X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deep Purple vs. Rainbow vs. Blackmore's Night

[ QUOTE ]
    no...but there are some problems:
    1.in internet we cant find everything that we want and we must find someone kind that let us to download from (His/Her) Ftp...
    2.here, internet speed at most is 32.5 kbps and its will be a long time to download a file...
    but we download if we find something good... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fuck man... check your PM box, I'm sending you a good advice about ftp
    Can't you see what I see
    You and I victims of Their word
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world
    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

I think this poll is relevant again...

Comment

Rainbow

Comment

Rainbow, by a mile.

Comment

Rainbow but I also like Deep Purple.

Comment

Blackmore's Night

Comment

Blackmore's Night

Comment

smoke on the water! m/
                  "Just remember love is life and hate is living death" - A National Acrobat

http://flummoxed.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Are you a complete idiot?

Originally posted by El Lobo View Post
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    I never really got into Dio-era Rainbow too much. I MUCH prefer the Bonnet-era. Down To Earth is easily my favourite Rainbow album.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. Sure, I apreciate the Dio era too, but Bonnet is easily in my top 3 vocalists ever. He delivers a range and raw power that is unmatched in any other Rainbow album.
                    This is quite laughably the joke of the century. DIO has more power than anyone period. Bonnet is an idiot! DIO is a real singer, Bonnet is an American Idol type goof ball. Did you see what he's wearing in the videos? I'm not knocking the guy, I'm sure he's a good singer but comparing him to DIO, really? Come on!!! You must have no clue of anything related to metal to even compare him to DIO. Rainbow is DIO not Blackmore, I'm sorry. No one cares about Blackmore's 15 minute solos. DIO said they used to have feild parties backstage between songs when Blackmore was doing his solos. Anything after DIO left, well who cares?

Comment

You do realize that this thread is more than 7 years old???

Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Its easy for me - Mk2 Deep Purple.

I have a huge respect for Dio and Bonnetīs Rainbow era. Stargazer and whole Rising is absolute masterpiece, same goes for Down To Earth. After that - Rainbow sadly became boring commercial crap, but I have to admit that album with Doogie White is pretty good....

One of most interesting comments about Rainbow came from Graham Bonnet - he is known as absolute powerhouse singers, when he came for audition for new singer of Rainbow he was asked to do Mistreated with the rest of band and sang the song without mic... but what was interesting - he wasnt aware what Rainbow music was about - and when he heard all albums with RJD, he described it as: "itīs not singing, itīs pretending singing!" I wonder what RJD would think about this description.

http://youtu.be/FXQiKl_mV38?t=19m16s
                        Last edited by ptr; 06-15-2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                          You do realize that this thread is more than 7 years old???

This reminds me of when the people posting on blabbermouth are yelling at Axl Rose ( Or Vince Neil or Dave Mustaine ect, ect..) thinking he is gonna be reading what they are saying..............so silly.
                          Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

The Dio fronted Rainbow albums can stand toe to toe with any Purple album, but the quality drop after them is too significant for Rainbow to compete with Purple's back catalogue, although Down To Earth is a pretty decent album if you exclude the god-awful "Since You've Been Gone".

So, Deep Purple.
                            "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                            "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                            "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

EASILY Deep Purple, specifically Mach II. Unquestionably the DEFINITIVE lineup! However, I'm looking forward to seeing the current incarnation of the band next month. Should be cool!

Comment

Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
                                The Dio fronted Rainbow albums can stand toe to toe with any Purple album, but the quality drop after them is too significant for Rainbow to compete with Purple's back catalogue, although Down To Earth is a pretty decent album if you exclude the god-awful "Since You've Been Gone".

So, Deep Purple.
                                Agree with your assessment StarW... (as I usually do ). Down To Earth, a not so thinly vielled ref. to Blackmore coming back to earth so to speak from Dio's Rainbows and Dragons and Castles... which IMO was the definitive Rainbow... DTE is a musically very good album, despite the overly commercial stab with SYBG... but your right, Rainbow went through too many changes and up and down albums after Dio left for them to stand toe to toe with DP's catalog... I was watching DP "live" at Cal Jam I recently, and Blackmore really hogged the show... a precursor for what was to come with Rainbow, where he live at least, was on a ego trip....

I saw them on the DTE tour, they blew Blue Ouster Cult off the stage opening up for them, was so stoked after that show I went to the next show an hour away a few days later where Montrose opned for Rainbow, and Blackmore, after a very spirited Montrose opened, Blackmore was in a funk, and played after the first couple songs, behind his amp the rest of the night, we never saw him... we could hear him play but he never showed his face again after the 1st couple songs... Montrsoe kind of blew them off the stage... the previous concert he was on fire, even smashing his guitar up, blowing BOC off the stage.. I think Blackmore prefers the undergog role anyway...
                                Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 07-15-2014, 09:33 AM.
                                "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                                R. Blackmore

Comment

Working...
                                X