• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my auctioned package today...

Megadeth
    - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
    - Rust In Peace

Both CDs are original versions & in surprisingly good scratch-free condition, 10 eur/each.

I used to have Peace Sells... as the very first CD I've ever owned in my life back in early '93, for some reason beyond my recollection I decided to sell it back in mid-90's...This time the relationship with this album is permanent, I've been hunting this '86 version for a while now, finally got it...

Never had Rust... as an original CD, but now I got it as the original '90 version from the same one place with Peace Sells...
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Pre ordered Blaze Bayley's Promise And Terror a long long time ago and it arrived today, few days early! Purely awesome record...even better than The Man Who Would Not Die, more versatile...and some truly brilliant vocal melodies by mr. Bayley!

Also got Rainbow's Live In Kln 1976 and Cathedral's Supernatural Birth Machine.

Comment

• "The Madcap Laughs Again"

A tribute to Syd Barrett that came with the March edition of MOJO. I bought it for Hawkwind's cover of "Long Gone".
        >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
        SHIP ERTH THIS IS
        YR CPTIN SPEKING
        YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

• Arsenal Of Megadeth DVD...just 9,99 eur since it's a part of the discount campaign that began today...

Comment

• After a hiatus on purchasing, I went on a shopping spree, spending much more than I really should.

Harvey Milk - Harvey Milk
            Mastodon - Remission (vinyl repress)
            Gone - Let's Get Gone, Real Gone for a Change
            Middian - Age Eternal
            W.A.S.P. - W.A.S.P.
            W.A.S.P. - Last Command
            W.A.S.P. - The Headless Children
            W.A.S.P. - The Crimson Idol
            W.A.S.P. - Dying For The World
            Overkill - Fuck You And Then Some/Feel The Fire
            Overkill - Years Of Decay
            Overkill - Horrorscope
            Overkill - I Hear Flack
            Krallice - Krallice
            Baroness - First/Second
            Baroness - Blue Record (deluxe vinyl edition)
            Altar Of Plagues - White Tomb
            Darkthrone - Panzerfaust
            Cobalt - Gin
            Coalesce - Ox
            Yob - The Great Cessation
            Virulence - If This Isn't A Dream...1985-1989
            Bl'ast - It's In My Blood
            High On Fire - Snakes For The Divine (pre-order package at The Omega Order store: CD/LP/ Download and a signed poster).

Comment

• Originally posted by VikingChrist View Post
              After a hiatus on purchasing, I went on a shopping spree, spending much more than I really should.

Harvey Milk - Harvey Milk
              Mastodon - Remission (vinyl repress)
              Gone - Let's Get Gone, Real Gone for a Change
              Middian - Age Eternal
              W.A.S.P. - W.A.S.P.
              W.A.S.P. - Last Command
              W.A.S.P. - The Headless Children
              W.A.S.P. - The Crimson Idol
              W.A.S.P. - Dying For The World

Overkill - Fuck You And Then Some/Feel The Fire
              Overkill - Years Of Decay
              Overkill - Horrorscope
              Overkill - I Hear Flack
              Krallice - Krallice
              Baroness - First/Second
              Baroness - Blue Record (deluxe vinyl edition)
              Altar Of Plagues - White Tomb
              Darkthrone - Panzerfaust
              Cobalt - Gin
              Coalesce - Ox
              Yob - The Great Cessation
              Virulence - If This Isn't A Dream...1985-1989
              Bl'ast - It's In My Blood
              High On Fire - Snakes For The Divine (pre-order package at The Omega Order store: CD/LP/ Download and a signed poster).
              Holy shit, VikingChrist! My respects to you for your merciless chopping spree! I also congratulate you for doing yourself the right thing...

Comment

• Geoff Tate - Geoff Tate
                http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

• I didn't buy it, but my wife got me the new AC/DC box set Backtracks for my birthday a couple of days ago, God bless her. Some of the very early formerly Australia-only tracks don't even sound like the band they became!
                  He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

• Originally posted by DiosSword View Post
                    I didn't buy it, but my wife got me the new AC/DC box set Backtracks for my birthday a couple of days ago, God bless her. Some of the very early formerly Australia-only tracks don't even sound like the band they became!
                    Did you get the one that's a working Amp? A mate sent me one a few months ago... So funny!

Comment

• I just received these CDs from Amazon.com:

Emerson, Lake & Palmer Emerson, Lake & Palmer
                      Emerson, Lake & Palmer Tarkus
                      Emerson, Lake & Palmer Trilogy
                      Emerson, Lake & Palmer Brain Salad Surgery
                      Deep Purple Burn
                      The Who Sell Out
                      How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                      --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Opeth--The Candlelight Years (mini box set of first three albums)

Opeth is good stuff.

Comment

• CD
                          Iommi-1996 DEP Sessions
                          Black Sabbath-Headless Cross (Classic Rock version)
                          Green Day-Foot In Mouth (Japanese live CD)
                          Vinyl
                          The Who & The Jimi Hendrix Experience (2 LP, also the name of te record)

Comment

• Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                            I just received these CDs from Amazon.com:

Emerson, Lake & Palmer Emerson, Lake & Palmer
                            Emerson, Lake & Palmer Tarkus
                            Emerson, Lake & Palmer Trilogy
                            Emerson, Lake & Palmer Brain Salad Surgery
                            Deep Purple Burn
                            The Who Sell Out
                            Aah, now that is a real gem! Not only the great music (which I probably don't have to tell you) but the truly professional remastering work by Peter Mew of Abbey Road, also the great remixed songs courtesy of Glenn Hughes. If you don't have the follow-up album Stormbringer yet, get that one too, what a great special-styled album with a fantastic sound world! Both albums 10/10 Sabbathman-approved

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                              Aah, now that is a real gem! Not only the great music (which I probably don't have to tell you) but the truly professional remastering work by Peter Mew of Abbey Road, also the great remixed songs courtesy of Glenn Hughes. If you don't have the follow-up album Stormbringer yet, get that one too, what a great special-styled album with a fantastic sound world! Both albums 10/10 Sabbathman-approved
                              Yes, the Burn and Stormbringer albums! What a great Deep Purple era. Too bad the talk of a reunion of this Mk (forget the number) of Purple didn't happen.

Although edging toward the funkier Come Taste the Band sound, you can definitely hear Blackmore edging his own way toward the Dio-era Rainbow sound on such songs as "Sail Away" , "Mistreated" and "Soldier of Fortune". The various live albums this Mk put out are quite good as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                                The draw for the Emerson, Lake & Palmer certainly were the remastering jobs that got such rave reviews. I already own these albums on earlier CD versions (and Brain Salad Surgery on old vinyl). I was drawn to the Anniversary Edition of Burn because I really enjoyed the Anniversary Editions of In Rock and Machine Head. Plus, the price was right at 6.99 (Amazon.com).

Originally posted by celt View Post
                                Yes, the Burn and Stormbringer albums! What a great Deep Purple era. Too bad the talk of a reunion of this Mk (forget the number) of Purple didn't happen.

Although edging toward the funkier Come Taste the Band sound, you can definitely hear Blackmore edging his own way toward the Dio-era Rainbow sound on such songs as "Sail Away" , "Mistreated" and "Soldier of Fortune". The various live albums this Mk put out are quite good as well.
                                I do not have the Stormbringer album yet. Perhaps that will be an upcoming purchase. I have Made In Europe on vinyl but I haven't listened to it in years. [in fact, as I think about it, I had better check to be sure it wasn't among the casualties of the dreadful record collection purge of 1993.]

So much good music, so little time.
                                How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                                --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X