though "State Of Shock"'s Version Is Just As Good. I Like Ted's Energy Live And The Fact That He Can Have That Same Amount On An Album. The Best Version Of "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang" Is From "Double Live Gonzo"

Comment

Working...
                                X