Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

your favourite guitar solos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your favourite guitar solos

lets recommend the songs we all like with wicked solos...please name the particular song...here are some of mine
    im starting off with pink floyd and ill post the rest as we go on
    1.high hopes
    2.wearing the inside out(beautiful solo)
    3.the final cut
    4.marooned(hell yeah)
    5.not now john

Re: your favourite guitar solos

Heavy Duty - The last solo on the track, performed by Nigel Tufnel
    Children of the Grave - Randy Rhoads - Tribute

Comment

Ashes Are Burning (Renaissance)
      Zero the Hero (Black Sabbath
      The Trooper (Iron Maiden)

Comment

alexander the great-the best maiden solo imo apart from wasted years and stranger in a strange land...all of these are from the same album...somewhere in time

Comment

Somebody mentioned Randy Rhodes on Tribute playing Children of the Grave, but what about that masterpiece on Suicide Solution? That one was pretty good.

The first guy mentioned Pink Floyd. To his list I'll add Comfortably Numb, Mother and Time.

There's another guy I really like, by the name of Iommi. Try "I Go Insane" on for size. Epic!
          How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
          --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

franklin the reason i did not mention tribute or fused or any sabbath and sabbath related songs is that we know we all love all of the songs....this thread is supposed to be for songs that not alot of people have heard

Comment

Hangar 18, bunch of great solos there.
              "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

hanger 18 is alrite but personally my fav megadeth solo would have to be killing road...just an awesome solo

Comment

Originally Posted By: guitarsexgod franklin the reason i did not mention tribute or fused or any sabbath and sabbath related songs is that we know we all love all of the songs....this thread is supposed to be for songs that not alot of people have heard
                  Fair enough. However, my comment about Tribute was directed to another writer who did mention Tribute, so I simply added a reference to Suicide Solution. I also picked up on your Pink Floyd theme and added three of my favorites.

And I'll bet you that despite the fact this is a Black Sabbath forum, fewer than 25% of the participants on this forum have bought Iommi's Fused, so I would imagine that quite a few here have never heard "I Go Insane."

BTW, I know it's really old, but I still really love Deep Purple's Child in Time too. Blackmore was really good, back in the day. And speaking of Deep Purple, I love the interplay between the guitar and the piano in Junkyard Blues on Rapture of the Deep.
                  How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                  --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Stairway to Heaven (Yeah, a no-brainer)
                    Baba o' Riley (The Who)
                    All Along the Watchtower (Jimi's version)
                    Riders on the storm (A Keyboard solo but still teh best eva)

Anyway those are pretty much standards, I don't really like solos to be honest, only the very good ones can I really enjoy.

Comment

Angus Young AC/DC - Night Prowler
                      Randy Rhoads Ozzy - Over The Mountain utter Brilliance.
                      Kirk Hammett Metallica - Disposable Heroes
                      Dave Murray/Adrian Smith Iron Maiden - To Tame A Land
                      Phil Demmell/Rob Flynn VIO-LENCE - World In A World
                      Marty Friedman/ Dave Mustaine Megadeth - Ashes In Your Mouth
                      Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower/ Have You Ever Been To Electric Ladyland
                      Paul Masvidal/ Jason Gobel Cynic - Uriboric Forms
                      Alex Lifeson RUSH - Jacobs Ladder
                      Steve Vai David Lee Roth - Skyscraper
                      Alex Skolnick Testament - First Strike Is Deadly
                      David Gilmore Pink Floyd - Time
                      The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

devstorm nice list overall...although i dont like the testament song...i think thier songs like return to serenity and electric crown are much better

Comment

and franklin u shud listen to the live in budokan version of suicide solution solo done by zakk i think it is waaaay better than the tribute version

Comment

Not in the mood to list all of them, but I will mention the five solos that influenced me more than any other at any part of my life:

1) Pink Floyd - Marooned
                            2) Judas Priest - Run Of The Mill
                            3) Judas Priest - Before The Dawn
                            4) Bad Company - The Way I Choose
                            5) Steve Vai - For The Love Of God

Comment

Anything from:

Kirt Hammett from Metallica
                              Tony Iommi from Black Sabbath
                              Zakk Wylde from Ozzy/Black Label Society
                              Holy Trio from Iron Maiden :happy:
                              Glenn Tipton/K.K. Downing from Judas Priest
                              Angus Young from AC/DC
                              Kerry King/Hannemen from Slayer (80's Slayer that is)
                              Dave Mustang from Megadeth

Their is really not a bad solo in my Opinion, so I picked them all as my favorite
                              Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

Working...
                              X