Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Led Zeppelin vs. Pink Floyd

Let's try this comparison on for size!
    Do you want to encourage the Sabb Four to release a studio, demo, or official live version of "Scary Dreams" (the thus far unreleased song they debuted/performed live during their 2001 Ozzfest tour)? If so, consider becoming a fan of Scary Dreams on facebook by clicking the below link:

https://www.facebook.com/blacksabbathscarydreams

Re: Led Zeppelin vs. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd. Their movie The Wall kicks ass, and their albums... WOW!

Comment

Pink Floyd

Comment

Hard choice.

Zeppelin has Stairway to Heaven and Kashmir and Fool in the Rain and many other classics, but Pink Floyd had the entire Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, Wish You Were Here, etc.

Eventually, to me early and late Pink Floyd isn't to my tastes yet. I have several albums from each, Zeppelin is much harder for their first 6 albums, while both have good meaningful songs.

Zeppelin has more better selling albums, but The Wall beat out Zoso in record sales.

Both bands had Peter Grant as manager...

Finally, Zeppelin was my favorite band for about the last year, so I'm gonna have to vote Zeppelin.

Comment

Pink Floyd for me.

The blood runs free
          The rain turns red
          Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

Pink Floyd for me. Even though I got into Zeppelin first, I've kinda outgrown them in the last year. Floyd on the other hand has stood the test of time for me. Everything from Meddle to The Wall is classic, plus the post-Waters era has its moments. I even enjoy the Barrett years too, even though it's a little more eccentric.

Comment

I'd have to say Led Zeppelin because Led Zeppelin 4 and Houses of the Holy are 2 of my favorite cds of all time.

Comment

I can't see how these bands can be pitted against each other. They have little in common I think. But if you ask about personal tastes, I'd say Pink Floyd.
                "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Pink Floyd

Comment

Zeppelin

Comment

This is real tough,but I gotta go with FLOYD seeing as i'm in a FLOYD tribute band.

Then again,BONZO is my favorite drummer(next to Bill of course)!

Comment

Led Zeppelin.

50% of Pink Floyd's stuff is just noise to me.
                        http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I can't see how these bands can be pitted against each other. They have little in common I think. But if you ask about personal tastes, I'd say Pink Floyd.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually they are a lot more similar if you think about it.

Both bands are some of the most succesful bands ever. Lot's of their songs are similar (money is close to zeppelin, some later zeppelin is very similar to some floyd)

they have the same managere in Peter Grant, they both have kinda the majestic air about them (for their fans at least).

they both love jamming.

The Wall and Zoso had very close record sales.

There are way more similarities than you realize.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            actually they are a lot more similar if you think about it.
                            Both bands are some of the most succesful bands ever. Lot's of their songs are similar (money is close to zeppelin, some later zeppelin is very similar to some floyd)
                            they have the same managere in Peter Grant, they both have kinda the majestic air about them (for their fans at least).
                            they both love jamming.
                            The Wall and Zoso had very close record sales.
                            There are way more similarities than you realize.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite honestly Floyd have nothing in common with Zeppelin. Zeppelin in their most talented and best shape shouldn't even be mentioned in the same mind set with Floyd. Zeppelin is a very overrated band that only released one album where every song was worth morth than 1 listen and that was their first. I find more enjoyment listening to the Jerry Springer show(which I despise) than I do 90% of all Zeppelin's material. Most of it is sloppy and tasteless at best, but Houses Of The Holy and Led Zeppelin are both very fine albums.

Now Floyd on the other hand, if you mentioned The Wall being your deciding factor for choosing Floyd or if you mentioned the Wall having anything to do with you liking Floyd then you should choose Zeppelin. Just like Led Zeppelin 4, The Wall is the bands worst album. I despise the majority of the Wall, it's the farthest thing from Floyd, that is more Blue Floyd. Just like Led Zeppelin 4 is Led Blimp.

But after all in the end Floyd has my vote without a second thought. Just like almost every band to ever form, regardless of their status, they could never match up with Pink Floyd. Floyd was and still is light years ahead of any band.

Comment

Pink Floyd and Zeppelin don't sound anything alike in their music.

I'm a big fan of both bands but my vote goes to Zeppelin.

Comment

Working...
                              X