Rainbow Dio & Blackmore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow Dio & Blackmore

WENDY DIO SAYS RONNIE NEVER SPOKE TO RITCHIE BLACKMORE AGAIN AFTER GETTING FIRED FROM RAINBOW

Wendy Dio
    : “I don’t think so, no. [In response to being asked if the lyrics to the Dio song ‘Rainbow In The Dark’ were about Ritchie] ‘Heaven And Hell’ was - ‘The world is full of kings and queens, that blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it’s heaven and hell.’”

https://bravewords.com/features/wend...d-from-rainbow

"Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Great article Wicked, I think Ritchie made a big mistake in firing Ronnie, Rainbow just wasn't Rainbow without Ronnie.

I've heard and read, Ritchie is an ego maniac and asshole to deal with, perhaps that's why Purple doesn't want him back, plus it doesn't make sense. I thought Ritchie left Purple because he wasn't happy with their musical direction, perhaps Purple were getting too commercial?

Yet he fires the best singer Rainbow ever had and music they ever made, and they were at their height with Ronnie, to go more Radio friendly? I think Ritchie screwed himself on that one, I have the entire Rainbow catalog, and I only ever listen to the Dio era and Down To Earth, the other albums I rarely touch, the new singles with Ronnie Romero are actually good and I bought the live album, Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow-Memories In Rock-Live In Germany with Romero at the mic.

Bad on Ritchies part getting rid of Ronnie and great on Tony's part picking him up, even if it was only short lived after Live Evil, DIO went on to do his own thing where he was boss and put out three classic DIO albums, I'll go four with Dream Evil, though I always felt Ronnie belonged with Sabbath, when he returned for Dehumanizer and then again for The Devil You Know, it showed those 4 guys had magic together, sad Ronnie didn't look after himself and catch the stomach cancer in time, he might've still been with us.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

^^ I also believe Rainbow wasn't Rainbow without RJD; it's long been stated that it was also the record company that wanted the Group to go in a more commercial direction - Ronnie didn't agree with that, hence the split.

Ted
      Black Sabbath cannot exist without these Individuals in the lineup: Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Ozzy Osbourne or Ronnie James Dio or Ian Gillan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
        ^^ I also believe Rainbow wasn't Rainbow without RJD; it's long been stated that it was also the record company that wanted the Group to go in a more commercial direction - Ronnie didn't agree with that, hence the split.

Ted
        And good for Ronnie, he did the right thing, though the article states he got fired from the band.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

yea Rainbow wasnt the same without Dio Ritchie wanted to venture into a more radio friendly commercial sound ...
          "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
            yea Rainbow wasnt the same without Dio Ritchie wanted to venture into a more radio friendly commercial sound ...
            Yes we know this, but didn’t Blackmore leave Deep Purple because they were going for a more commercial sound with Hughes and Coverdale? I think his decision bit him in the ass, I don’t think it brought him more fame or money, and he probably lost a lot of fans for letting Dio go.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

Yes we know this, but didn’t Blackmore leave Deep Purple because they were going for a more commercial sound with Hughes and Coverdale? I think his decision bit him in the ass, I don’t think it brought him more fame or money, and he probably lost a lot of fans for letting Dio go.
              He claims he did but Stormbringer is the sister to Burn its just as good and no more commercial... there's one "soul" like tune on it and Ritchie was like "it was too soulful funky I dont like funky" Blackmores a complicated figure and if you say its white he says its black just to be different ... he can also be a very funky player check out 'No No No' from Fireball ... Rainbow had a unique sound with Dio they lost that with each subsequent album after he left ...
              R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post

He claims he did but Stormbringer is the sister to Burn its just as good and no more commercial... there's one "soul" like tune on it and Ritchie was like "it was too soulful funky I dont like funky" Blackmores a complicated figure and if you say its white he says its black just to be different ... he can also be a very funky player check out 'No No No' from Fireball ... Rainbow had a unique sound with Dio they lost that with each subsequent album after he left ...
                I don’t think there were too many post Dio/Rainbow fans left after Ronnie was fired, not like there were when he was in the band.

Comment

Working...
                X