Deep Purple vs. Rainbow vs. Blackmore's Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deep Purple vs. Rainbow vs. Blackmore's Night

Never heard of that version, but to hear Graham Bonnet in all his greatness, listen to the group Alcatraz (with malmsteen and Bonnet). The name of the album is No parole for rockī'n'roll.

Comment

I`ll up to the FTP for you, Lobito.
      Can't you see what I see
      You and I victims of Their word
      As the master of power
      Try to poison our world
      ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

I reckon Blackmore's Night is clearly in the wrong league here, so i m gonna nail it down to DP v Rainbow...truly tough call this one...firstly, both DP and Rainbow had very uneven, hit-n-miss careers...Rainbow impressed me greatly with the Dio-era 'Rising' and LLRR albums(both rollicking fun from start to finish) 'Down to Earth' was the only other Rainbow record(Bonnet as vocalist) that i liked a whole lot...but i gotta say their live efforts were very sub-par, even boring, and didn't cut the mustard with me, and i won't even start about the lousy JLTurner-fronted latter albums...i often feel sad that Rainbow definitely had a lot of potential but Richie's famed ego hassles and his decision to jump into the commercial cesspool ruined it in the end...Blackmore's Night seems to be a cop-out in a sense by an otherwise great guitar hero like Ritchie....So, i'd settle for DP cos i reckon they had more musical muscle as a band and delivered more quality for much longer..I hugely love and admire the Gillan-fronted 70's albums---'In Rock' (my most loved DP album ever) and Machine Head, Fireball, and Coverdale-Hughes double act on Burn and even Perfect Strangers in '84...DP's 90's albums were mostly terrible trash that i can never tolerate...So, yea DP for me, In Rock alone would clinch it for me...
        "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Rainbow by an inch

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I donīt know who is the singer, but I have a Malmsten version for Gates Of Babilon.. my friend.. just AMAZING! Must be this Graham Bonnet, cause the name sounds knowed for me, and the singer isnīt Doggie White.

[/ QUOTE ]
            It's Jeff Scott Soto, who also was on Yngwie's two first solo albums: Rising Force and Marching Out [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, of course Jeff Scott Soto. One of the greatest vocalists ever. And I mean, EVER.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Oh, of course Jeff Scott Soto. One of the greatest vocalists ever. And I mean, EVER.

[/ QUOTE ]
                indeed a very good singer [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

i think it would be Deep Purple i have one of Blackmore's Night album but i never heard it and i heard just 3 song from Rainbow:Long Live Rock And Roll,Temple Of The King,Since you begun?!?!?
                  that 3 songs were awesome, i think if i hear more songs from Rainbow i voted for them but now i voted Deep Purple

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    i think it would be Deep Purple i have one of Blackmore's Night album but i never heard it and i heard just 3 song from Rainbow:Long Live Rock And Roll,Temple Of The King,Since you begun?!?!?
                    that 3 songs were awesome, i think if i hear more songs from Rainbow i voted for them but now i voted Deep Purple

[/ QUOTE ]
                    you need some more Rainbow [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah...but i cant find so many albums that i want...i live in iran,here there are no orginal albums...we must search for mp3 albums that is hidden in people and so many albums cant be found here...

Comment

Rainbow for me. I'm not a huge fan of Deep Purple.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          yeah...but i cant find so many albums that i want...i live in iran,here there are no orginal albums...we must search for mp3 albums that is hidden in people and so many albums cant be found here...

[/ QUOTE ]
                          that's sad [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

The government forbid you guys to download rock music, dude?
                            Can't you see what I see
                            You and I victims of Their word
                            As the master of power
                            Try to poison our world
                            ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

no...but there are some problems:
                              1.in internet we cant find everything that we want and we must find someone kind that let us to download from (His/Her) Ftp...
                              2.here, internet speed at most is 32.5 kbps and its will be a long time to download a file...
                              but we download if we find something good... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I decided to vote for Deep Purple even though both bands rock really hard. It was a tough choice. Its just that at the time right now, i've been listening to more purple

Comment

Working...
                                X