Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Deep Purple 2006 Tour Setlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Purple 2006 Tour Setlist

Saw the set list from the new Purple tour. Check this out:

01. Pictures of Home (Machine Head)
    02. Things I Never Said (Rapture of the Deep - Japanese Bonus Track)
    03. Ted the Mechanic (Purpendicular)
    04. Living Wreck (In Rock)
    05. Rapture of the Deep (Rapture of the Deep)
    06. Wrong Man (Rapture of the Deep)
    07. Before Time Began (Rapture of the Deep)
    08. Lost Contact (Bananas)
    09. Well-Dressed Guitar (Bananas, but unreleased)
    10. Lazy (Machine Head)
    11. Keyboard Solo
    12. Perfect Strangers (Perfect Strangers)
    13. Junkyard Blues (Rapture of the Deep)
    14. Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming (Purpendicular)
    15. Space Truckin (Machine Head)
    16. Highway Star (Machine Head)
    17. Smoke on The Water (Machine Head)
    18. Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye (Rapture of the Deep)
    19. Black Night (In Rock)

Wow - that's a LOT from Rapture. I hadn't counted it before. Usually bands don't weigh it that heavily towards the new one. Totaltracks from each:

6 - Rapture of the Deep
    5 - Machine Head
    2 - In Rock
    2 - Purpendicular
    2 - Bananas
    1 - Perfect Strangers
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Re: Deep Purple 2006 Tour Setlist

I was thinking about seeing Deep Purple in February, but now I`m sure that I won`t go. First thing is that it`s not in my city, second is my dissapointment because of the setlist.
    Last time I saw them I missed Pictures of home very much, now it`s cool they play it, but that`s all. I don`t like the new album. I think 6 is too many. I don`t understand why they play the bonus track and the other unreleased one. The setlist from last tour was far better with Strange kind of woman, Speed King, Woman from Tokyo (!!), When a blind man cries, Knocking at your back door..

Comment

I think it's nice to see a band with a lot of years (and albums) behind them having faith in their new material instead of just making the usual "greatest hits" performance so to speak.
      http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

I'd have to agree with Kenneth... More power to them for having the balls to put their new material into the setlist. They had six tunes from Bananas played live in 2004 as well, I think, and they came off great. They take a lot of chances with the setlist these days in DP. Great to hear a refreshing batch of energetic tunes as compared to when Blackmore was bogging them down with his half-hearted playing and greatest hits sets.

Comment

when do they start touring?
          "I want to tell you, yeah
          How Good It Feels
          Sleeping here with you tonight
          And thats for real"
          -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            when do they start touring?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's already began. They did a warm up gig at the London Astoria on Tuesday. I would've loved to have gone, but I had work. The next chance I'll get to see them is June 3rd when they headline the return of the "Monsters of Rock" festival. Not at Donington this time though, it's at the Milton Keynes Bowl.

I think that's a good setlist. I love the new album and there's a lot of old favourites there as well.
            >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
            SHIP ERTH THIS IS
            YR CPTIN SPEKING
            YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

My friend at school was telling me about this. He said Alice Cooper was on the tour with them also. He said they'd be going to St Louis, which is only like 200 miles from me. I might go.

Comment

when are they touring the US
                How Good It Feels
                And thats for real"

Comment

I think it's fantastic that Purple have faith in their new material. We don't want them getting the same reputation that Sabbath has got regarding live shows (ie, constantly playing their 'best of' collection).

Comment

They have been playing Greatest Hits packages for a couple of years now, much to the annoyance of DP fans. This set is great, I was undecided about seeing the Berlin show in Feb, but now I'm definaley going.

Comment

This setlist is so much better than the Bananas tour setlist which sucked big time (at least by the time they reached Russia)! Now they not only have as much as six tracks from Rapture of the Deep (which I totally love -- OzzApril, what did you find wrong about it?), but some Purpendicular tracks have resurfaced at last! (I think Purpendicular is the second best Purple album... after Rapture [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) I don't worship classics and I think they could drop some of them. Aren't they sick of some classics? Isn't Morse sick of playing more Blackmore tracks than the ones he co-wrote? HAVE FAITH IN NEW STUFF DUDES! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. Well Dressed Guitar is a constant part of the setlist, meshed with Contact Lost and guitar solo, so what's wrong with this one?
                      "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

oh ok, I won`t argue. Maybe my view is different from yours because I`m not a die hard Deep Purple fan. I like their early stuff very much, and I`m not sick of their 'hits' (maybe apart from Smoke on the Water ) I would love to hear those old songs. And Rapture of the deep, well I really don`t feel this album, the same thing with Bananas.

And I forgot that I even heard "Well-dressed guitar" when I saw them [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] forget that I wrote that part [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          when are they touring the US

[/ QUOTE ]
                          How Good It Feels
                          And thats for real"

Comment

No US dates have been confirmed yet.
                            >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                            SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                            YR CPTIN SPEKING
                            YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

I think he was lieing then..I've noticed that about him lately.

Comment

Working...
                              X