No announcement yet.

What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally managed to buy Slayer's World Painted Blood...It seem to be good. Better than Christ Illusion, but not as good as God Hates Us All...quite diverse album actually from Slayer...Playing With Dolls is a truly weird one, even on Slayer standards! I think I'm gonna enjoy this album.

Comment

• Ratt climbed Out Of The Cellar today! RRROCK!!!
      "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Originally posted by DiosSword View Post
        Rick Medlocke is one of the genuine "nice guys" in the music biz
        Coming from North Florida, I can tell you that opinions are very split on that.

I like Blackfoot, though.

Comment

• Rush - Grace Under Pressure Tour 1984. Great version of the "Fear" trilogy.
          "But I don't want to go among mad people."
          "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
          "How do you know I'm mad?"
          "You must be or you wouldn't have come here."

Comment

• Rainbow - Nippon Eyes 2LP, my third copy.

I had

insert cover
            colour cover with sticker "Rainbow live in concert"

now this one is
            colour cover without sticker - for an amazing €26.

Oh, and I bought a Sporting Lisbon 1978 matchworn t-shirt for $500 - not expensive, given the rarity and age, and very good condition!

Comment

• I guess the elves brought my special present today, I saw some strange footprints outside on the snow when I came back home...

The Life And Crimes Of Alice Cooper 4 CD anthology box set

I know it's just wishful thinking, but who knows - maybe they did manage to handcraft that box set for me at Santa's workshop after all...well, the day after tomorrow I'll find out what the package is!
              "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Originally posted by AngryHeart View Post
                Coming from North Florida, I can tell you that opinions are very split on that.

I like Blackfoot, though.
                The latest Guitar World letters column has some sentiments similar to what you say.

A friend and I saw him live back in '87 at a shitty little club in South Bend, Indiana (when he had the lineup with the two black guys; I don't remember the drummer, but The Wizzard was on bass).

After the show he invited us backstage, fed us from their huge cold cuts tray, I had a beer (my friend didn't drink) and talked to us for almost an hour.

But you'll find split opinions on a lot of rock stars. Neil Peart - some say he's the biggest "leave me alone" asshole around, and others say he's just a very reserved guy who opens up when he feels comfortable with you (being reserved myself, I can relate).

I've heard some say that Ritchie Blackmore is a jerk, and others say that he's really cool.
                He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

• I've known Medlocke since his Blackfoot days... not well but our paths have crossed a few times & he's always been a gentleman & funny as hell. Blackmore I had the pleasure of playing soccer against just once but I didn't impose on his time although I did kick him (he came off better than the singer of a britpop band I hospitalized!). He was in a fine mood & didn't seem to fire anyone during the match.

Peart I haven't met. Although judging by the turns his life has taken I completely understand him wanting to be left the hell alone. That doesn't make him a jerk... It just makes him a guy who values his privacy.

I don't understand fans who think musicians owe them anything other than good records & great live performances. The rest of their time should be there's to do with what they please... If that includes taking time out to meet the fans GREAT... If not... FINE.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiosSword View Post
                    Neil Peart - some say he's the biggest "leave me alone" asshole around, and others say he's just a very reserved guy who opens up when he feels comfortable with you (being reserved myself, I can relate).
                    I'd bet on the latter being the case. Things he's written (e.g., the liner notes for Exit . . . Stage Left I believe) suggest he's both smart and funny. And the lyrics to Limelight (I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend) really couldn't make it any clearer.
                    "But I don't want to go among mad people."
                    "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
                    "How do you know I'm mad?"
                    "You must be or you wouldn't have come here."

Comment

• Originally posted by devilmaycare View Post
                      didn't seem to fire anyone during the match.

lol

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Originally posted by devilmaycare View Post
                      I don't understand fans who think musicians owe them anything other than good records & great live performances. The rest of their time should be there's to do with what they please... If that includes taking time out to meet the fans GREAT... If not... FINE.
                      Agreed. Obviously, we hope our favorite musicians treat us and others well, but they are under no obligation to do so. Those that do should be commended for it.

Comment

• My parents just got me the deluxe editions of Black Sabbath and Master of Reality for Christmas. Yay, that's 80 bucks I don't have to spend. Too bad they couldn't find the Paranoid one. I guess I'll have to buy that one myself.
                        Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• Wolfmother - Cosmic Egg
                          "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

• Taste ~ Live At The Isle Of Wight
                            >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                            SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                            YR CPTIN SPEKING
                            YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

• Bought myself Paul McCartney's "Good Evening New York City" -

Received Beatle's "Rubber Soul" as a Christmas Gift which is excellent
                              "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                              - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.
                              Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• This was the first Christmas in a long time where I didn't receive anything music related, aside from the most brilliant gift that I received a couple weeks early, an iPod Classic. Since getting the iPod I have been ripping my CD collection to mp3 format and putting the songs on the iPod. I am 57% finished (4 boxes out of 7).

This is the most liberating gift I have ever had. I feel like my entire CD collection is the "most recent album I have bought."
                                How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                                --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X