X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Van Halen, legendary rock guitarist, dead at 65

Eddie Van Halen, legendary rock guitarist, dead at 65

https://www.wmur.com/article/eddie-v...-dies/34291407

"Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

20 views and no comments???!!!
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

BAH! Fuck you, 2020! You're ruining EVERYTHING!

RIP, Eddie.

Comment

RIP Eddie such a fantastic musician. Still remember seeing VH when they opened for Sabbath on the never say die tour in San Antonio - seeing Eddie play eruption was mind blowing- no one played a guitar like he did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

Sad News , i'm still in shock ,,i'm from LA ,and was lucky to have caught him a couple times
          ,with help of my sister who worked at UCLA cancer center ,it was 1993 when my sister called me in afternoon,that he was coming down to donate $$,and while looking for parking he was there with a friend at crosswalk,so i just kick back next to his lamberguini (spelled wrong lol) it looked like a hummer -it was awesome truck ,even chinese people stop and took picture of it-lol no lie,anyways he was cool about signing a stack f stuff for me ,these are my choice one's flyer i got signed at sony studio when they were filming human beings-sammys last project with them,he will be missed and i consider him pride of LA ! rip Ed. Capture-JPGtegte.jpg

Comment

Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi on Eddie Van Halen: ‘He Was Always an Inventor’

“I just don’t know how he could play like that,” Iommi says. “Nobody can play like him.” After the tour, they became close friends, going out to dinner with each other and occasionally jamming in the studio. Iommi was in touch with Van Halen right up until the guitarist’s death earlier this week.
            R. Blackmore

Comment

I don’t remember feeling as shocked, devastated and tearful over the death of a rock musician as I did over Eddie’s passing since Stevie Ray Vaughan’s tragic demise thirty years ago when I was only 14.
              Eddie Van Halen was always and will forever remain my most admired and loved rock guitarist of all time. The profound and heartfelt grief I feel over his absence will be very hard to get over anytime soon. R.I.P..Legends truly never die. If that’s any consolation to myself and his fans everywhere.
              "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
                I don’t remember feeling as shocked, devastated and tearful over the death of a rock musician as I did over Eddie’s passing since Stevie Ray Vaughan’s tragic demise thirty years ago when I was only 14.
                Eddie Van Halen was always and will forever remain my most admired and loved rock guitarist of all time. The profound and heartfelt grief I feel over his absence will be very hard to get over anytime soon. R.I.P..Legends truly never die. If that’s any consolation to myself and his fans everywhere.
                nice to hear from you brother RLP long time no see ...
                R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post

nice to hear from you brother RLP long time no see ...
                  Hey Cricket....Lovely of you to even remember me after my absence here all these years. I sure remember you too. In fact, I’m glad and relieved to see some old timers still present and posting on this superb forum. Eddie’s passing truly hit me hard. Stay safe and well. Don’t have a single careless day. I’ll drop by occasionally to see what you all are taking about.
                  "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post

Hey Cricket....Lovely of you to even remember me after my absence here all these years. I sure remember you too. In fact, I’m glad and relieved to see some old timers still present and posting on this superb forum. Eddie’s passing truly hit me hard. Stay safe and well. Don’t have a single careless day. I’ll drop by occasionally to see what you all are taking about.
                    Great to see you posting on the boards RLP - I hope all is well with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

Hey Tom, I sure remember you well, too. All is fine with me, thanks. Hang tough and stay well yourself.

Comment

Great to see both of you guys guys back:

kamikazetom and RLP4ever
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                          Great to see both of you guys guys back:

kamikazetom and RLP4ever
                          Thanks OID...It’s always nice to be back with my old friends here. And to be remembered and greeted by them.

Comment

Sammy Hagar said the band partied all day and night it was cocaine and booze ... that takes its toll on the body
                            R. Blackmore

Comment

Working...
                            X