Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deep Purple vs. Rainbow vs. Blackmore's Night

[ QUOTE ]
    Deep Purple has a better overall career; after Dio left Rainbow it more or less sucked IMO, with few exceptions. I haven't heard any BN, but I REALLY want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to listen to them too until I finally heard their version of 16th sentury greensleeves. That sucks. Really sucks.
    I'm just a man and I am what I am,
    Nobody will ever change my ways.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I wanted to listen to them too until I finally heard their version of 16th sentury greensleeves. That sucks. Really sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Says who? Oh , you of course. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Says who? Oh , you of course. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you like it?

Comment

Of course I own everything BN has released, including video bootlegs. I really love medieval music and Blackmore Nights shines at it. Of course that ain't rock'n'roll :-)

Comment

Cool.

Comment

I was listening to Blackmore's Night like 3 years ago when I have mellowed out, but since then, I have regained faith in Heavy Metal. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

I picked Deep Purple. I only like the Dio-era of Rainbow and haven't heard much of Blackmore's Night.

Comment

Wow, whats really wrong with Blackmore's Night, does it sound that bad?
                  Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

Blackmore's night is one of the few original things to happen in music the last few years. Great music

Comment

Deep Purple!!!!MK 2 version....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Wow, whats really wrong with Blackmore's Night, does it sound that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its just different. Its an acoustic/medieval sounding thing. I'm guessing that more people are just more familiar with Blackmore's hard rock stuff.

Comment

Deep Purple, but no Ian Gillan singing. Give me Glenn Hughes and David Coverdale.

I'm realling getting into Rainbow.. Stargazer is AWESOME! How Dio reach those notes?..
                          BTW, I'm te only one on this board who like John Lynner Turner?
                          Can't you see what I see
                          You and I victims of Their word
                          As the master of power
                          Try to poison our world
                          ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Deep Purple, but no Ian Gillan singing. Give me Glenn Hughes and David Coverdale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, man. I don't like Gillan so much, even in his best days. He could scream and reach some amazing notes, but my problem with him is his middle range. His "normal" voice was/is very ordinary.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. I love the guy. But my favorite Rainbow singer is Graham Bonnet. That guy is simply amazing.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No Rod, I love the Turner-era, but my favourite Rainbow singer is easily Graham Bonnet. He is a phenomenal singer.

Comment

I donīt know who is the singer, but I have a Malmsten version for Gates Of Babilon.. my friend.. just AMAZING! Must be this Graham Bonnet, cause the name sounds knowed for me, and the singer isnīt Doggie White.
                                Can't you see what I see
                                You and I victims of Their word
                                As the master of power
                                Try to poison our world
                                ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Working...
                                X