Rush Permanent Waves 40th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush Permanent Waves 40th

I was looking to get the 40th anniversary of Rush's Permanent Waves on vinyl.

Problem is they don't sell just the album. You have to buy a 3 LP thing with Discs 2 & 3 as live shows. I don't care about the live stuff, I wanted the album, and given I'd almost never listen to the live discs, it's $62 for effectively one studio album. Pretty pricey.

Anyone else buying this?

https://lnk.to/PermanentWaves40
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

I ought to get more of the 40th Anniversary releases... I only have the 2112 40th anniversary release so far. Like you I'm not so interested in live bonus material just the remastered original songs. But, I'm not into the vinyl format either as haven't had a turntable since the '90s
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
      I ought to get more of the 40th Anniversary releases... I only have the 2112 40th anniversary release so far. Like you I'm not so interested in live bonus material just the remastered original songs. But, I'm not into the vinyl format either as haven't had a turntable since the '90s
      About six weeks ago I bought my first record player for the first time since last having one in 1985.
      Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
      View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I'm a huge Rush fan but haven't purchased any of the latest versions of the albums that they've issued over the last few years, mostly because I think that putting other artists' versions of Rush songs on an official Rush release is probably the worst idea ever from a band that have always presented their work with such integrity, but also because these newer versions have otherwise had nothing of any interest to me. Rush pretty much never had any studio tracks that didn't make it onto the albums, and the live material included in the releases so far has not been anything particularly interesting or different to existing live releases. I will buy this new version of Permanent Waves though, partly because it doesn't have the dreadful cover versions, and partly because the live set does have some interesting stuff for the era - both parts of Cygnus X1, Jacob's Ladder (one of my most favourite Rush songs) and Natural Science, all of which are not repeated on every live Rush album like The Spirit Of Radio, Tom Sawyer and The Trees etc etc etc. I'm still buying on CD though, I have zero interest in buying (greatly overpriced, I believe) vinyl.
        Follow mens' eyes, As they look to the skies, The shifting shafts of shining, Weave the fabric of their dreams...

Comment

Originally posted by MJD2013 View Post
          ...I think that putting other artists' versions of Rush songs on an official Rush release is probably the worst idea ever from a band that have always presented their work with such integrity...it doesn't have the dreadful cover versions...the live set does have some interesting stuff for the era - both parts of Cygnus X1, Jacob's Ladder (one of my most favourite Rush songs) and Natural Science, all of which are not repeated on every live Rush album like The Spirit Of Radio, Tom Sawyer and The Trees etc etc etc. I'm still buying on CD though, I have zero interest in buying (greatly overpriced, I believe) vinyl.
          The 1st sentence in the parts of the previous post I quoted above explains my dislike for the previously released 2112 Anniversary issue; the remainder of what I quoted explains why I'm considering buying the Permanent Waves Anniversary issue, which format I'd buy and why.

Ted

Comment

Working...
          X