Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Steven Tyler To Quit Aerosmith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Steven Tyler To Quit Aerosmith?

Who cares. I never liked them much anyway and certainly nothing after Draw the line.

Comment

I tend to doubt this is true... money makes the world go round, and right now, Aerosync is such a cash cow, I can't see Tyler leaving over personal reasons.

I agree with the characterization of 'Meatloaf Lite' given earlier... very apt.

Comment

when doing dope and booze they rocked aftert rehab they suck the mtv pecker maybe they need to go back to a $5000 a day dope habit

Comment

Originally Posted By: Psycho Man Its his band. Thats like Ozzy leaving his name to Zakk and Blasko. Plus it supposedly from Liv. Would you believe something like that if it came from Kelly? If she is denying she said it I'll take it as bad reporting like the thing about Sharon owning the name Black Sabbath.
          Joe Perry might disagree with you about that. Anyhow, if there's really problems in Aerosmith, I'll bet you anything that Tyler is the cause of it. The guy comes across as such an egomaniac. You don't get that vibe from the rest of the band, even Perry.

Comment

Originally Posted By: VikingChrist
            Originally Posted By: Psycho Man Its his band. Thats like Ozzy leaving his name to Zakk and Blasko. Plus it supposedly from Liv. Would you believe something like that if it came from Kelly? If she is denying she said it I'll take it as bad reporting like the thing about Sharon owning the name Black Sabbath.
            Joe Perry might disagree with you about that. Anyhow, if there's really problems in Aerosmith, I'll bet you anything that Tyler is the cause of it. The guy comes across as such an egomaniac. You don't get that vibe from the rest of the band, even Perry.
            well Perry was out of the band for a number of years. Steven Tyler = Aerosmith like Tony Iommi = Black Sabbath
            "I want to tell you, yeah
            How Good It Feels
            Sleeping here with you tonight
            And thatís for real"
            -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

hahahahahaha they suck now ever since that album with Janies got a gun and Dude looks like a lady
              R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

Comment

and bon jovi suck too
                R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

Comment

The last album they did that was even remotely good was "Pump", and that was a very hit and miss affair. "The Other Side" and "Janie's Got A Gun" are god awful.

The Aerosmith of the 70's were a simple, kick-ass rock and roll band. Except for "Dream On". I have -never- figured out why that song is considered a classic.

The last time I saw them perform on television, guys like Tyler and Brad Whitford didn't look particularly good, and the band sounded lifeless and flat even on the old classics.

Comment

I like "Dream On" sometimes. Thats about it.

Comment

eh
                      Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

They are complete and total sell outs, nothing more, nothing less. Then: you could pay $15 and see em drunk and high playing great blues and rock....Now: they play corporate gigs, play schmaltzy ballads and tickets are like $100+. How much money do they need? The capper was seeing Joe Perry on American Idol.

Comment

Originally Posted By: Psycho Man
                          Originally Posted By: VikingChrist
                          well Perry was out of the band for a number of years. Steven Tyler = Aerosmith like Tony Iommi = Black Sabbath
                          That's a real stretch. By that logic, Joey Kramer and Tom Hamilton also = Aerosmith. Besides, Perry and Tyler write the bulk of the songs together. There's more to being the most important member of a band than just sticking around the whole time.

Comment

I could see the band possibly doing a farewell at this point. But for them to continue without Tyler, it wouldn't work to their advantage. It's time for them to quit anyway. And I could see Tyler continuing with singing on these lame movie soundtracks etc. etc. I saw them live over 10 years ago & they seemed "over" even at that point.
                            The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

i saw them twice after the comeback i love the 70's stuff but with out tyler it wont be the same. and Dream On is there best song by a long shot. it is a shame they didnt write more of the epic style songs like Sabbath and Led Zepplin have.

Comment

Originally Posted By: Mark7 They are complete and total sell outs, nothing more, nothing less. Then: you could pay $15 and see em drunk and high playing great blues and rock....Now: they play corporate gigs, play schmaltzy ballads and tickets are like $100+. How much money do they need? The capper was seeing Joe Perry on American Idol.
                                Are bands like Sabbath any different. The last few years Ozzfest tickets are very expensive. I don't recall the exact prics for Priest's AOR tour but I believe tickets were between 70 and 90 bucks. It is the fault of the industry.

And here is the thing, if ya don't like it don't listen to it and don't buy tickets.
                                "I want to tell you, yeah
                                How Good It Feels
                                Sleeping here with you tonight
                                And thatís for real"
                                -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Working...
                                X