Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slayer - World Painted Blood

After listening to it on my way to work 2 days ago, I must say that while a good album there was something off about the production. Except for the cymbals, it felt like Lombardo was buried in the mix. Something about the guitar seemed unusual to...

Oh well, not gonna let that ruin my enjoyment of it. It's still worth listening, and I'm still looking forward to the show in February.

Comment

• Chroma Key - You Go Now
      Riverside - Second Life Syndrome
      Riverside - Rapid Eye Movement
      OSI - Blood
      http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

• Metal Priest--where did you get the Chroma Key album? I figured they were out of print for some time now.

Anyway, seems like I made another impulse buy:

Opeth - Blackwater Park

Comment

• Albert King with Stevie Ray Vaughan - In Session

Probot - Probot

A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step (replacing my lost/stolen copy)

Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs for the dead (replacing my lost/stolen copy as well)

Comment

• Originally posted by Echoes View Post
            Metal Priest--where did you get the Chroma Key album? I figured they were out of print for some time now.

Anyway, seems like I made another impulse buy:

Opeth - Blackwater Park
            I bought it on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chroma-Key-You-G...item20aebdbc4d

Comment

• Thanks to the glory of gift vouchers:

The Beatles - White Album and Help!
              "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
              - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
              —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Hour of 13 - Hour of 13
                Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
                Helloween - Better Than Raw
                Coffins - The Other Side of Blasphemy
                Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• The Beatles - Live at the BBC
                  "But I don't want to go among mad people."
                  "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
                  "How do you know I'm mad?"
                  "You must be or you wouldn't have come here."

Comment

• A visit to one of the local flea markets last week was again fortunate...

Top Gun original motion picture soundtrack CD in flawless condition and for just 1,50 eur...

I also "saved" a brand new Deep Purple In Rock 25th anniversary edition from within a pile of miscellaneous CDs for just 3,50 eur (I already have this album), still in plastic wrapping - I'm gonna be the rock 'n' roll samaritan and sell it to my friend for that very same price when he comes to town again, I'm just happy to see this great album go to someone who also knows and appreciates it like I do, the dedicated Deep Purple & Whitesnake fan that he is...

Postage-free backorder came home last week...

ZZ Top...Greatest Hits - Video Collection DVD for just 8,95 eur...

Today's visit to a local suoermarket...

ZZ Top...Afterburner for just 6,00 eur...
                    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• On the way in the mail:

Gamma Ray - No World Order
                      Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• Just ordered:
                        Whitesnake - Trouble (Remastered/Expanded)
                        Desert Sessions - Volumes 9 & 10
                        "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• I don't buy music anymore, the only reason to do so would be on principle, and I'm not so self-righteous that I feel I could make a difference in the dying music industry. I don't even remember the last thing I bought on itunes, let alone a physical album.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wall 666 View Post
                            Whitesnake - Trouble (Remastered/Expanded)
                            Well, congratulations on your wise purchase, ALL remastered Whitesnakes are done great, courtesy of the Abbey Road master Peter Mew...I have them all. Classic Purple albums as well. Pro job, indeed.

Originally posted by ShadowOfTheWave View Post
                            I don't buy music anymore, the only reason to do so would be on principle, and I'm not so self-righteous that I feel I could make a difference in the dying music industry. I don't even remember the last thing I bought on itunes, let alone a physical album.
                            Well, obviously that's your choice. Feel free not to buy albums and not support the industry which is made of little and almost meaningless individual buyers like myself...

Not feeling self-righteous at all or thinking heavily about trying to make some difference, just trying to make a rise in my album collection by getting more good albums for my own satisfaction while I still can (before the industry draws its final breath) - still waiting for my last week's backorder:

Iron Maiden
                            - Flight 666 2DVD

Edge Of Sanity
                            - Nothing But Death Remains
                            - Unorthodox
                            - The Spectral Sorrows
                            "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• The Beatles - The Stereo Box

Comment

• Whitesnake - 1987

It was on sale and although I couldn't stand "Is This Love", the rerecorded songs got me curious. as did John Sykes on guitar. The album is is best summed up to me as a Coverdale/Sykes album as opposed to Whitesnake. The direction of the album is certainly very 80's - though not in (what I would consider) a good way.

The contrast was hightened by the arrival of Trouble. This is a far superior band playing much stronger music. I find it odd that in the booklet Coverdale states that he was sick of screaming his way through Deep Purple and wouldn't limit himself with his own album/band yet in the end thats exactky what 1987 does. Shame because Coverdale's voice on Trouble is excellent, more emotion and more organic.

1987, much like Good To Be Bad just doesn't feel like Whitesnake. It is for all intents and purposes a different band. Thats not to say that 1987 doesn't have any good songs, simply that it is A) outclassed by the earlier albums as evidenced with B) two of the strongest songs on the album are rerecordings of old tracks.

Sabbathman - you were right about the quality of the remastering, it sounds excellent and is how remastering should be done (Megadeth & Judas Priest take note!). Doesn't hurt that the songwriting and performances are great either.

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X