"Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" VS "Somewhere In Time"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" VS "Somewhere In Time"

As soonerfan did a post about the "Number Of The Beast" / "Piece Of Mind" / "Powerslave" period of the band, let's see which album of the following musical era you like best :
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
    "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Re: "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" VS "Somewhere In Tim

While I love both, to me it's "Somewhere In Time". Not a weak moment on this album and some timeless classics like "Heaven Can Wait", "Somewhere In Time", "Stranger In A Strange Land", "Alexander The Great" and the unfortunately not well known "The Loneliness Of The Long Distant Runner".
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
    "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Somewhere in Time. My favorite maiden album.

Comment

I picked "Seventh Son" but they are both pretty excellent. Its a close call.

Comment

These are 2 of my 3 favourite Maiden albums, and probably 2 of my top 10 favourite albums ever by any band, so it was too hard to choose.

However, I would probably just about take 'Seventh Son....' over 'Somewhere In Time' if it was a matter of life or death.

Comment

Definitely Seventh Son, although they're both excellent.

Comment

Somewhere in Time

what an amazing album

Comment

SSOASS. "The Prophecy" is beautiful.

Comment

I love both, but I'm going with SiT this time.
                  The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Somewhere in Time gets my vote. There is no dull moment on that cd, every song is great.

Comment

Well, I think I may have changed my mind. Seventh Son hit me immediately while, appaantly, it took several listens for me to really get into Somewhere in Time. At this point, I think Somewhere in Time has supplanted Seventh Son as my 2nd favorite Maiden album (behind their debut). Every song is incredible, with the exception of "Alexander The Great." So, I'm changing my answer to that album.

Comment

Somewhere in time is my favorite Maiden album very close to Powerslave. Every song on SIT is long, complex, and has this sci-fi feeling to it... The cover of the LP rules (very complex and full of details as well). Nicko smokes on his drums and Bruce voice is great. SIT has maybe the best solos ever in a maiden album (Wasted years, Straners in a strange land, Somewhere in time and Loneliness ...). Mr Adrian Smith was the main composing force at that time.

This era's bootlegs are very good as well. Bruce was having some problems with his voice live in he "Somewhere on tour" gigs, but the set lists in this tour was awesome.

Comment

I like them both, but I'll go with Seventh Son, something about that album that always moves me when I listen to it.
                          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

7th Son. One of my top 3 Maiden albums.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X