Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by devilmaycare View Post
    i like it a lot Ady... Whaddayathink?
    I've only listened to the first three songs, but it sounded good. One for the car, I think.
    >>TECHNICIÄNS ÖF SPÅCE
    SHIP EÅRTH THIS IS
    YÖÜR CÄPTÅIN SPEÄKING
    YÖÜR ØÅPTÅIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

• Deep Purple - Made in Japan

and

Ted Nugent - Double Live Gonzo, another great live album!

waiting for them to arrive, it's Christmas gifts for my (older) brothers, who introduced me to hard rock back in the day! They don't have the old vinyl we had anymore, so the CDs will be welcome I hope.

Comment

• !!!!!!!! No Dio or Manowar!!???

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Ah... I missed the part where you said they weren't for you!

Comment

• ZZ Top - Double Down Live 2DVD (Definitely Then: 1980 & Almost Now: 2008)
          "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Originally posted by devilmaycare View Post
            !!!!!!!! No Dio or Manowar!!???

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Ah... I missed the part where you said they weren't for you!
            sure they are for me - lovely copies for myself, I give them to my brothers as a pretext to buy them! For a long time I wanted to get these two, but always had other stuff to buy - like my 12th copy of some Dio boot

Got Made in Japan in the post today - it is AWESOME, bonus disc and all. It's been years since I had heard it!
            Last edited by nunoni; 11-17-2009, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• Candlemass - 20th Anniversary Party DVD
              Tony Martin joins the band to do a killer version of Witches! Bloody awesome! Worth getting it just for that alone!

Winters Bane - Redivivus

Comment

• The Butterfly Ball Radio Special, lovely 1LP radio show, which I got, look at to make sure it is in fine condition, and stored in the shelf without hearing - nice one for the collection though!

Comment

• Them Crooked Vultures - S/T
                  "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                  - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
                  —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by nunoni View Post
                    The Butterfly Ball Radio Special, lovely 1LP radio show, which I got, look at to make sure it is in fine condition, and stored in the shelf without hearing - nice one for the collection though!
                    Wow! If you've never heard Butterfly Ball, you should at least give it one spin.

Dio - Dream Evil
                    Is it just me, or does somebody else believe it?
                    I'm not alone, and I'm not afraid.
                    There's just one thing to say, after all.

Comment

• Been on a buying spree lately, way too many to list. Most recent purchase:

Slayer - World Painted Blood
                      "I can honestly say it’s truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

• ^ Great! So has everybody here that had to get Slayer's World Painted Blood bought it, by now?

For me, as of last night and today:

Sodom~Sodom
                        All Shall Fall!~Immortal
                        Plague Angel~Marduk
                        Wormwood~Marduk
                        Dark Thrones and Black Flags~Darkthrone
                        Digital Carnage EP~Cephalic Carnage
                        Noise Grind Power Death EP~Insect Warfare
                        "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

• My Recent purchases were

Ray Davies - Kinks Choral Collection - Really like this
                          Slayer - World Painted Blood - still getting into it - not as good as I had hoped
                          George Thorogood - the drty dozen - good - like the older outtakes (side 2) the best
                          Them Crooked Vultures - Really like this - between this & the Ray Davies as my favorite new CD's now
                          At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

• Two blind purchases today, both bargains -

Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow...

Voivod - Katorz

My spelling may be off on the two above but I have been on a thrash kick lately and these were two bands I'd heard positive opinions of and since both albums were reduce I thought I'd try'em.

Will most likely stick them on my iPod for work tomorrow. Brief testing of them sounds promising - I was especially surprised by "Jasonic" who seemed to be far more experimental and interesting than in Metallica.

[Speaking of Bassists, John Paul Jones in Them Crooked Vultures also sounds great - so too does Dave Grohls drumming - hell even Josh Homme sounds on white hot form.]
                            "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                            - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
                            —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Wall 666 View Post
                              Two blind purchases today, both bargains -

Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow...
                              I reckon this blind date will turn out to be a swell, sweet experience.

Seriously, Wall, HWILT...is a very entertaining heavy metal album. Might seem to drag a bit, occasionally in some songs...given the long total running time, too. But, I'm guessing that you will find it a thoroughly fun listen and your money well spent on a bargain buy, too boot. If you like this disc, you might wanna also seek a bargain buy of ST's Camera...Lights....Revolution album. My favourite, though, is the raw, punkish self-titled debut of Suicidal Tendencies.
                              "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

• Them Crooked Vultures. I love it! They are playin it to death on my local radio station too!

Comment

Working...
                                X